Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC club Recommedations Please read!!!!!!

Hey All,

I'm coming over to NYC in early december for a long weekend. I will be there from thursday to Sunday (inclusive). I would love to go clubbing while i'm over and would have normally gone to twilo (which is obviously now out of the question).

I need to know what other clubs are similar (bearing in mind that I go to ministry of Sound in London and like US house, progressive house, trance...basically anything except garage and drum & bass...oh and Jungle).

I've had a brief look around and I think it's likely to be the friday night we go clubbing and so far i think my options are as follows:

Centro-fly

Tunnel

or Sound factory

Can you let me know what you would recommend (any other clubs???). I'm over 21 and have proper ID so no problems there. Also, i'd prefer a place with an afterhours, afterwork, clubber/raver feel to it......if it exists. Basically i'm looking for something similar to twilo. With good DJ's.

Cheers for your MUCH valued help!!!!

Regards,

MoSClubber:cool:

fuggin brits...you know what you can do?!?do us a really big favor!?!first you're gonna need some ether, duct tape and a big suit case...then use the ether on sir pvd, cover his mouth with duct tape and stuff him in the suitcase...put him on the plane with you...once you land take him directly to vynil...that's what you can do!!!i hope you don't mind helpin us out, do you???

2nd option - lord kleinenberg

3rd - the duke of dark drums - steve lawler

i know these guys may not be brits been they spin there all the time

all the other hot deejays will be visiting the city soon enough

I strongly suggest Vinyl and Sound Factory. I'm not sure if Vinyl is an afterhours club, but I do know that SF is for sure. Take your chances.... Vinyl is very small, but all about the music, SF is huge and is totally about the people and some about the music. Hope you have fun whatever you decide to do.

cheers guys. I think it's going to be Vinyl. I saw tenaglia back in March when he played Home in London and he was as amazing as I had expected him to be.

pvd?????? i've seen him 2wice and the first time I wasn't impressed...then again that was mainly due to the club lacking atmosphere...when I saw him again at Gatecrasher he was cool. The crowd went ape when he dropped "freefall - Skydive" even though it's what...nearly 4 years old!!!!

I'm not the biggest fan but hey..if I see him I'll grab him. he may be a bit bruised and battered after being thrown around in the luggage compartment though. If not you'll have to settle for Sasha since he lives in a real small village about 10 miles from my house...hence i have a greater chance of bumping into him.

Cheers for the advice. If Tenaglia's at Vinyl then i'll know we'll have a good time.

See you there!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :D

what's the door policy for vinyl???

Should you dress as you would for ministry of Sound (i.e if it's not authentic 100% full priced Dolce and gabanna or Gucci ...then f&ck off out the queue)??

Or can you pretty much get away with wearing what you want as long as you're not wearing jeans, sneakers, hooded tops etc??

Also what's the cover charge as i can't seem to find that out. I've checked DT.com and he's definately @ Vinyl that night...vinyl here I come.

let us know when you're commin to this side of the pond...sasha will be just fine...check out dt's new site...me tinks its dtourismworldwide.com???

his party is called be yourself so if you wanna wear boxers with hearts on em and a wife beater t shirt and jump up n down makin goin around the whole club all nite with glow sticks in that spell dt - go right ahead...what ever happened to that guy anyway???