Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New to Area

ttingle

I just moved to northern virginia from Germany and I know of only two clubs in DC, I can't even remember the names but they are on capitol street. Anyway, where the hell are all the good clubs, all I want is to hear a good DJ spin for hours. And why do they charge $20 for addmittance? Where are the less expensive clubs?

Originally posted by dcsglow

i live in northern virginia too.

jimi...why dont you just go ahead and ttingle out while your at it? :D

anyway,

most of us check out:

1. Buzz @ Nation (www.buzzlife.com) with good d&b and progressive ---were usually ther pretty much every week--FRI

2. Glow (www.clubglow.com) for the trancer in you..SAT

3. The Edge...right next door to Buzz...once in a while they get a big name. but more local talent spins there more ravie...SAT

4. Red...good spot for house music around Dupont..usually my choice if there is nobody I like is spinning @ Buzz or Glow or if I just want to keep a lower profile that night..THU, FRI, SAT, SUN

5. "5"..anyone wants to say something on "5"?

6. Vickies...if soulful house is your thing..around U Street

other events are also held at 9:30 Club, The DC Armory, and. and...and...my bossis on my ass....of course shady prefers Nation on Saturday...but thats Shady.... :D :D

Originally posted by ttingle

I just moved to northern virginia from Germany and I know of only two clubs in DC, I can't even remember the names but they are on capitol street. Anyway, where the hell are all the good clubs, all I want is to hear a good DJ spin for hours. And why do they charge $20 for addmittance? Where are the less expensive clubs?

What are your favourite genres...which DJs do you like? Buzz is your best bet for the big name DJs.

$20 is cheap compared to the prices you'll see in NYC (upward of $30).

Next Fri is Saeed & Palash at Buzz.

Originally posted by raver_mania

What are your favourite genres...which DJs do you like? Buzz is your best bet for the big name DJs.

$20 is cheap compared to the prices you'll see in NYC (upward of $30).

Next Fri is Saeed & Palash at Buzz.

I agree with raver_mania, I thikn were pretty much lucky in DC...the place has a pretty good scene..not phenomenal nor anything like NY, but we pay less for cover compared to NY, where if you go out to a couple of clubs a week that sets you back 60-70 upfront just in cover charges....:mad:

Hey ttingle, welcome to the area :D

My suggestions would be Red Thurs. Buzz Fri. and Glow Sat., also when the party picks up, Dream will be great. Also 1223 and Ozio are nice upscale clubs if you're looking for that kind of atmosphere.

I can offer you lists at multiple DC clubs including Glow and 1223, feel free to PM me any time you want to go out and we'll see what I can hook you up with.

What kind of music and scene are you looking for? Tell us a little about you :)

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah, no shit. I think listening to one continuous trainwreck is a pretty hefty price to pay for a night out. :D

Night out with friends: priceless

Getting drunk with friends: priceless

Getting high with friends: priceless

Dropping like a fukin' brick from your high 'cuz Jimi trainwrecks like hell: $5,432,867,984,098,126,876,865,982,904,729,432,639,054,675,2164,822,554,870,098.....

Originally posted by vicman

Dropping like a fukin' brick from your high 'cuz Jimi trainwrecks like hell: $5,432,867,984,098,126,876,865,982,904,729,432,639,054,675,2164,822,554,870,098.....

Some things, money can buy. For everything else, there's drugs...

Originally posted by vicman

its alllllways vicy boy that has to "make fun of jimi"...well let me tell you something, in 5 years...i will be a GOOD dj...there will be no trainwreckin....what do you take me for anyway...amtrax? just wait...lol lol you'll all be dancing to the shit i drop! muwhahahha....aight that muwhaha thing is getting old now. i retire it.

no harsh feelings little guy. (i just needed another post):D

Hey Chynado11 - I spin too - can I get some love??? :D

Here's my list of places to hit:

Best DJs: Buzz, followed by Glow.

Most cheese and cheapest drinks: Heaven

Best place to strike a pose: 1223

Best place to chill on a Sunday: Modern

New cool place to chill: Blue Room

After Hours: Red

Oh, and 5 used to be my spot - but when they replaced Alex Whalen and Buster - they broke my heart! The last time I went back, the music was awful - not that the crowd cared!:mad:

Originally posted by malanee

Hey Chynado11 - I spin too - can I get some love??? :D

Here's my list of places to hit:

Best DJs: Buzz, followed by Glow.

Most cheese and cheapest drinks: Heaven

Best place to strike a pose: 1223

Best place to chill on a Sunday: Modern

New cool place to chill: Blue Room

After Hours: Red

Oh, and 5 used to be my spot - but when they replaced Alex Whalen and Buster - they broke my heart! The last time I went back, the music was awful - not that the crowd cared!:mad:

what kind of shit do you spin...how long ago did u start...and what's your set up????????

Originally posted by dcsglow

what kind of shit do you spin...how long ago did u start...and what's your set up????????

I have a couple of Technic 1200 M3Ds - but I've only had them a couple of months - so I'm still a DJ Baby. How about you?

Oh, and I spin mostly progressive with a little jungle and break beat on the side.