Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just got back from S&D..and...

OOOOHHHH MYYYY GAAAWWWD!!!

But I'm not posting a review!

(My brains still fried from the Holograms, Lazers

and the BOOM BOOM in the

Grand central station looking environment)

*Thanks Crobra for hooking me up..

i owe you and Z BIG TIME!

I want all you guys to tell me what you thought?

location?

Set?

Sound?

Was it worth the 60$ clams to you...

(Great to see so many faces all over the giant space.)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING..

I LOVE YOU ALL.

(or maybe that's just the 5htp talking)

Night..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Originally posted by crystalmethod

And...

I just was gonna grab the phone and I noticed you were passed out. LOL

Awww... poor Mugzy...

On a bright note, DT was ridiculous.

LOL*

No prob steve..

happy Thanks giving!

I was wondering what happened to you this morning..

OK ok..

since most of the CP headz probably arent up yet..

here's a brief review!

Got there round 9:30..

Line not too bad!

Walking in to the huge marble

room

My jaw droped to the floor..

THIS WAS BY FAR THEEE MOST

BEAUTIFUL VENUE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO FOR A PARTY!

(Hands down)

Like being in a 1930's

ball room with huge ceilings and marble floors..

(Hell the bathrooms had a Fire place!)

I danced with Wiazrds,

board headz..

familiar faces..

seas of hugs..

glowsticks..

GREAT TIME!

I EVEN GOT TO MEET SASHA AND DIGGERS, GUY ORNADEL

AND DAVID SEAMAN..

The pics will be up soon!

(Yet another GUMP MOMENT FOR THIS MUGWUMP)

The sound, however

really depended where you stood..

(I heard people by the bar complaing?)

THERE WAS TOO MUCH ECHO..

because the ceilings where 65ft high!

By the stage, center front it was amazing!

I danced with Sai by the Front and I am completely deaf now!

I think sometimes

you just have to take a night for what it is..

There will always be some detail that

you can focus on to say it "could have been better"..

All I Know is that S&D droped some SIIICK

shit and I was feeling the Love everywhere I went!

But that's just this Mugwump's

humble opinion..

(Perhaps after Centro I was just happy to be

any place else!)

Any of you that didn't make it really...

REEEAAALLLYY missed a very unique..

and special night!

(After last night I really doubt the patrons of Cipriani's

will ever do it again..they all looked shocked!)

*BTW DID ANY ONE THINK THE GUYS

SELLING TOKENS IN THE CHILL OUT ROOM

LOOKED LIKE GHOSTS FROM THE SHINING?

Sureal place!

loved it~

Then again I got in for free ..

(THANKS CROBRA!)

don't know how I'd feel if I would have payed $$..

All I can say is that I have a smile

that just won't fade yet!

Off to Brooklyn to see SBJ!

(Can't wait to rub this shit in her face..

she went to SF last night!)

HAPPY TURKY DAY!

M

U

G

Z

FOR sure it was worth it !!!! for 60 $

LIGHTS WERE FUCKIN AMAZING !!! WISH IF THE PLACE WAS DARKER!! but its okay!!!

SOUND!!! was awesome !!! loud and the bassline was amazing !!

IT WAS SO DOWN TO EARTH !!!it was such a relax atmosphere.. very grass-roots!!

THE SET !!! i'll be honest .. sasha's set was better then Digweed!!but a very very unpredictable gig by both of them !!!

FUCKIN NICE!!!!!

I am still fryed !!! i had 2 E's and was tripping most of the nite!!!

now tonite im ready FOR OAKEY OAKEY!!!!

HAPPY THANKS GIVING

Last nite was incredible - one of Sasha's bests set that I've heard him spin - light show spectacular - venue was incredible

But....

I got there with my friend at about 1 and we didnt get inside until 3:30 and we had tickets - what kind of bs is that!!!!!!!!!! I mean it sucked standing outside for 2 1/2 hrs especially when we already had a ticket - Management at this place is really screwed up - if s&d come back to this place I hope they work out the line situation - I'm sure many people feel the same way

-Trancer:tongue:

both of them were amazing, and a lot harder towards the end then i thought they would go. the beatz in there were crazy all night. plus i spent most of my time up front by the DJ stage, so it was great to see sasha and digweed dancing around. and the guy who kept running around video taping everything. i went pretty late, towards 4ish, and payed 45 bucks to get in. the sound system was good, but it wasnt phazon. the lasers were great though. but wow, how much i missed the masters at work for the last few months!!!!

on another note, my night ended on a pretty sour one. i'm going to staten island after cipriani, on the verrazzano, really really sleepy, and my close for one second, next thig i know, my tires i flying on the curb (on the bridge entrance) and my car is about to fly of the damn bridge. shit, i was a second away from never hearing shasha spin again. instead i got away with a destroyed rim. that was a first for me.....

anyway, hopefully they'll be back in ny sometime soon

An amazing night! Even my bf who was very hesitant to come with me was blown away.

