Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CNN staffers get instruction to blame Taliban

sassa

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by homersimpson

It still amazes me that people all over the world are so quick to blame their problems on America but when atrocities are going on in their own backyard they turn a blind eye. They'd rather burn American flags than actually look in the mirror. Many newspapers in the Middle East are still blaming Sep 11 on the Israelis and lionizing Osama as some kind of Islamic Che Guevara. How's that for bias?

U.S.A. #1 and forever

i couldn't have said it better. Bin Laden and the Taliban have launched numerous propagandist, and highly biased, wires, and telvised conferences. Although I do regret the loss of civilian life anywhere, I'd rather it be a loss of life there where they burn American flags and dance in the street when they found out that 5,000 + innocent Americans had been killediby an act of terrorism. USA BABAY!!!

Originally posted by bxbomb

Spragga u will never get anything but leftwing, treehuggin rhetoric from Ms Defender of all Arabs. BOOOHOOOHooo CNN is telling us all that oasama is a bad man

Do you even read anyone else's posts, or do you just look at who wrote them and attack anyone you don't like? The point here is not that CNN is telling us thhat Osama is a 'bad man,' it's what cnn ISN'T telling us: mainly the massive civilian casualties. Christ, get your head out of your ass...

Originally posted by roadrunner

Do you even read anyone else's posts, or do you just look at who wrote them and attack anyone you don't like? The point here is not that CNN is telling us thhat Osama is a 'bad man,' it's what cnn ISN'T telling us: mainly the massive civilian casualties. Christ, get your head out of your ass...

Ever heard of collateral damage? That's what happend to us when they killed 5000+ innocent civilians...

Originally posted by spragga25

Ever heard of collateral damage? That's what happend to us when they killed 5000+ innocent civilians...

EXACTLY!! Now CNN and pretty much all the world's media covered that "collateral damage" exhaustively...now why don't we see the same with regards to the civilians over in Afghanistan?

I agree with Sassa - its a game of politics and we know maybe about 20% of whats really going on!

Originally posted by raver_mania

EXACTLY!! Now CNN and pretty much all the world's media covered that "collateral damage" exhaustively...now why don't we see the same with regards to the civilians over in Afghanistan?

I agree with Sassa - its a game of politics and we know maybe about 20% of whats really going on!

Can't believe that...one of two things is happening over there:

1.) The Taliban or the "powers that be" over isn't giving the media access to the areas...it's a news story, so they would be reporting it if that was the case - RATINGS!!

2.) The is very little, if any collateral damage going on over there - which says the millitary is doing a great job with the sorties.

Unless Sassa has her own camera crew and reporters to tell me otherwise - I'm sticking to that!

Memo's like this to the employee's of any company that need to interact with viewers/readers are normal. They are just stressing what they would like conveyed. It could be seen as biased, but since I have no doubt that the Taliban is the cause of the problems I do not see a problem. Its like sending out a memo reminding the employees to mention that its daylight savings time and to set the clock back. Are they biasing anyone? NO. It's simply a fact they want to convey. Well thats my 2 cents.

What distresses me about these posts is that the WTC attack's victims repeatedly get brought up. Fucking hell,I know how many people died!I lost a friend in the attack! NO ONE can accuse me of not feeling sympathy for the poor innocent people that died. BUT,what no one seems to see is the thousands of innocents who are dying across the world. God forbid that anyone should give a shit about them, is that the case?Death is death,anyone that has to die for no reason is someone we should all pray for and remember. What about all those poor Afghani people who hate the Taliban but can't do anything about it because they don't have AK-47's or any type of defense weapon because they are being extremely suppressed?What about them?Their deaths aren't worth the same as the ones who died in WTC and the Pentagon???? Fucking hyppocrites!

I don't know why I bother...I keep hoping that a few open minded,enlightened people can see my point. But I guess that's like telling comatose people to talk.

Originally posted by bxbomb

Spragga u will never get anything but leftwing, treehuggin rhetoric from Ms Defender of all Arabs. BOOOHOOOHooo CNN is telling us all that oasama is a bad man

Your post clearly shows what a racist,bigoted person you are.Left-wing, treehugging rhetoric? What a shame.

Can't believe that...one of two things is happening over there:

1.) The Taliban or the "powers that be" over isn't giving the media access to the areas...it's a news story, so they would be reporting it if that was the case - RATINGS!!

