Clubplanet Nightlife Community

south jersey

This is my first time here so be nice (I feel like a 16yr old girl). anyone on this board live in central/south jersey? I am from Bregen county but I have been trapped down here for a while now :( are there any new yorkers or people from north jersey around here? If there are what do you guys consider to be the most NY like clubs in philly/south jersey? I hate philly so please make sure it is good one if you recomend someplace. anyway peace. hetyey225

Kinda depends on where exactly you're located. As far as Philly goes, Evolution tends to book the most well-known DJ's like Sandra Collins, Dave Ralph, etc.. the venue itself isn't all that, but if you're going for the music, that's a good place. Shampoo is another one that stays open until all-hours. In Old City there's Envy and the Five-Spot. That's about as good as you're going to get. In New Brunswick next Saturday night a new club called Platinum is opening which may be worth checking out, it sounds like it has potential. I'm from South Jersey originally and I love Philly, and they have their moments, but nothing can really compare to the NY scene. Hope that helps!!

nope not scared away just had a TON of sh@% to do. thanx for the replies. I come up to north jersey alot so I guess I may just blow, uh I mean spend my money up there (atleast when it comes to PARTYING). one of my problems down here is that my taste changes soooo much from day to day, one day I'll want to go to a quiet "high-end" place then the next (or later that night) I'm in the mood for a hard core hip hop joint. in NYC I could do that, down here (in the hell of south jersey:mad: ) I can not. and get this, I don't like to drive if I go PARTY, I want to take pub. trans. but in south jersey THE LAST BUSS OR TRAIN TO MY TOWN FROM PHILLY IS 10 PM!!!!!!!! anyway me be rambling. peace and thanx.

Hello

I am living in S. Jersey also due to work, and although I always come home , Ie north Jersey on the weekends, there are some places worth checking out. If you are from the Cherry hill area

you could go to Top Dog, not NYC style but its at least something,

if you want to go to Philly I would go to evolution as sith2076 recomended, also if your interested there are some nice lounges in philly , try Tangerine or Continiental .

hope this helps

Mane