Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fate...do you belive in it?

xtotaleclipsex

I've been thinking about this too much over this past weekend...just wanted to see ur opinions...

This past Friday as I was coming back from dinner in the city with the girls...I had just gotten on the train and all of the sudden someone hits me from one of the seats...I turn around and it is a guy I knew from HS and hadn't seen him in months...he doesn't even live anywhere near here...just happened to be visiting a friend, turned his head at the right moment, went into the city the same night and took the same exact train back.

Well ths kid is really amazing...and I had always had an interest in him but circumstances never let anything happen...so any way...I told him to visit me..and we ended up hanging out the night of the meteor shower. We talked all night and slept cuddled together that night. But you know what...what were the chances of us running into each other like that? Of all the nights and of all the places...what are the chances?

sigh...

:)

I'm just thinking...is it fate that brings people together or just common everyday coincidence?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a firm believer in Fate... I think everything happens for a reason... whether good bad or indifferent... Its supposed to happen to you... Everything is already written in the play off life...

Now follow me here... (keep in mind its late)

the destination is the same regardless of what road traveled... like picture a map lets say youre traveling to L.A. in Cali from NYC... theres several different paths to take... the paths are already there and incidents along them are predestiend... Now it doesnt matter what roads you take or how long it takes for you to get there bottom line is fate took you there...

Like Everyday choices, ppl you meet, friends you make, enemies you make, loved ones you loved all play an important role in your journey however you may not notice or realise till you get to the end of the road...

Maybe the kid from H.S you saw again is Mr.Right? maybe one of his friends are? maybe hell hook you up with a job down the road that you really wanted, maybe his cousin will?, Maybe he just popped into your life to teach you a valuable lesson or add to your life experience. who knows but youll find out down the road...

blah blah blah..

<Abridged Version For ADD Sufferers>YES! I believe in Fate...

I totally disbelieve in fate, or any kind of pre-determined future. I think coincidence brings us together. I also think they when a good coincidence like that happens u should jump at the chance.

If there was a 'fate', would anything really matter. If you sat at home all day, everything that was going to happen to you would happen the same as if you went out because fate wouldn't let you do anything that wasnt 'planned out'. Think about it, if everything was predetermined our choices wouldn't even matter because they wouldn't really be choices. How can u have a choice when fate has already picked for u? I can't even express what I want to say properly so if I make no sense, just ignore me. ;)

Is this your opinion now or your friends with the philosophy major??? ;) j/k (regarding our convo on the nyboard)

Keep in mind im using the word YOU in a genaral term and not implying anyone in particular...

lets say "YOU" choose to stay home and let fate take its course... guess what then it was predestined for you to be a loser, and obviously then your parents are losers (differential reproductive success) and the ppl you associate with are losers for not helping you, and letting you waste your life away (natural selection)... then your fate would be to die off and not affect any of us... survial of the fittest (Darwin) bebe... those that cant keep up die off...

However i see what point youre getting at, & your rebuttal / comment is always the same rebuttal / comment said whenever a fate discussion comes about... IMO fate doesnt have to be a positive entity... it keep work in a negative manner however most ppl look on the postive side...

some ppls fate is die young, some ppl to become rich then poor, some ppl to love and lose... some ppl something else.. noone is guaranteeing you a happy go lucky future and noone is saying htat fate is always going to bail you out.. but what is said that everything happends for reason... how can there be random choas in our pattern of life? its impossible to even think that, even within chaos theres order... Its the law of chaotic dynamics... (Tsonis, A. Chaos: from Theory to Applications, James Gleick: Chaos: Making a New Science)

You say that "our choices wouldnt even matter" however reason why we're making these choices is due to fate... and the reason why we chose what we chose.. .because we were supposed to choose... Fate doesnt pick for you, life gives you the option of picking, and fate gives you the outcome...

How about ppl that were born with gifts and talents that far exceed ours? thats fate there future was predestined...What about you coming on this board to have this discussion with me maybe thats fate? maybe the reason why i m here is cause of fate.. maybe the reason why i came out a boy is fate, maybe why my friends are who they are is cause of fate... what have you... However you might say these are just coincedences correct?

Since you claim youre an Aethist, I totally didnt expect you to believe in fate anyway, since fate is based on a part of a Religion... Greek & Roman Mythology. The three Goddesses, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, who control human destiny. so being that you dont believe in GOD or GODS then how can you believe in fate...

(and thats cool with me b, you can have your opinion and Im not trying to sway you in any way, Im just speaking my mind...)

And more importantly I highly doubt T.E. wanted this thread to get this deep... I think she just wanted to know whats up with her meeting her friend/potential boyfriend...

:D :D :D :D

I'm a believer..........

I met my ex @ Twilo a couple years ago. I had been checking him out and even went over to make my move when I was hit with a wave of pill peak so I headed to the br to calm down a bit. On the way back I ran into a pyscho ex so I ran in a rollin mess to look for my best guy friend for some support and body gaurdin...I finally find him talkin to my hunny!!! COINCIDENCE??? Anyway, we totally hit it off and dated on and off for a couple years...Anytime we broke up, for whatever the mutiple reasons...whenever we got back together it was as if our love had grown stronger. Even though we're not together at this point...I'm confident that it will all work out for the best..."If it is meant to be, than it'll happen..."