2.) The is very little, if any collateral damage going on over there - which says the millitary is doing a great job with the sorties.

Unless Sassa has her own camera crew and reporters to tell me otherwise - I'm sticking to that!

Sorry Spragga, but let me interject for a moment...

Someone posted this on a rave mailing list a couple of days ago. Let me say first that this is an old article, but i do think that it has relevance in light of what you've said.

Just something to read.

http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/1991/may91/may91walker.html

Originally posted by sassa

What distresses me about these posts is that the WTC attack's victims repeatedly get brought up. Fucking hell,I know how many people died!I lost a friend in the attack! NO ONE can accuse me of not feeling sympathy for the poor innocent people that died. BUT,what no one seems to see is the thousands of innocents who are dying across the world. God forbid that anyone should give a shit about them, is that the case?Death is death,anyone that has to die for no reason is someone we should all pray for and remember. What about all those poor Afghani people who hate the Taliban but can't do anything about it because they don't have AK-47's or any type of defense weapon because they are being extremely suppressed?What about them?Their deaths aren't worth the same as the ones who died in WTC and the Pentagon???? Fucking hyppocrites!

I don't know why I bother...I keep hoping that a few open minded,enlightened people can see my point. But I guess that's like telling comatose people to talk.

First off - great article Xpander - it is impossible to account for how much collateral damage there was during the Gulf War and it could be a number that is very high...or very low. We will problaby never know.

As to Sassa - not ONE time did the ragga use a "four letter word" or try to slander you when a remark was made- but you do this to me. Why? Because I state a few facts? I am in AMERICA and I care about my fellow AMERICANS - so much so that I myself would go to war and die for the freedom this country offers. I also respect what you and others have to say - another freedom that is given to ALL of us! You ask for people not to slander you, but you do the same...knock, knock - anyone home?? I'm here for an open, thoughtful and insighting conversation - something which you obivously lack. Next time, don't call anyone names, but come out with facts - like my buddy Xpander.

Thank you & God Bless America!

First off - great article Xpander - it is impossible to account for how much collateral damage there was during the Gulf War and it could be a number that is very high...or very low. We will problaby never know.

As to Sassa - not ONE time did the ragga use a "four letter word" or try to slander you when a remark was made- but you do this to me. Why? Because I state a few facts? I am in AMERICA and I care about my fellow AMERICANS - so much so that I myself would go to war and die for the freedom this country offers. I also respect what you and others have to say - another freedom that is given to ALL of us! You ask for people not to slander you, but you do the same...knock, knock - anyone home?? I'm here for an open, thoughtful and insighting conversation - something which you obivously lack. Next time, don't call anyone names, but come out with facts - like my buddy Xpander.

Thank you & God Bless America!

Excuse me??!?!First of all, I wasn't even talking to you. Second, I have put fact after fact in here and I've only gotten a lot of shit for it. Even if I did, I'd still be counterargued and insulted. Can you deny that?I let my temper get the better of me, that is my problem. I hate when people talk shit, perhaps you are right. Maybe I shouldn't sink to their level. But I don't know what kind of language to use to get things across. Guess there's no point anyways...God, why do I even try.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

sorry sassa, but i can't agree with you on this one

in a war like this accidents will happen

and the taliban are to blame for this mess

media bias is also hard to control

but dont worry, i'm not turning into a blind republican

and igloo....stop the drama please...before we rise up and knock you off your high horse

Just when I thought I was removing you from the clubplanet imbecile list, you once again justified your rightful claim to be part of that mentally challenged club....

You see- Sassa once again launched the first statement...I simply responded.....scary that need to be explained to you, but I will go slow if it helps you...

Also, one should not minimize this as drama either- I think this reality is a little bit more important than "drama"...idiot..

please do not post anymore...you make my eyes bleed with your moronic nature

Such anger - smoke a fatty and just chill - we all can be mature adults in here....

Except when it comes to sex cause the ragga is one horny little FREAK!!

:)

The ragga has acheived "WOOD" !!

classic........

Originally posted by igloo

Just when I thought I was removing you from the clubplanet imbecile list, you once again justified your rightful claim to be part of that mentally challenged club....

You see- Sassa once again launched the first statement...I simply responded.....scary that need to be explained to you, but I will go slow if it helps you...

Also, one should not minimize this as drama either- I think this reality is a little bit more important than "drama"...idiot..

And your lame, unnecessary,moronic, immature, idiotic point would be......?

