Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Organizing Music W/ XP

tommy-c

I am running Windows XP now.....and when i open up my music folders, there isn't an option to arrange music by "Date" anymore. Does anyone know if theres anyway to change that?

And another question:

How does everyone arrange there music. I d/l a few hundred a week and just organize it by genre. Thats not good enough. Any GOOD programs? Please help

------------------------------------------------Tommy-C

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tommy-c

I am running Windows XP now.....and when i open up my music folders, there isn't an option to arrange music by "Date" anymore. Does anyone know if theres anyway to change that?

And another question:

How does everyone arrange there music. I d/l a few hundred a week and just organize it by genre. Thats not good enough. Any GOOD programs? Please help

------------------------------------------------Tommy-C

I didn't upgrade to xp, cause the reviews were all show and no go, but try and right click and hit arrange by date, that may help...

I arrange mine by date, easy to keep track of them, I know exactly when I got the track in my head so I know where to look in my folder. I have a club music folder and a regular folder for music...

Tommy -C Nah ya cant. You give up arranging by date because you get all these nifty new shitz on the list like the Arstist and Date the Cd was made and shit, its kind of wack But hey that Microsoft for you. I dont know why they changed that thing around. And for all your other peeps its only a matter of time till u upgrade to windows xp, your all windows 98 now or windows 2000. Its inevitable I would say use a Linux based Operating system those are the best, but they are pretty hard to use if you have been on windows machines your whole lives :)

"I dual boot Have no problems"....meaning what?

I just installed 2000 PRO and its very slow.. i just can't win here. I'm runnin a Pentium 4 ..512mg of ram and i can't even burn a CD. Its giving me errors. WTF! Why doesn't burning CDs ever work properly for me? Any suggestions? Im usin Easy Creator 5.0 and it won't encode on the fly. I just dunno.

Originally posted by tommy-c

"I dual boot Have no problems"....meaning what?

I just installed 2000 PRO and its very slow.. i just can't win here. I'm runnin a Pentium 4 ..512mg of ram and i can't even burn a CD. Its giving me errors. WTF! Why doesn't burning CDs ever work properly for me? Any suggestions? Im usin Easy Creator 5.0 and it won't encode on the fly. I just dunno.

You can't win cause your using Windows :D. Sometimes my CDS don't burn properly to, like it my opinion it would be easier if the O/S would contain the drivers to burn, not the programs. What I do after a fresh install is install Nero Burning Rom, then adaptec EZ cd Creater 4.0, then I upgrade my Aspi drivers with Adaptec, then I install Fireburner, DiscJuggler, CD Clone, and Cdrwin ( I burn other things besides Music and Data cds, i.e Dreamcast games, Playstation 2 games, Computer games, apps, etc.) Then I install Adaptec Ez Cd 5.0 Roxio Platinum just in case I ever use it, but I mainly burn with the smaller programs. If you need any of these Utils or programs just msg me you got my aim name I will send em over ( Helps if you got AIM). Also if you are Using Windows XP I would recommend you Go through the START menu, All programs, and do the windows update and UPDATe the CDR burner, there are some patches and shit there. If that dont work I would shell out and get a new burner they got like a TDk 24X or some Plextor ( Which are the best cause they got the error correcting software withing the drive, but they are also the most expensive). Well give those things a try, some of them might help you, if not just msg me Im sure I can give you some more information. :eek:

Originally posted by sextacy911

tommy just format your computer... u chnaged OS's 2 times.. that fucks it uo a lot... format your HD.. and install windows 2000 back in... (XP SUCK MY DICK!!)

Xp is kind of wack, Windows 2000 is def. more stable, but eventually your going to want the benefits of Windows Xp. Its inevitable Microshit always wins :D

Thanks people. Microsoft can blow me. I dunno.......ive just experimented with Windows ME , 98, 2000 PRO, and XP. Out of them all XP is the fastest and most reliable, but 2000 PRO has many more good features and is more stable. But for MUSIC AND BURNING oriented programs... i still don't know. FOR ALL YOU MUSIC LOVERS AND DJS....Which do you prefer? My main concer about XP was that it doesn;t allow you to arrange by DATE which i can't deal without. Is there any programs that organize your music well? I've used Winamp my whole life...but i think its time for a change. ANy suggestions on an organizer/ player? B/c i do like XP.

yo, like i said before, it's called arrange by modified.

In case your folder was made into a music folder, that option disappears, however, if u right click and select options and then customize u can turn it into a regular folder and this option will appear.