Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who hates HIP HOP!!??

Guest funkysoul

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by iliana

It's apparent that the majority of you are only familiar with Commercial Hip-hop. Your views are one sided. It would be easy to dislike electronic music if I thought KTU was the final word on techno. Hip Hop is definitly an art form that shouldn't be judged by Hot97 or BET.

-iliana

:cool:

THANK YOU!! :)

Originally posted by bxbomb

I hate bad hip -hop and most of it has been bad since mid 90s. Almost every song out there now talkin bout 20" rims and sittin in the VIp drinkin Henny or Cris....puleeze

like i said....all abut the arrested development.....

what happened to them?

I've listened to hip-hop my entire life, but that not the only thing that i listen to. Yes hip hop might be violent, they might talk about guns and shit like that, but why are we knocking them. Do you knock the songs that talk about satan, and all that other shit. There is other music out there that causes violence, but the media just doesn't put it in the news. I belive you can goto any club and get into a fight not just the ones that play hip-hop, you can go to a club that has a mosh pit and get the shit kicked out of you, but i guess that music isn't violent though. And it's not the music that make people it's jut the people themselves.

Originally posted by iliana

It's apparent that the majority of you are only familiar with Commercial Hip-hop. Your views are one sided. It would be easy to dislike electronic music if I thought KTU was the final word on techno. Hip Hop is definitly an art form that shouldn't be judged by Hot97 or BET.

-iliana

:cool:

YOU GO GIRL...:idea:

-Jamms "welcomebackkotter" :cool:

Oh yeah I forgot...Trance/Club raver types/Techno etc...yeah they're all e-heads/k-heads/meatheadz/no seritonin left rejects...Ummmm sure...:rolleyes: Hip-hop is a culture made up of many different types of people in different situations...the same can be said for all genres of music...I prefer not to belong only to one...My Unlimited Metrocard worth...

-Jamms "sinceweallintosweepinggeneralizationsandall" :cool:

I'm officially renaming this thread to:

WHO CARES?!

Because its completely irrelevant who hates what type of music.... If you don't like it, don't listen to it... Thats it.

Its cool to talk to other people about music you both like, but trashing what you don't like and what others do isn't cool... Everyone has a reason for what they like and what they don't... Theres no reason to try to "prove" 1 ENTIRE genre of music is "wrong" or "bad"....

To me it depends. When you say Biggie, old wu-tang, tribe, old mobb deep, DRE (old and new) Iguess most rap from 91-98 i would have to give a 10. But all the new shit like Juvenile, Nelly, etc. they get a big phat zero. Its all i used to listen to to tell you the truth but now I can only listen to shit from back then or some exceptions to the rule like new Outkast and DRE. Other than that fuck Ja-Rule hes a bitch, fuck jay-z cause he sold out (he will never put out an album like "Reasonable Doubt" again which was his first album, and fuck Nas because he sold out just like Jay-z granted i still love his older shit. All in all rap has gone to shit except for the very few talented artists who are still out there. If you love rap or hip-hop or whatever the fuck you wanna call it try listening to Necro. You have never ever heard anybody as raw as this dude trust me.

Peace and long live house music.

I used to hate rap and hip hop, until I heard some from France and Algeria...wow....this is definitely rap I can listen to. Since then,I've been doing some listening to Wu-Tang, Tupac, and other foreign rappers,and rap isn't crappy after all..it's the shitty new rappers on MTV that are so commecialized and aimed at only pleasing the kiddie audience they have rather than "keeping it real" and talking about concrete stuff....and frankly, I am SICK AND FUCKING TIRED of listening about ho's, money, niggaz, and the ghetto. It's getting old.

La la-la la-la la-la la...la...la...la

La la-la la-la la-la la..la..la...la...la

Buck! Buck!

Chorus:

Wa da da dang

Wa da da da dang (Ay!)

Listen to my 9 millimeter go bang

Wa da da dang

Wa da da da dang (Ay!)

This is KRS-One...

Verse 1:

Me knew a crack dealer by the name of Peter

Had to buck him down with my 9 millimeter

He said I had his girl, I said "Now what are you? Stupid?"