But I don't know what kind of language to use to get things across. Guess there's no point anyways...God, why do I even try.

Since you are on such a higher intellectual level than all, and you somehow have access to information and insight that only others can wish for...

Answer this, and I am serious...Help me understand what is your point to all your anti-American posts?

Because quite frankly, all you do is continually stress that America is to blame for the worlds ills, and that somehow, in this specific crisis, America is once again to blame, and that the citizens of the US are continually being "duped" by the Govt. Is this what you seriously believe?

So I ask you seriously- what are you trying to accomplish with your posts?....education for peeps here?....it makes you feel secure in a twisted way by taking up a minority position cause you think a minority opinion gives the impression you know something most do not?.....it bothers you that the most people in this country believe in what is currently being done?

I really want to know your underlying reason and thought process behind what has become in essense your own little anti-American propoganda machine on this messageboard..

Also, since all you do is harp on what is wrong with the US, and the US is such an evil empire, why do you still live here?....and I ask that seriously.....I think your statements go beyond just exercising your freedom of speech, in that you have an extremely harsh assessment of the US. And based on that, I am baffled why you live here. It would seem hypocritical by nature.

I am serious in my questions- no b.s....

Also, since you offer such harsh assessments of US policies, US govt, and pro-US opinions on this board, what are your suggestions for:

1) the current crisis

2) US Middle East policy

3) media coverage

4) the business of war (you do understand what that is right?)

You do seem to just bash everything without offering resolution thoughts, so I was curious to what your suggestions are.

Also, you mentioned that it irks you that peeps keep bringing up 9/11 to you...

Well, it would seem that you have somehow discounted the fact that thousands of innocent lives were lost in a horrific way. And you also have shown zero compassion, which is mind-boggling since you claim to have lost a friend.

I look forward to your comments

Since you are on such a higher intellectual level than all, and you somehow have access to information and insight that only others can wish for...

Answer this, and I am serious...Help me understand what is your point to all your anti-American posts?

Because quite frankly, all you do is continually stress that America is to blame for the worlds ills, and that somehow, in this specific crisis, America is once again to blame, and that the citizens of the US are continually being "duped" by the Govt. Is this what you seriously believe?

So I ask you seriously- what are you trying to accomplish with your posts?....education for peeps here?....it makes you feel secure in a twisted way by taking up a minority position cause you think a minority opinion gives the impression you know something most do not?.....it bothers you that the most people in this country believe in what is currently being done?

I really want to know your underlying reason and thought process behind what has become in essense your own little anti-American propoganda machine on this messageboard..

Also, since all you do is harp on what is wrong with the US, and the US is such an evil empire, why do you still live here?....and I ask that seriously.....I think your statements go beyond just exercising your freedom of speech, in that you have an extremely harsh assessment of the US. And based on that, I am baffled why you live here. It would seem hypocritical by nature.

I am serious in my questions- no b.s....

Also, since you offer such harsh assessments of US policies, US govt, and pro-US opinions on this board, what are your suggestions for:

1) the current crisis

2) US Middle East policy

3) media coverage

4) the business of war (you do understand what that is right?)

You do seem to just bash everything without offering resolution thoughts, so I was curious to what your suggestions are.

Also, you mentioned that it irks you that peeps keep bringing up 9/11 to you...

Well, it would seem that you have somehow discounted the fact that thousands of innocent lives were lost in a horrific way. And you also have shown zero compassion, which is mind-boggling since you claim to have lost a friend.

I look forward to your comments

OH PLEASE!!!You don't know anything about me.Even if I do write anything, all you're doing to do is bash me and call me names.I've heard nothing but bullshit from you!I will not go into this anymore. Get a life, please.

ahh sassa, as much as i think that igloo is a Pat Buchanan jr, i do think he has a point in that last reply. please state some possible solutions besides the perpetual critisism. critisism is only healthy up to a certain point, before it becomes a malady. 3 things.

