Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hip Hop

princesslolita

I have strayed away from hip hop in the last year or so. Every so often i find myself really in the mood to listen to it, however.

I am a little more picky now when it comes to the rap i listen to. I appreciate a song that makes sense, and lyrics that flow nicely .

I'm not into that obnoxious sounding dirty south crap.

Seriously, hip hop is nothing what it used to be. Past like year and a half. Every now and then a good song comes out still. But it's nothing like it used to be. Beats are getting corny, lyrics are getting played out. I think that's how Eminem was and is so successful cause he doesn't talk about the same shit other rappers talk about.

Originally posted by sextacy911

hip hop has been fading away the last couple years...

. . . Fading away? . . . Hip Hop died when they put the last nail in Tupac Sakur's coffin. . I mean think about it, when he (and to a lesser extent biggie . .) got shot, hip hop had it's symbolic death due to senseless violence brought on by sensless reasons . . At that moment there was a PERFECT opportunity for the more intelligent rap groups of the bunch (Tribe, De La, the Pharcyde etc . .) to dominate with a message of peace, discipline and prosperity that would uplift not only the black community but all of the white's too . .

. . What do we get instead? Puff Daddy and his BastardBaby family rapping (if you can call it that . .) about thier Bentley's and their "G's". . . .

. . This is the epitome of african american music and expression? . . I think not . . .

o and lolitta, new non phixion will FINALLY be released in either jan/feb. you can check their site at nonphixion.com for the info. (its got some dope ass unreleased ill bill freestyles and the 14 yeras of rap video with the arsonists on it). kinda cool i actually have people to talk to about hip hop on this board (and who dont consider eminem underground :rolleyes:)

I am not feeling any of the rap that is out right now. I don't know what the fuck happened to rap, but there are so many artists being signed that have no flava.

The last album I actually felt was Slick Rick's "The Art of Storytelling."

The only rap I ever really listen to is EPMD, Slick Rick, Kool G. Rap and Dj Polo, Big Daddy Kane (and the rest of the old juice crew), Biz Mark, Camp Lo (Which was very good...for some reason it wasn't really appreciated. I loved the "Uptown Saturday night" album), MC Lyte, some old Audio Two tapes, Jeru The Damaja (only the first album), Guru (one of the few who still manage to rock it), old Eric B. and Rakim, Craig G., some older Das Efx, Tribe, Beatnutz, and some Roots.

I don't know what happened to rap nowadays, but too much bullshit; nothing is the same: the majority of the beats are just shit, what the rappers rap about is bullshit, and it is very difficult to take these newer rappers seriously as artists.

I haven't listened to rap in about 2 years. Haven't been feeling it at all. Last night I was very disturbed when these 2 hoodlums came into the gym and put in a mix tape and it wasnt DJ Clue, but I swear to god, if I heard this guy talk over a song one more time I was goin to stop the radio and tear the tape out and smash it. There was a Nas version of the Sopranos theme song. Terrible. And blasting shit like this when a bunch of older people are there, like women in there late 30's and older guys working out, and just walking into the gym and turning off some classic rock to blast your rap shit is just disrespectfull. Sorry cheap vent there.:blown:

get off at west 4th subway stop. walk one or two blocks north on 6th ave. It'll be on the right hand side...sorry dude, I don't have the exact address, but I remember it being on the second floor. It has a great selection of hip hop vinyl. Ask around the area...it's a pretty popular store.