Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2nd topic..be proud of what u are..or not??

chynado11

As you know the stuff thats going on right now in America..I do wanna know everyones response as possible..because everyone should have some sort of reaction to this..

As being a person of 4 races, my parents like for me to acknowledge all of what I am but still to know that I am an American..do u have a problem with those that are of a different race and that were born as a US citizen to be more americanized (which is really inevitable to be) or should they try to pass heritage on to their kids and not forget where they came from even though they live in America..for instance for the american born afghani people that live here and are getting persecuted for what is going on..should they or anyone for that fact be given hell for their "peoples actions" NOTE: theres like 5 different topics in this one ;)

Again I am of 4 diff races and am curious of everyone elses race, care to share?? and do u celebrate or hold your heritage or have you been totally americanized..?

:bounce:

adios, ciao, shalom, sayonora

CD

It's cool to be proud of your heritage. But there's a difference between acknowledging your heritage and thinking your heritage is superior to others. I'm 100% Korean. But pretty much completely Americanized. I hate seeing people of any race, color, creed, whatever just sticking with their own and looking down on others. That's bullshit. And it's boring.

Hmm...interesting topic, hopefully it wont get degenerated up to the point of luchador masks :D ...but in talking about race and ethnicity is always a very touchy subject just like talking about religion.

Here is my take on it, I'm basically 100% hispanic, specifically Mexican, born there although raised in the US, Mex., and other parts of Latin America, although when considering heritage I owuld say that there has to be some Spanish (henceforth Arab) and Native in me somewhere, but when asked what race...sorry my bad...what ethnicity I say Hispanic, race would be white (according to the census)..

But to the point, when I have kids whether they be born here or whereever I would like them to know where the hell they came from, my side from Mexico and my future-wife (whenever I meet her.....any single female CP members out there?...this should go in another thread...I'll start it :D ) wherever she might be from and of course I would like then to embrace the country in where they were born...eventually it will all depend on what they want to do, but I would encourage them to do so, especially as in doing so, they will, in the process, recognize other races and ethnicities.

But on everything that is going on, although I do admit that I do not know alot of Arabs, and those who I know are back in Fla. (where I went to school) and I havent asked them, is that I am bit dissapointed that the Arab community has not been more vocal in expressing their concerns to the main American public and transmitting their message back home..

I mean how can this guy Osama, be leading all this shit, while his family (wealthy at that) donates how much $$$$ to Harvard each year to a scholarship fund for American scholars to study Islam and Arab culture, I hope that they in some way (and others to) are doing the reverse, in encoraging people that live in these fundamentalist states and very closed societies to study Western culture, as it is ignorance by the main populace that makes it so easy for their leaders to manipulate them....

uh, anyway any single girls on CP? :D :D :D