Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbers Vs. Ravers

fjw212

Ok, like I am sure this topic has been discussed a billion times,

But I have only lived in NYC for about 2 years, and I am new to the list...(Originally From Detroit)....I am a raver, in my mid 20's, I have been in the music scene for a long time, and I have noticed in NYC there is quite a bit of tension between clubbers and ravers? why?

I was at Vinyl last friday (Bangin' set by the way), when a girl started dancing with me. Next thing i hear is the guy she was with yelling at her for dancing with a "dirty, smelly raver". I am in no way dirty or smelly, and by his abuse of the english language, I am quite sure I have a better education than him (U of Mich 00').....why the animosity?

Since I tend to dig hard and euro trance the most, i go to more clubs than raves....( I am not that into DNB or Breaks ), but does that mean i need to be an outcast?

Anyway....

Thanks for the time....

Fred

Clubbers and Ravers = One in the same the only thing different is the venue/dresscode/music...

Other then that its all the same.. ppl getting together for a good time, whether drugs, drinks, dancing or doing it, they all want either one or all of the above...

Originally posted by fjw212

Ok, like I am sure this topic has been discussed a billion times,

But I have only lived in NYC for about 2 years, and I am new to the list...(Originally From Detroit)....I am a raver, in my mid 20's, I have been in the music scene for a long time, and I have noticed in NYC there is quite a bit of tension between clubbers and ravers? why?

I was at Vinyl last friday (Bangin' set by the way), when a girl started dancing with me. Next thing i hear is the guy she was with yelling at her for dancing with a "dirty, smelly raver". I am in no way dirty or smelly, and by his abuse of the english language, I am quite sure I have a better education than him (U of Mich 00').....why the animosity?

Since I tend to dig hard and euro trance the most, i go to more clubs than raves....( I am not that into DNB or Breaks ), but does that mean i need to be an outcast?

Anyway....

Thanks for the time....

Fred

He was probably just jealous she was dancing with you and not him.

Originally posted by renntenn

i dont think he put you down cuz youre a "raver" ..i think he put you down cuz youre a dork...no offense

I'm sure you are the absolute end all be all of cool, and therefor u know who is a 'dork' by reading a few lines they wrote. You were probably the guy mouthing off about ravers because the girl u were with was dancing with him.

nah no problem with ravers or clubbers. ravers wear UFOs, clubbers wear DKNYs. ravers do K, clubbers do E. ravers suck on pacifiers, clubbers smoke cigs. just 2 different scenes. i personally dont like raves, but its because i think the music is bad, not because the people suck. but generally speaking, you find less assholes among ravers, especially the Plur hippies. hey, its like they say, whatever tickles your pickle

Originally posted by milamber3

He was probably just jealous she was dancing with you and not him.

very good point... especially if its a bling bling guy... and then a raver or skater type takes there girl from them even if for minute they fume up and get pissed, like all that fake ballin and pseudo rich living was a waste... some punk kid with dingy kicks and torn jeans just got their girls attention or even better her #... ahahha...

Originally posted by dgmodel

very good point... especially if its a bling bling guy... and then a raver or skater type takes there girl from them even if for minute they fume up and get pissed, like all that fake ballin and pseudo rich living was a waste... some punk kid with dingy kicks and torn jeans just got their girls attention or even better her #... ahahha...

I totally agree. He was probably just jealous. :) Cheer up - I'm sure you're a great guy. You enjoy the music, the scene, and that's all that matters- Not what other people think about you.

this is why i love england

in most of the clubs there doesnt seem to be any difference, except some of the glam clubs like MOS on saturdays

however i have noticed that glam nights usually mean commerical house, hip-hop, and/or garage; and i have yet to meet one person that admits to going to one and liking it