Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dance Floor Collapses In NJ NIGHTCLUB!!

Dance Floor Collapse Plunges Partygoers Into Pool

(Rochelle Park, New Jersey-AP) -- Some partygoers at a New Jersey lounge are recovering after a dance floor collapsed beneath Them, sending them into the water of a swimming pool below. The incident took place early this morning at the Metro Lounge in Rochelle Park, New Jersey. Fire officials say about 35 people sustained mostly minor injuries when the plexiglass and plywood floor placed over the pool caved in. It happened at about 2:15 AM when a large number of people began to dance all at once. Joseph Williams, of Paterson, said the collapse sounded like ice cracking. Williams said some people panicked and began to hyperventilate and faint while others pulled partygoers out of the pool. The lounge is in a separate, attached wing to a Ramada Inn. A man who answered the hotel's telephone said the incident had nothing to do with the hotel.

http://www.fox5ny.com/dynamic/story.asp?category=2#1037

Whoa...that's messed up..there was a similar incident last year in Israel, a wedding was going on and people were dancing..the floor caved in and the people fell three floors down. Some died,some were injured pretty bad.What is the deal with contractors not building strong floors in buildings?

Here is what an employee of Metro said that happenedhe said this on the jersey board):

before the rumors begin...what really happened w/ the METRO LOUNGE pool thing

I know how everyone loves to start rumors, so i hope this will clear things up. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED:

1. PRIVATE PARTY in pool room of ramada inn ON SAT NIGHT (NEXT TO METRO LOUNGE).

2. Pool has truss system to convert pool into dance floor

3. For some reason, 2 sections of pool cover (NOT THE WHOLE THING) bent and released 2 sections of dance floor, exposing water.

4. 4.....four.....the number 4........only 4 people got submerged in water.

5. party was evacuated.

6.NO SERIOUS INJURIES

7. as usual, LOTS OF DRAMA TO GO ALONG WITH IT

This minor incident has no effect on metro lounge and DID NOT HAPPEN inside metro lounge. It happened in the banquet room of the hotel and DOES NOT EFFECT, IN ANY WAY WHATEVER, the operation of METRO LOUNGE. THESE ARE THE FACTS . I know it will be blown out of control, so i just wanted to let everyone know the FACTS.See everyone this weekend.

FRIDAY - DJ RICHIE RYDELL

SATURDAY - DJ ANDREW MENDEZ

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

I'll stick to the NEWS version. Sorry I am having problems believing a employee/promoter in this situation. They'll say anything to make it look good. THE FLOOR CAVED IN PICTURES ON THE NEWS DUDE. Come on have a conscience!!!

I used to frequent the club alot. The room they showed on the report is not the hip hop room they used before. That room was way too big. I also saw that all the victims and witnesses were black and Metro doesnt attract a big black customer base. I tend to believe him, and im not being racist, im stating the facts. Well Andrew Mendez spins on the mainfloor there on Saturdays and im sure he ill let us know whats up. I have a conscience.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I used to frequent the club alot. The room they showed on the report is not the hip hop room they used before. That room was way too big. I also saw that all the victims and witnesses were black and Metro doesnt attract a big black customer base. I tend to believe him, and im not being racist, im stating the facts. Well Andrew Mendez spins on the mainfloor there on Saturdays and im sure he ill let us know whats up. I have a conscience.

Yeah that was definately not the inside of Metro, unless there is some part I have never seen. And you are absolutely right, I have never heard hip-hop spun there, mostly white kids (alot of guido types) there for Andrew.

Originally posted by cmb1975

Yeah that was definately not the inside of Metro, unless there is some part I have never seen. And you are absolutely right, I have never heard hip-hop spun there, mostly white kids (alot of guido types) there for Andrew.

They have a seperate room that they open only on certain nights, usually on holiday weekends when they expect more people. There are two rooms that they use & one is where the indoor pool is. They cover it w/some plexi-glass type structure, never seemed safe to me and now I know why. They had a hip-hop DJ there that night so I guess that's where the Paterson people came from. I was there on Wednesday and that's how it was set up.

Originally posted by Kermzy

They have a seperate room that they open only on certain nights, usually on holiday weekends when they expect more people. There are two rooms that they use & one is where the indoor pool is. They cover it w/some plexi-glass type structure, never seemed safe to me and now I know why. They had a hip-hop DJ there that night so I guess that's where the Paterson people came from. I was there on Wednesday and that's how it was set up.

The room where they have hip hop is alot smaller than that one they showed on tv. I havent been to Metro in a while but the one Roveen, the hip hop dj, spins in fits the most 60 people and that wasnt the room. they might have changed the room.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

The room where they have hip hop is alot smaller than that one they showed on tv. I havent been to Metro in a while but the one Roveen, the hip hop dj, spins in fits the most 60 people and that wasnt the room. they might have changed the room.

They changed the room.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

I'll stick to the NEWS version. Sorry I am having problems believing a employee/promoter in this situation. They'll say anything to make it look good. THE FLOOR CAVED IN PICTURES ON THE NEWS DUDE. Come on have a conscience!!!

I'll stick to the news also. :) I even saw pics in the newspaper and it sounded alot worse than this worker says. They should just stick to the nomal setup and stop trying to gain more space.

:idea: I hope they dont start to charge more now because of this---> I can just imagine all the lawsuits:D