Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Manhattan truly sucks...

jammy

I feel like moving back to Europe.:(

NYC does not have a sound .... and nobody cares about techno... good local dj's are few .... soundsystems suck almost all over.... there's no interest in different sounds ..... and the big festivals have all been cancelled....

HIYA DMGREENZ...long time no see :)

I hear ya...most people don't know, but on Vinyl Saturdays *back in the day* they used to have a lil refreshment area in the back room with some treats and such for the patrons. Kinda felt like you were at some house partay. Europe sounds like a good idea...Greenland anyone? :idea:

-Jamms "scoreggia" :cool:

alby...cellphone??? no working???

jammy??? help..

wheres the italian...how am i going to get his tomato sauce recipe.....

and i agree with you jammy..

the love has been lost..

its all about who you know....who is playing...who is there...who has what chemical substance..

what happenned to..creativity..music...mental stimulation..

i am a lost won.

-z

Wow, you people are fucked up in the head! Lets see if there wasn’t not one club in NYC then Id say it sucks but you have to be kidding me! NYC has over 400 clubs in NYC and to think how is sucks man open your fucking mind up a little far as for the sounds systems in the clubs I don't see you making a difference in music nor there needs of lighting equipments or sound as well, you need to get your heads out of your ass and look around, would you rather be in some dumb ass place with no music no cool people to talk to no food places like on every corner? I guess not. Next time stop and think before you make a statement like that!

Originally posted by cesarleo

Europe--been there done that over and over....all in all more hype than NY!

please elaborate, because I'm a serious newbie to the Europe scene..I know for a fact though that some clubs don't gert 10 hr marathons sets like NYC does. Usually 2-4 hours of the mainliner is sufficient and in this case, I think it cuts out the "garbage" filler tracks played while the DJ is in loo, conducting *business*...

sleepiswaste...desiderate imparare come cucinare l'alimento italiano?

-Jamms "doilookbellatoyou" :cool:

Originally posted by glowball

Wow, you people are fucked up in the head! Lets see if there wasn’t not one club in NYC then Id say it sucks but you have to be kidding me! NYC has over 400 clubs in NYC and to think how is sucks man open your fucking mind up a little far as for the sounds systems in the clubs I don't see you making a difference in music nor there needs of lighting equipments or sound as well, you need to get your heads out of your ass and look around, would you rather be in some dumb ass place with no music no cool people to talk to no food places like on every corner? I guess not. Next time stop and think before you make a statement like that!

its not a statement..its an opnion..

and i have stopped and thinked....

been watching the msuic and the partys grow over the years...been watching them grow and expand in europe as well.

and everyplace in the world..has cool music..cool people...cool food...

why must it be cool????

if it wasnt cool...would it be bad to you?

cool is in the eye of the beholder....

not trying to argue with you..just trying to let you inside my brain for a sec to see what im thinking.

dont think i can fit my head in my ass either.

Originally posted by albyback

I feel like moving back to Europe.:(

NYC does not have a sound .... and nobody cares about techno... good local dj's are few .... soundsystems suck almost all over.... there's no interest in different sounds ..... and the big festivals have all been cancelled....

NYC does not have a sound? so WTF does DT play? morillo r. sanchez and MAW? junyah?

Originally posted by jammy

please elaborate, because I'm a serious newbie to the Europe scene..I know for a fact though that some clubs don't gert 10 hr marathons sets like NYC does. Usually 2-4 hours of the mainliner is sufficient and in this case, I think it cuts out the "garbage" filler tracks played while the DJ is in loo, conducting *business*...

sleepiswaste...desiderate imparare come cucinare l'alimento italiano?

-Jamms "doilookbellatoyou" :cool:

10 hour marathons is rare....but you get 2 hour sets of 5 different dj's who push different styles...europeans get bored easy..need variety...well at least this european gets bored.

but its a different world..definitely needs to be experienced if your into this whole life.

-z "nospeaka-da-italiano"

thanks for clearing that up

Originally posted by glowball

My point was more of the treatment of the patrons :rolleyes:...If that clears anyone's throat out there...

and Z, I meant the European clubs get 2-4 hours of the headliner, not 10hr marathon set like here. So we luck out in that respect...but still :eek:

-Jamms "rantwillcomejustworkingrightnow" :cool:

Arrrooooooo....

All you winey bitches

sound like MUGZ!

ARF!

NY is faaaboloouuuse!

GHLAM GLAM GLAM..

And No sneaks to dance at my faaavorite places...

arrroooo!

All this talk about TECHNO is making me sick!

It's all about MARTINIS hun!

What do you think this is..

early 90's?

arf?

(grrrrrr)

Fuck all that..

PLUR

has been replaced by DRAMA!

welcome to the year

(snort)

HIPPIES!

Go hang out with that wanna

be MUGZ

if you want artsy crap!

Originally posted by jammy

My point was more of the treatment of the patrons :rolleyes:...If that clears anyone's throat out there...

and Z, I meant the European clubs get 2-4 hours of the headliner, not 10hr marathon set like here. So we luck out in that respect...but still :eek:

-Jamms "rantwillcomejustworkingrightnow" :cool:

agreed jammy....

Well to me the club scene is older there than it is here. People are used to dance music and all types in general but DJ's look forward to spinning more so in the US than in Europe I believe. One thing for sure is that patrons I found in Europe to be extremely friendly....(some smelly).....and very open to different beats. But when you go over there it's ike......"Oh yeah I heard so much about NY, I wanna get over there... yada, yada, yada".....and for us it's the opposite.....so what ever you want to make of that but that is my opnion.:D

europe suffers from over hype

ministry of sound is one such example (a lot like webster hall :eek: )

most clubs are glammy too, at least in london anyway. cities like london seem to offer choice, but when you actually go there, you find that there isnt much choice at all. There are still a good amount of decent clubs here, but unfortunately garage is slowly taking over.

::cowers in fear:::worry:

for those who think that the commercial scene is lame, it could be much worse

Is that limburger I'm smelling...:puke: :puke: :puke:

As far as music, which type do you think is making the most headway here in the states *if* that? Trance, trip-hop, dnb, tekno...obviously now I'm going away from the patrons and now to the music...

-Jamms "thecheezebetweenmytoes" :cool: