Clubplanet Nightlife Community

An Intense experience that I needed to share with the board.

Hey Lav

I had a similar experience with PKern one night. It was the first time we were going to Vinyl, so of course we couldn't find it...We drove into the city, able to see the lights and smoke from the car as we drove on the LIE. We found our way to the village and parked the car. We wandered around searching for Vinyl. At one point Peg walked onto one of the closed off streets. She turned around and her face dropped. She called me over and as I turned around, I was just speechless. It was just unbelieveable to me. The sight of this massive devastation. And the smell. One can never forget that smell...

I left there humbled. Fortunately, I had already processed, or started processesing, the whole thing, or I would have lost it right there.

I send a big hug out to you. That's what we can do for each other--share love, comfort, and relief...

Oh yeah....thought I'd mention that I was standing around the corner of RM with my g-friend where we both were debating checking out ground zero. She was like pulling me there while I was like na......let's head where we were going. I'm surprised we never ended up down there but I know some time soon I am just gonna have to check it out.....:eek:

This past weekend was a rather busy one for me. I moved. I partied like a mad woman. And had one of the most emotionally intense nights of my life.

On satuday night I was in a car with a bunch of friends on the way to rubber monkey. We approached downtown and realized that the streets down there are completely fucked and many are blocked off. We wound up completely lost. we were trying to get back on the right path and suddenly we were driving directly into ground zero. We all froze and decided we had to get out of the car.

This was the first time I had seen it. I didnt know anyone who died there. we were all speechless. I think it was the first time down there for most of us. It was dark out and the whole area was lit up with flood lights. we were staring at this burned out building and watching the smoke rise, and almost gagging from the smell of fire.

All I can say, is that it was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I have seen some bad shit in my 25 years in this world, but this, by far, was the most horrible, gut wrenching, painful thing I have ever seen. I just stared up at it in absolute disbelief. I had no words.

Eventually, we got back in the car and decided to continue to our original destination. when we got to rubber monkey, there were about a million of our friends there: dancing, laughing, drinking, and having a great time. It was just too much for me. I went into a corner with a few friends and I finally accepted the reality of what has occured. I finally acknowledged the lose of life, the evil, and the unfairness of it all. I cried like a child. I cried so hard I didnt think I would ever be able to stop. I held my friends hands and looked at them and wondered why and how.

I realized at some point that I had to make myself stop crying or I never would. I looked at my friends and then I closed my eyes and I told myself ' I'm alive. I'm here. I'm with friends, and there's music' I got up and I went to the dance floor and looked around at all the boucing smiles and I closed my eyes again and I danced as hard as I could, until it was finally lifted by the music and the movement..

There is now, so much love and compassion in my heart. more than I ever thought I would have.

It was the worst thing I have ever seen. And yet I dont have any regrets about seeing it.

I love you all. especially those who were with me that night.

PEACE

Shannon