Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OMG! I'm actually WORKING!!!!

shadygroovedc

yeah?!?!

well Im still collecting dust around here...actually waiting to get briefed on what they want me to do, might be here until late if they take their time..sh*t!!

:mad:

anyway...I briefly saw platural9 and there was a group of Asians next to the left subwoofer. I asked a couple of them (one with spikie hair) if he knew Shady or Sung and the guy thought I was drunk. He did mention that he was Korean so I dunno...

I remember there was one wearing a AF baseball cap, the aforementioned one with spiky hair, andother one wearing like a l vest or somethin' and the one with the baseball cap and the one with the vest, I recall seeing them in front of the DJ area throughout the night.

Hmmm....anyway overall its the best I've heard Alex Whalen in a very looooooong time, as well as Dave Ralph in anbout 3 or 4 months, the last guy William Dieter was also pretty good until 4:30 or so when he started spinning some older stuff, more trancie type of stuff....

I think someone spiked my drink.

:D

Naw, I wasn't there Friday night. I ended up taking it easy. Me and some friends went out for a couple drinks in Clarendon. Of course, before we went out, I smoked myself silly so it was completely unnecessary for me to be out in public. Had a couple beers, then went back to my friends place, where we proceeded to pay more homage to the god of herb, listen to some tunes, and pass out by 2 AM. Oh yeah, the Parks & Wilson CD is even better when stoned as a bat. :D

Originally posted by vicman

:eek: Holy shit!, I actually have a meeting @ 2 and had to make a phone call...*whew!* I need a break...the day is getting to intense for me.

:zzz:

Damn. Been going for 20 minutes straight! I need a break, too. Gotta go downstairs for a cig. Geez, how do people do work for more than 8 hours a day? I'm spent after 1!

Well, there goes my motivation to work! Just went on to Yoshitoshi.com. Spent the past five minutes staring at the Deep Dish GU cover, debating whether or not I should go down to Yoshi during lunch to pick it up. I finally decided it was something that had to be done. So I'm in for at least a two hour lunch break.

Can I get credit for a full work day based on 'It's the thought that counts'??

yo, Deep Dish are going to be at Yoshitoshi from 7:30 to 10:00 tonight, I got this from them today:

Monday October 29, 2001

7:30PM - 10:00 PM

DEEP DISH

Live at Yoshtioshi, The Shop

Join us as we celebrate the release of Global Underground Moscow with a very special in store appearance by DEEP DISH. They'll be stopping by to sign copies of their new CD and deliver an extended DJ set. Refreshments will be provided, including deep dish pizza for those who stay until the end!

In honor of this event, prices on all items throughout the store will be reduced by 10% from 7:30pm until close.

See you then!

Yoshitoshi, The Shop

3209 M Street, NW

Washington, DC 20007

here's my little review of fri night:

dave ralph - good set. i can't remember the last time i saw him spin, but after about 1.5 hours of pretty hard, driving beats, he laid down some tech-house sounds. actually, it was more like he drove a particular techy sound out for maybe 5 - 10 minutes, driving everyone on the floor into a tense feeling of o-my-god-when-is-it-going-to-end, waiting for the beat to finally come out. dave got pretty techy for the last half-hour or so. then bill deiter came on the decks, and played a decent set, including such favorites as lovely day, muzikizum, pushin' too hard (yes, rico!), chris isaac's wicked game, and even la la land (there's another one for the crazy lyrics thread). then around 4:30 bill got gatecrasher-trancey, and so after sticking around for maybe an additional 15-20 minutes, we left, not wanting to spoil the evening waiting for harder beats.

Originally posted by vicman

Hmmm....anyway overall its the best I've heard Alex Whalen in a very looooooong time, as well as Dave Ralph in anbout 3 or 4 months, the last guy William Dieter was also pretty good until 4:30 or so when he started spinning some older stuff, more trancie type of stuff....

I think someone spiked my drink.

:D

hey vicman, we must've been dancing near each other all night and not known it. you're name isn't victor, is it? i met a guy up dancing up front named victor. i was in front all night, wearing a black tee w/ jeans, i'm korean too. oh, and i was mostly w/ an indian guy wearing a caffeine shirt. didn't wear any shades, this time though.

Yup that was me..you were wearing shades right? And some guy asked you if you could look out for his glow sticks while he went to the john, right? (I washed my hands) :D

It didnt immediately hit me that the CP Madame Millie was the same Millie (as in Mimmie-Vanillie) that was there...Well then, it was very nice to meet you!

Spooky stuff that goes on in CP...by the way there was no stop in you, you were going all night long I tried to keep up but it was impossible :D :D

Mission accomplished. Got me the DD GU. Also somehow managed to buy some vinyl. Wasn't really looking for anything, but I hate leaving Yoshi empty handed.

Doubt if I'm gonna be able to make it to Yoshi tonight for DD's set. So they'll have to sign my boxers (don't wear the tighties) some other time. :( Maybe I can get a 'private autograph session'?? :D :D :D

Originally posted by MadamMillie

no way!!! that's so insane!!! i had totally forgotten about the bathroom thing. :) yup, my bad, i was wearing shades, i had a brain fart.

fri night was loads of fun. i feel like i build up some much bouncing energy during the week and then let it all out on the weekends!:bounce:

Ha, ha...I thought you were referring to your friend as the one not wearing shades :shades: but I remember you were wearing them. I was wearing a white t-shirt that said 'For Good Luck Rub My Tummy' with pair of jeans and some shades also.

I had to go to the john twice :D so I didnt want to take the glowstix with me so I just figured I would ask someone who could make good use of them, if they could take care of them while I was out of commision.

I totally know what your talkin' about, after a week of not dancing you just hafta boggie