Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's time for Shady's semi-regular top ten track list

shadygroovedc

Here are some tracks I'm feelin' these days. Again, in order of moneyness. This will probably be the last list I can do for at least a month, cause I'm taking a little trip to the land down under next week to try to sell some software services to kangaroos and koala bears, and also I'm broke like a $2 watch cause I just spent over $1k on stupid repairs for my car like new brakes and useless shit like that. So that means cutting back on the vinyl shopping. :(

1) Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (Quivver Mix) [White]

Oh, yeah. 'BABE, BABE, BABE... I'M GONNA LEAVE YOU...' It's Led Zeppelin and it's Quivver. I DEFINTELY had to change my drawers when I found this one. Release Records may still have some copies. No idea on full release. But check out the sound bite on release-records.com. Nice, deep rolling bassline with the vocals coming in here and there and then full on in the breakdown.

2) Manticore - Slaves [baroque]

Yeah, it's been out for a while. But I flipped it over to the original mix last week and that's all I've been playing. Forget the hype about the Brancaccio & Aisher Remix. It IS money, but the original is where it's at in my book. Tribally, deep, dark, and slightly techy. With a killer breakdown to boot.

3) Tag feat. Azukx - Arrahant (Lemon 8 Remix) [inversus]

Yeah, this one's almost a month old too. I almost missed out on this one. But picked it up at Yoshi yesterday. And now it's in my top ten.

4) SSHH - Hold That Body [Rhythm Syndicate]

This is the third Rhythm Syndicate record I've bought in the past couple weeks. This song is some tight funk. Cool basslines. Rhythm Syndicate is on fire these days. I'm lookin' out for any tracks from them now.

5) Circulation - Grey (Nathan Larsen's Doric Reply) [Hooj]

I just got this from Hooj. I have no idea whether this tune is new or not. Circulation releases a bunch of color coded tunes. Last one being Turquoise. I'm guessing Grey is the next one. But no original on this one, just this remix. But regardless, this tune is phatty. Deep, hard, tripped out acid type funk.

6) King of Spin - Antioch [silver Planet]

Both mixes are cool. I'm partial to the Part 1 mix. Some bangin' prog. Really cool synth line.

7) Lastmanstanding - Momentum (Karovas Firstmanstanding Mix) [Capital Heaven]

Awesome, awesome bassline. Just kinda rolls right off the platter. This song layers really nicely during a mix cause the bassline comes right in for a really nice effect. Super cool song.

8) Moshic & Landa - Faza [Pitch Black]

Y'all should know this tune. You know, the one with the chick, um, 'enjoying' herself during the breakdown? I have no idea how the rest of the tune is, cause I just keep cueing it up to the breakdown. :D

9) Valtruistics - For Her (Plato Remix) [Avant Garde]

Really hard kick drum intro, then gets a funky groovy bassline all of a sudden. Cool track.

10) Origin - Rage (Brancaccio & Aisher Remix) [Renaissance]

Really cool tune. Nice vocal samples. And one of the funkiest breakdowns I've ever heard.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Here are some tracks I'm feelin' these days. Again, in order of moneyness. This will probably be the last list I can do for at least a month, cause I'm taking a little trip to the land down under next week to try to sell some software services to kangaroos and koala bears, and also I'm broke like a $2 watch cause I just spent over $1k on stupid repairs for my car like new brakes and useless shit like that. So that means cutting back on the vinyl shopping. :(

Shit, I wished I had your job. Get paid top $ for posting on CP and trips to Australia...the most exotic place I've been so far in this dump in f***in' Atlanta :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by vicman

Shit, I wished I had your job. Get paid top $ for posting on CP and trips to Australia...the most exotic place I've been so far in this dump in f***in' Atlanta :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah, they're sending me for ten days, which means I'll have a full weekend there. And my time down there will be split between Sydney and Melbourne :D Oh, yeah, and to top it all off, if the sales go through, I get a nice commission check out of it to boot. :laugh: -Sigh-. I guess my job IS pretty cool after all.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

1) Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (Quivver Mix) [White]

Oh, yeah. 'BABE, BABE, BABE... I'M GONNA LEAVE YOU...' It's Led Zeppelin and it's Quivver. I DEFINTELY had to change my drawers when I found this one. Release Records may still have some copies. No idea on full release. But check out the sound bite on release-records.com. Nice, deep rolling bassline with the vocals coming in here and there and then full on in the breakdown.

If im not mistaken Oakenfold had this track on his cd..but i think it was the perfecto mix...?? but great track

:bounce:

cd

Originally posted by chynado11

2,3 ,4 ,and 5 are def good ones....Lamai-Troubled Soul (praha mix) or danny tenaglia mix is also a good track..check out some tracks by chab as well...ill have to pull some names out for you later..

cd

I always get anything by Chab. I think I'm up to date, but I haven't been looking lately. But if there's a new one from Chab, I'll get it. :D

Originally posted by chynado11

If im not mistaken Oakenfold had this track on his cd..but i think it was the perfecto mix...?? but great track

cd

It's possible Release labelled it wrong. They don't do a very good job labelling their whites. I get shit all the time from them that have nothing on them. Or last month, I got a record that had the letters 'CC' scribbled on one side in magic marker. Took me an hour of playing the tune, and re-streaming the samples from their site to finally figure out what tune it was. :(

But crap, you had to ruin that tune for me by telling me Oakie has it on his CD? Shit. Shit. Shit. Anyone want to buy a slightly used Led Zeppelin remix? :D :D :D