But he tried to play me out and KRS-One knew it

He reached for his pistol but it was just a waste

Cos my 9 millimeter was up against his face

He pulled his pistol anyway and I filled him full of lead

But just before he fell to the ground this is what I said...

Repeat chorus

La la-la la-la la-la la..la..la...la...la x2

Verse 2:

Seven days later I was chillin in the herb gate

But seven days too much when the gossip has to circulate

Puffin sensemilla I heard "knock knock knock"

But the way that they knocked it did not sound like any cop

And if it were a customer they'd ask me for a nick

So suddenly I realized it had to be a trick

I dropped down to the floor and they did not waste no time

They shot right through the door so I had to go for mine

They pumped and shot again but the suckas kept on missin

Cos I was on the floor by now, I crawled into the kitchen

Thirty seconds later, boy, they bust the door down

The money and the sensemi' was lyin all around

But just as they put their pistols down to take a cut

Me jumped out the kitchen, went "buck! buck! buck!"

They fall down to the floor but one was still alive

So I put my 9 millimeter right between his eyes

Looked at his potnah and both of them were dead

So just before he joined his potnah this is what I said...

Repeat chorus

La la-la la-la la-la la..la..la...la...la x2

Verse 3:

I gathered all the money and I ran up the block

I said "This is a perfect time to meet with Scott LaRock"

But Scott is either psychic or he has a knack for trouble

Cos Scott LaRock showed up in a all-black BMW

I jumped inside the car and we screeched off in a hurry

And Scott said "What is wrong? Relax, tell me the story"

I said "You remember Peter? Well his posse tried to kill me

I'm all right now because the sensemi' fill me"

Scott just laughed, he said "I know they're all dead

And just before you pulled the trigger this is what you said..."

Repeat chorus

La la-la la-la la-la la..la..la...la...

This is real Hip Hop

yo dood, do me a favor and repost that here:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=60459

Originally posted by gonzojournilist

La la-la la-la la-la la..la..la...la...la

Buck! Buck!

Chorus:

Wa da da dang

Wa da da da dang (Ay!)

Listen to my 9 millimeter go bang

Wa da da dang

Wa da da da dang (Ay!)

This is KRS-One...

Yeah, I like the occasional track about rollin on 20's, and drinkin 40's and smokin blunts in their multi-million dollar mansion.... but Some of this new hiphop is just tired.... Its like pop music for a different crowd....

didnt we have this subject before? it's totally biased on this forum because majority is more in favor of trance, techno, house, etc. wouldnt it be wonderful if they had hip hop on the main floor for a change? probably have a riot from the WASP population. anywayz. i had my argument before and no more wasting time on such meaningless conversation. i give hip hop a 10.

I too grew up listing to hip-hop

I think it's fucked up that people are being so closed minded about this topic. Come on people-radio friendly anything is corny. I love house music. But I'll tell you something, if I was forced to listen to the radio...I would pick Hot97 over KTU any day..

KTU plays the most whack ass, corney, no soul having shit in the history of music. I.E. Enriqye Iglesias- dance remix of "hero" c'mon people there are some songs that should not be turned into club music.

Bwahahahahha people make me laugh!!! Music is music is music!

Give credit where credit is due! You cannot deny real talent.

And NO IM not saying all rappers are talented... But damn out of like 128475646463 dance genre records that come out PER DAY... How many are really good??? Only a hand full!

Originally posted by sassa

I used to hate rap and hip hop, until I heard some from France and Algeria...wow....this is definitely rap I can listen to. Since then,I've been doing some listening to Wu-Tang, Tupac, and other foreign rappers,and rap isn't crappy after all..it's the shitty new rappers on MTV that are so commecialized and aimed at only pleasing the kiddie audience they have rather than "keeping it real" and talking about concrete stuff....and frankly, I am SICK AND FUCKING TIRED of listening about ho's, money, niggaz, and the ghetto. It's getting old.

Hey Sassa, Do you know of any Taliban rappers we could check out?

Hey Mr. Taliban, Taliban Bin Laden!