Sometimes yes, sometimes no...

I would like to say no, but then I believe in things like Astrology. My Mom went to an astrologer about a year ago, and he did a mini-reading based on my chart. It was like the guy was my best friend and I had known him all my life, the way he was talking about me. She actually bought me a reading too, but I haven't gone yet.

So... I guess I believe in fate. However, it irks me when people say things like "everything happens for a reason." What if it's a bad reason!?

Originally posted by tastyt

So... I guess I believe in fate. However, it irks me when people say things like "everything happens for a reason." What if it's a bad reason!?

KARMA...

and whos to say everything thats supposed to happend is supposed to be good? this isnt a movie, this isnt a play, this isnt a nancy drew novel... Nobody guarnteed or guarantees us a happy ending... This is life, and its a series of good and bad shit happening and from these events, you turn into the person youre supposed to be, and arrive to the destination youre supposed to be at...

Originally posted by dgmodel

KARMA...

and whos to say everything thats supposed to happend is supposed to be good? this isnt a movie, this isnt a play, this isnt a nancy drew novel... Nobody guarnteed or guarantees us a happy ending... This is life, and its a series of good and bad shit happening and from these events, you turn into the person youre supposed to be, and arrive to the destination youre supposed to be at...

True, but so many times when people use that saying, it's some kind of a justification why a bad thing happened...

Like say someone could say oh, The events of 9/11 happened for a reason... we'll say it's so the US could go into Afghanistan and free its citizens from the rule of the Taliban. I'm just using this as an extreme example. Something like that would cheapen the pain felt by those of us here over what happened... it's like saying get over it, it happened for a reason... Like when someone dies of a terminal illness and people say "well they're better off now."

all valid points...

its also like ppl who say thats good luck when you step in a pile of shit, or if a bird shots on your cheek... Some ppl just say anything to hear themselves speak, who knows what the real answer is, but somewhere down the road we'll find out...

And more importantly I highly doubt T.E. wanted this thread to get this deep... I think she just wanted to know whats up with her meeting her friend/potential boyfriend...

No actually I'm loving this...hehe

The conversation I had with "the guy" was almost exactly like this. He mentioned how strange it was that we ran into each other and what were the chances of that happeneing and if there was some kind of message We started talking about philosophical ideas and psychology...and how it's said events should not be read into any deeper than what they are because they are only a true coincidence. Uh I can't even explain how deep that convo went...

Don't even get me started with the soulmate topic hehe...

Originally posted by tastyt

"well they're better off now."

Don't people say this reffering to the fact that their loved one is no longer suffering from the pain of the dissease?

Like religion, saying everything happens for a reason is a way to deal with tragedy....as humans we are powerless of our "fate" we cannot control when we are going to die..the events that happen everyday...and even things like 9/11.

Originally posted by xtotaleclipsex

Don't people say this reffering to the fact that their loved one is no longer suffering from the pain of the dissease?

Like religion, saying everything happens for a reason is a way to deal with tragedy....as humans we are powerless of our "fate" we cannot control when we are going to die..the events that happen everyday...and even things like 9/11.

That's exactly why they say it, but I think it's horrible and would never even think of saying that to anyone... it's a bullshit way to help someone deal with their pain, really heartless. It's a euphamism for "They're better off dead anyway..." I know people saying it trying to be kind, but it's really an awful sentiment.

Originally posted by milamber3

I totally disbelieve in fate, or any kind of pre-determined future. I think coincidence brings us together. I also think they when a good coincidence like that happens u should jump at the chance.

If there was a 'fate', would anything really matter. If you sat at home all day, everything that was going to happen to you would happen the same as if you went out because fate wouldn't let you do anything that wasnt 'planned out'. Think about it, if everything was predetermined our choices wouldn't even matter because they wouldn't really be choices. How can u have a choice when fate has already picked for u? I can't even express what I want to say properly so if I make no sense, just ignore me. ;)

thats exactly how i feel...

• 2 years later...

Im a firm believer in Fate... I think everything happens for a reason... whether good bad or indifferent... Its supposed to happen to you... Everything is already written in the play off life...

Now follow me here... (keep in mind its late)

the destination is the same regardless of what road traveled... like picture a map lets say youre traveling to L.A. in Cali from NYC... theres several different paths to take... the paths are already there and incidents along them are predestiend... Now it doesnt matter what roads you take or how long it takes for you to get there bottom line is fate took you there...

Like Everyday choices, ppl you meet, friends you make, enemies you make, loved ones you loved all play an important role in your journey however you may not notice or realise till you get to the end of the road...

Maybe the kid from H.S you saw again is Mr.Right? maybe one of his friends are? maybe hell hook you up with a job down the road that you really wanted, maybe his cousin will?, Maybe he just popped into your life to teach you a valuable lesson or add to your life experience. who knows but youll find out down the road...

blah blah blah..

<Abridged Version For ADD Sufferers>YES! I believe in Fate...

Thanks....:aright: I didn't wanna read the whole thing