Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For you wrestling fans of the 1980's

Who do you think was the better tag team?

The Legion of Doom, the Powers of Pain, or Demolition?

I always thought the Powers of Pain far surpassed LOD in strength, agility, and moves. They were a tag team that often battled with Road Warriors/LOD in NWA and WWF, and the wars they had were brutal. Powers of Pain were a tag team that was unstoppable, and when they came to WWF they had a similar run at first, but then Vince McMahon shit all over them. They had the potential to be far greater than LOD.

Something about the Powers of Pain always interested me; their entrance to the ring and the animosity they brought into it. They were two awesomely powerful individuals who would literally walk through some of the toughest wrestlers; as a team, they were deadly. When they were split up and went on their own, I still felt each of them as individuals, but they weren't as succesful. Even their names were fucking sick: The Barbarian and The Warlord.

Legion of Doom was a good tag team as well, but they didn't have the vicious look of Powers of Pain. They weren't as impressive in the ring, in my opinion; I strongly believe that their personality and appeal had alot to do with their success. They were more popular, and the crowd seemed to take a liking to them.

Demolition deserves respect, for they are true veterans as well. But they didn't look as impressive as Powers of Pain. They had the attitude and destructive personalities to truly earn them their name. The original Axe and Smash Demolition was a great team, but I respect the Powers of Pain more. When Demolition brought in Crush, I stopped taking an interest in them.

When it comes down to raw power and wrestling tactics, I have to give it to the Powers of Pain. They had a strong "Walk into the ring, destroy, and walk out" type of personality. Other than that, there wasn't really much to their personalities (which most likely had alot to do with their failure). It was a shame to see that tag team get broken up.

Originally posted by spragga25

LOD - without a doubt!

They were one of the most devestating tag-teams ever...and all those other teams were knock-offs...but they had their strenghts as well!

LOD LOD.....they were some sick fawks...but i also liked shawn michaels and marty genety...they did some sick moves in the ring

Honestly, I don't even remember the Powers of Pain. My fav was always Demolition. Axe and Smash were the originators of that 'painted face-bring the havoc' style. Plus their theme song was fuckin sick as well as their outfits. LOD just glued some rubber spikes to some shoulder pads. But when Demolition walked to the ring, they truly looked like Apocalyptic warriors straight outta Mad Max. Granted, they weren't the biggest guys or in the best shape, but I felt that they still had a heavier persona about them. I actually saw them wrestle live when they first brought Crush onboard. It was before Crush had been introduced on the tv shows yet, so I was like 'who the fuck is this guy?'. Then the following Saturday he made his debut on tv and I was like 'yo, that's that dude we saw'. So anyway, Demolition gets my vote.

in Wrestlemania VII's opening match, the Rockers defeated the two massive individuals known as Powers of Pain.....does that make the Rockers a better team? Not necessarily.....HBK was a lot better on his own anyways.....My vote will have to go towards Legion of Doom