1. please stop with the name calling, before you type a reply, curse out every word in the book and then put your thoughts here. its looking as ugly as the last similar thread

2. BUT,what no one seems to see is the thousands of innocents who are dying across the world. God forbid that anyone should give a shit about them, is that the case?Death is death,anyone that has to die for no reason is someone we should all pray for and remember i dont know what you are trying to achieve sassa, maybe you think that you are righteous and more enlightened than the rest of us, but answer me, when there are catastrophes in US, when people die in explosions, gunfights, pitfalls and hurricanes, how many nations can you name, that show compassion and sorrow for the loss of american lives. name me one. one. cant do it can you. how can you tell us here that we dont value human life, when we spend more than any other nation on earth on foreign aid and development. we could have been like japan and used the money to stuff our wallets further, but here you sit and rant about our warmongering ways, when we just removed that cancer of taliban, and have delivered over a million packets of food, saving thousands of afghan lives. again, name me one arab country that does any of that. name me one. the energy you spend on america's ills, could be better wasted at people like the sultan of bahrain and the saudi ruling family, the real problem with the middle east.

3. i hope you realize before debating your position again, that when you hear anti american and anti western rhetoric, just consider this. maybe the reason arab countries are poor and unstable is due to these things a. their governments are fundamentally corrupt and inefficient theocracies and despotisms b. the west and US are maybe just maybe used as scapegoats to throw off the failures of arab governments? c. the reason arab countries are behind development is due to the fact that their industrial and educational infrastructure is Cold War-era old, and there are no signinficant foreign investments due to the instability created by religious malcontent?

no investment = no money = poor = angry = angry at america because they cant get foreign investment = instability = no investment. something to think about

ps. when you said that being called a republican was an insult to you? why did you say that? do you think the republicans are bad people?

ciao -mike

E Pluribus Unum.

Do you see the contradictions in what you are saying, You say that thousand of people are dying because the Taliban is Oppressing them. Well the US is fighting the taliban with the Northern Alliance to help remove the oppresive taliban. How do you see us not caring about those deaths, we are fighting towards the same goal. As you said they dont have AK-47's because they are oppressed, you insinuate that they would fight if they could. Well we are fighting for them then.

And what do you expect to happen when you post something relating to the WTC attacks? Us NOT to bring up some 5000+ victims? I think not. If you are going to post things like this, tossing around insults and calling us 'fucking hyppocrites' at least get your shit straight and stop contradicting yourself.

Originally posted by milamber3

Do you see the contradictions in what you are saying, You say that thousand of people are dying because the Taliban is Oppressing them. Well the US is fighting the taliban with the Northern Alliance to help remove the oppresive taliban. How do you see us not caring about those deaths, we are fighting towards the same goal. As you said they dont have AK-47's because they are oppressed, you insinuate that they would fight if they could. Well we are fighting for them then.

And what do you expect to happen when you post something relating to the WTC attacks? Us NOT to bring up some 5000+ victims? I think not. If you are going to post things like this, tossing around insults and calling us 'fucking hyppocrites' at least get your shit straight and stop contradicting yourself.

I will answer you soon,Igloo.Not to worry, as for you. I wasn't referring to you and up until now I didn't even know you existed. So chill out and buzz off. Pick a fight with someone who gives a damn.

i feel so honored:rolleyes:

and no, your request is denied my dear igloo, in fact the fact that you go through pain when i post only makes me want to post some more

:flame:

Pat Buchanan Jr????.....Been called many things but not that...if my comments resemble too closely to the far right, it is simply by design to retort Mullah Sassa (that name was Buchanan like!)...

Sassa...your lack of an initial, intelligent response to my questions speaks for itself.....why do we need to wait for a response

i think the problem lies in the arab mentality that the west wants to destroy islam and take over mid east. you hear it in every arab media outlet. what a load of shit, and we are the ones to blame according to sasa. im not saying we are angels, we did do some nasty CIA and NSA shit you will never find out about, but 90% of the arguments against US are void. arabs are responsible for their own demise, instead of joining in the globalized economy and industrialization, they sit and wail, and expect the west to provide everything. the only hope i see in that region is King Abdullah of Jordan, a man who is taking his country in the right direction of modernization. how can any nation in that region compete, when their production capacity is non existent, the religious clerics control the government and the people are highly uneducated in modern technology? duh! no wonder they are destitute and shaky. the same story was with thailand, taiwan, korea, china, romania, ireland and many other countries that after the Cold War were left without strategic importance and aid. did they blame US for all their ills? no, they invested, consolidated their industrial and commercial infrastructure, focused on foreign investment by creating financial incentives and focusing on education and modernization in order to be able to compete. capitalism although not perfect, is wonderful, look at these countries and look at their annual GDP and growth rate and you will see why it works and muslim fundamentalism doesnt.

ps - sassa, dont try to trivialise the WTC deaths please, thats vile and repulsive.