Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone ever go to http://sfl.8up.com?

blowflyii

Ok i think drum and bass certainly isnt in its infant stages.Now dont get me wrong because i am a huge fan of dnb but i think it has hit a definite stopping point.Very little drum and bass today is fresh at all.Some of the same sounds are starting to be used in every track i hear lately.Ive caughty myself listening to house and techno way more lately than drum and bass.Maybe it could be my personal tastes are changing.But i do think some great hard house has been coming out lately.I think the only thing that truly sounds fresh in my opinion is two step.Granted these are my personal tastes and the quality of music can be in the ear of the beholder.peace.

Chops:tongue:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by blowflyii

By the way the florida scene was started way before 93 it started in the 80's. I am not saying I was ever a part of it. Please do not sound that way. You had to have gotten into it from someone else. Peace.

The scene started with Disco music. Before there was Disco the only thing that DJ did in clubs was play records. They would play different records or just cut from one track to another. One of the old time DJ's that I remember was John (Jelly Bean) Benitez. He use to play at the Fun House in New York and he dated Madonna for awhile.