Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need a little advice

nolan009

im 18 and go to UM. I'm really fucking sick of having to go to coconut grove or ft. l to do anything bc im not 21. I really wanted to see pvd, but i knew i wouldn't be able to get in since im only 18. any advice on anything i can do?

thanks

nolan

Learn Photoshop, young grasshopper.

Well, to be honest, without resorting to extralegal means, there's not a lot that can be done. It used to be that you could get some sort of 'job', say flyering or general promotions work for the clubs or DJs, and all would be overlooked. But now, most places ask that you be 21 to do those sorts of things.

The under 21 scene here totally blows, I know. Once, a long time ago, I was a University of Miami student. Between a love for the scene, and being tired with the whole college crowd (I tell you, if you want to find out the definition of wannabe-high-class, just go to UM..) bullshit, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I asked a worldy (ahem!) girl I knew to take me out clubbing with her (her worldliness had her on good terms with several doormen...) one night. It was strange...somehow we started at Mission (eeek!) and ended up at Shadow Lounge. I got the whole tour of the beach in one evening. Then it was nights at Groove Jet, then one day I picked up my camera...

wait aren't i supposed to be telling you how to get your groove on properly and not digressing into my history?

Anyway, my advice is...Space is out for now. They card everyone. Don't even attempt to fake it in, there's cops right there out front.

Other clubs, you stand a bit of a chance maybe. Doesn't hurt to try. Girls help, of course. :)

that's funny because i just turned 21 in june and still have YET to be id'd in miami-and i spent a month there for wmc '01 and fashion week, and my 21st weekend. ..

never mind-maybe it's because i'm a girl, i just figured since they made a big deal about it being a 21 and over city that they figured everyone was(i mean, i still brought one) oh well..