Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sacramento Polly's

Hey All,

First off I'm new to these boards so just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm a 24 year old guy living in Sacramento CA. I goto the Polly's here weekly, usually Thursday and Friday. Just wanted to see if anyone else who goes uses these boards. Let me know...

Hey Zeonstar,

Nice to hear from you. Lately, I've been trying to get my butt out to the Sacramento one and was trying to decide which night to go. It is so hard for me to tear myself away from the SF one on Saturday nights so can you tell me how Fridays are and how the clubs is in general? I should would appreciate any of your insight.

Also, the address isn't updated on this website so I am not sure as to where it is.

Thanks

Hey again,

Thanks for the reply. Let me see if I can help you out. You have to keep in mind though I am in fact not a clubber, I don't goto a whole mess of them, Pollys is the only one I goto. I first started to go once after I got out of a relationship to try and meet someone new, then I got addicted and just kept going. Now I know half the people who work there so I keep going to visit with them after work.

I work till 11:30 Tues - Sat so I usually go after work. My favorite nights to go are Thursdays and Fridays. Thursdays only half the club is open, there isn't enough people to have Pollys and the Culture Club open so only the CC is open. I was there last night and it was pretty packed for a Thursdays. Fridays are pretty good in my opinion. That is my favorite night to go. My DJ friend works the 80s section and I always enjoy what he plays. The place is packed good on Fridays but not so bad you can barely move, which is how it is on Saturdays. (I don't like it THAT packed.)

The club in general I say is cool but then again like I said it's my only club. I don't know how it would compare to the SF one.

I do not know the address but if you know Sacramento I could give you directions. The number is 916-922-1975.

I hope I helped you. Write again if you need anything? Just wondering, are you M or F? If you wanted a partner to go, I'd be up for it. With how late I get off work, I usually go alone. But often I meet up with people I know there so it's cool.

Thanks so much for the info. I too am not really a clubber either. Polly's is my one and only favorite place. I know I will like the music and the atmosphere. My best friend and I go to dance because we love to dance so much. We also partake in other types of dancing so we also use the dancefloor to practice. I am pretty familiar with most of the people that work in the SF one also, at least by face so it is a nice familiar place for me to go to, even solo. Sounds like Friday would be a good day because like I said Saturday is SF Polly night, no matter what. I know the holidays are around but we are thinking of the night of the 23rd. Let me know if you'll be around, I'm not too familiar with the Sacramento area but I do live around Natomas (if that means anything to you).

Fairie,

I'm very glad I could help you. Sounds like we like Pollys for the same reason. I'm kind of shy about dancing, I haven't been doing this club thing for long but one of the reasons I like Pollys is because I know the music so well and that helps me to want to dance.

You may be there nexy Friday the 23? I'm sure I will be too. I always like Fridays. Like I said my DJ friend Rick works that night. I think he will be doing the 70s room that night. I prefer him in the 80s room but they all got to rotate. :)

I'm a little confused. Do you actually live in Sac? You said you live in Natomas but I thought you were in the Bay Area? I should hope Natomas means something to me, I live there! I live on off 80 on Norwood. If you do live here, you really drive all the way to SF weekly? Wow. I'm from the Bay Area. Born in Hayward, and lived in Fremont 3/4 of my life.

Well break almost over, I'll check back in a few hours. :-)