S & D was worth the 2 1/2 hrs on line out in the cold. The venue was awesome, I felt as if I was in a Bank in the 1920's. Teller windows throughout the dance floor, A - G, H-P...

And....

Breaksfast Cipriani style, :laugh: :laugh: KRISPY KREAM!!!!!

Time of my life.....i still cant believe i got to shake diggers' hand and sashas hand......holding a conversation and telling them how much i appreciated their work was just overwhelming......When i asked sasha if he missed twilo....he responded with " r u kidding me.....im missing my home in ny"......how u like them apples baby....no need for an autograph...no need for pics because last night is unforgettable~!

s&d at cirpiani's has got to be one of the most amazing nights out in my life. the venue was spectacular, the laser light show was the coolest i've ever seen, the vibe was perfect and the music was sick! i had such a blast, i only wished that they spun past 8 AM.

The set and spot was amazing...it felt so good to see and hear S&D back in NY!!! The lasers and visuals blew my mind away, in that setting and beautiful environment. Best track was Digz: IIO-Rapture blend (can't get it out of my head). The place was jumpin'.

One thing that a lot of people have not complained about was the fact that we were guinea pigs to the experiment led by the hundreds of undercover cops that patrolled that place last night. Everybody running that place, from the bouncers to the fake-ass ushers to the bartenders were ALL cops. I understand the heightened level of security in our city, but they should not have made us wait in the freezing cold for 2 1/2 hours w/o answers or reason. It was obvious to me that something was up when over 300 people waiting on line after paying $65 for ADVANCE tickets (to a venue that started @ 10pm) were not moving, with a paddywagon standing right in front, full of officers in uniform that were totally belligerent to the irate and angry fans that stood on a line that was NOT MOVING AT ALL for 2 1/2 hours. They were testing us, don't forget: we were supposeddly THAT "Twilo" crowd....If only they knew that we were 2000 die hard fans waiting to see the top 2 dj's in the world, that they took away from us!!!

The chips for drinks idea was good, but not for WATER!!!!!! I saw many dehydrated people looking for water and having to walk another mile to get those damn chips and the bathroom situation was even worse than that........am I the only one that saw this????

All in all, greatest setting, set, night, music, lasers, visuals and crowd in NYC in a very,very long time. I hope S&D come back, but please officers we are human beings that dig and feel the music.

Next time, just hold the venue @ One Police Plaza, we'll still be there 3000 strong!

If only security like that would patrol our airports.................

now that i have had time to think about the night..

i must say i give it an "ehhh" rating..

i didnt walk in expecting twilo..but they sure as hell didnt come close.

i got in fairly quick cause i had arrived early...but to those that waited long..what did you expect?? it is like that every year for any special event on thanksgiving,...you cant complain there.

sound system - sound system was horrid...but it was what i expected..big hall hard to setup for. but it can be done..they just didnt do it. that ringing in your ears is damage done by the sound....definitely not a positive thing.

lighting - was ok...but they could have done a hell of a lot more with all that space..

staff - all cool...had conversations with a bunch of them...i thought it was organized fairly well..i didnt have one hitch in the 6 hours that i was there.

drinks - yes you had to get tokens...but the bartender got to work faster..never had to wait...and the house vodka was Grey Goose..and served in a plastic pint cup...nobody can complain there..you were lucky to pay only 10$ a drink...in some bars..you get half the amount..and pay more...

music - barely heard anything..but..jimmy van m was nice..and the first 2 hours were nice...it was more chunky stuff that had a pop to it....later on when it got melodic..is when they lost me.

crowd - no complaints...nothing really bothered me...

it wasnt a musically enhanced night for me...but many friends of old and new were there entertaining me enough to not let the night get to me.

the group that threw the party needs to plan things out better...for 60$ there should have been a hell of a lot more going on then a simple stage setup and a few lasers. they are lucky that the venue itself was amazing...specially to ny-ers who are used to dark dingy boxes fulled to capacity.

oh..one last thing...the lack of herbs in the place was rather disturbing..i could not find any anywhere. :smoke:

Great music, great vibe, great people. The love was everywhere. The music was awesome - and just because the echos were there (which wasn't necessary a bad thing when your messed up) i think the atmosphere/vibe more than made up for everything. A sick sick sick sick night... esp Sasha ..holy shit!:eek:

I honestly wasn't bothered by all the police..

they where VERY friendly to me..

dancing and smiling..

At one point in my rolling induced friendlyness..

I pulled one NYPD officer over and shook his hand!

i told him that I thought they where amazing people

and that I saluted them in this time of paranoia and

tension..

He smiled and said:

"thanks kid..that means alot to me.."

then he told me that his son was in the room

and that he hears this music coming from

his room all day long..

he goes;

"You know..it kinda grows on you..

like disco in my days"..

I thought that was really cool!

(Crobra you mess..i told you about my run ins with the Global underground crew..

you where just too busy jonesing and waiting for 2:00am to ROLL by!)

Great time!