Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Unofficial Saturday Night @ Twirl Review

Let's see.......

The night overall was pretty good.

There was an open bar, but being the idiot that I am, I actually bought a drink instead cuz i didn't know where the open bar was...

I'd like to congratulate my man Chris Lewis for spinning a great set. Definitely check him out when you've the chance.

Pete Schwinge spun a good set too....but......

WTF WAS WITH THAT SOUND SYSTEM?!?!?!?!?!

head's still ringing.......

But at least I was with (or got to see momentarily :tongue: ) :

Poppamenace (never looks bad in UFOs and Sneakers*AHEM*)redblob.gif

The RAGGA icon16.gif1drink.gif

Sunny 420 lechz.gif

Evil Evil Teklordkopfpatsch.gif (NO COMMENT!)

Ze Phatman ...

y senor Mugwump...

and ze Mr. Z

mmmmm, crowd.....

well....i'm off to get me some medication......

Yo!

Yeah it was a fun night indeed. I snatched 2 free drinks from the open bar. "Wait a second... they have an open bar... i'm an idiot" The line of the night was definetely "NO COMMENT." Wow I had an awesome time overall last night. STarted off at Comic Strip Live with a few friends then went to Twirl then Chinatown for some late night grub with a few old friends. It was nice meeting MUGZ finally and a few others. Lavendermenace - hehehehe, i'm sorry. nice dress, it was funny trying to watch you bounce. Sunshine420 - i had a blast last night, too bad whenever you are with me we always get mad lost and end up in the bronx :eek: Catch you cats later, igg pretend to study. peace

...two vodka cranberries (gratis), two grey goose and tonic, and one shot of soco with lime and i became the drunken wonder....

sober enough at the beginning to hear chris lewis - he was definitely ON - too short of a set though...and what was with the live performance...i blinked and it was over...gotta say there is something about that club i really like...sound system does need work but as i heard it, there are issues regarding codes and blah blah blah - still wouldnt deter me...its just got good energy...

nice meeting:

teklord

xpander

mugz

lavendermenace (even if you were drinking wine - jk)

sleepiswaste

tina (ill have to pm you about my cousins diner in miami when u go down for the conference)

hope to c u all soon - just not as blurry as last night...

HEY I don't know, maybe I went to a different Twirl, but Sat nite sucked ass. i got two vodkas @ the open bar and they sucked too. i danced a bit but the crowd was dead, like in need to be burried, so i just bounced. i like the decor and the music was awesome, but the vibe was totally off. i might go back in a couple of weeks to see whether the party has improved, but so far that place gets **, riding only on decor and music.

all i can say is that if i had not left i was prob gonna :blown: myself

I'm all about the support

for friends that ORGANIZE shit!

Organize a better party then..

Think it's easy?

My nights @ Fun with "La Leche"

died before they ever began...

NY is a tough town..

whateva~

I had a cool time..

and nightlifeunder will tell ya herself:

TWIRL is like a giant Lounge..

Just take it for what it is...

a room full of LOVE!

Great seeing all of ya~

Thanks for the CD Chris..

any time you need help you know

who to call for..

Just say "Mugz" thrice

(and like Beetlejuice I'm there!)

(((HUGZ)))

Originally posted by boreese

Yea, well i did SUPPORT cause i showed up and paid, ok.

Neva said i didn't like the space either.

Dude, lighten up.

No need to get defensive. :)

Thanks for supporting hon...next time make sure you say hello to me and I will buy you a drink. I am guaranteeing a good time for you next time.. As a matter of fact we are having our Holiday Party on the 15th. We will have Food the two hours of open bar and I will make sure your drinks are better personally.. You know I do appreciate the fact that you are willing to try us again. I am attaching my pic...find me... Tina Donny.JPG

Originally posted by phatman

...two vodka cranberries (gratis), two grey goose and tonic, and one shot of soco with lime and i became the drunken wonder....

sober enough at the beginning to hear chris lewis - he was definitely ON - too short of a set though...and what was with the live performance...i blinked and it was over...gotta say there is something about that club i really like...sound system does need work but as i heard it, there are issues regarding codes and blah blah blah - still wouldnt deter me...its just got good energy...

nice meeting:

teklord

xpander

mugz

lavendermenace (even if you were drinking wine - jk)

sleepiswaste

tina (ill have to pm you about my cousins diner in miami when u go down for the conference)

hope to c u all soon - just not as blurry as last night...

Phatman ..

MUAH!!!

Tina

A big THANK YOU to all who came in support. I'll be at the Pseudo party this Thursday for sure.

Pete Thanks for having me in your your place and Don and Brandie thanks for the booking.

To my Crew: Phatman, Mugz, Xpander, and all the others who showed. your continued support of underground music is very much appreciated.

Hope you like the CD's, please post a review after you get a chance to listen to them.

Originally posted by laraver

A big THANK YOU to all who came in support. I'll be at the Pseudo party this Thursday for sure.

Pete Thanks for having me in your your place and Don and Brandie thanks for the booking.

To my Crew: Phatman, Mugz, Xpander, and all the others who showed. your continued support of underground music is very much appreciated.

Hope you like the CD's, please post a review after you get a chance to listen to them.

Hey no prob bro, great job...unfortunately couldnt get it going sooner, I think ou saw me tearing apart the mixer....they had to hook up a cassette deck fro the previous party and also numerous VCR's plugged into the inputs back there... one of those 7/9input do-hickies with impedence matchers...so baiscally I was rewiring that shit cause nothing was labeled, thanks for the help though :)

Pliers, scalpel? flashlight, RCA connector? oh that's why the CD Player has no sound, the cable is hanging behind the console!!!! AAHHHHH grrrrr

Havent gotten a chane to listen to the CD yet, I'm still on InfaMiss' cassette, will let you definitely know though....

Good time guys!!! :D

- Pete

:shades2:

Originally posted by blueskygirl

Hey Teklord I din see u there... :( Always good to see the rest of ya; Mugz, Trippintrance, Shannon... I had a blast and the music was rockin as usual, tho I missed Chris's set which I heard from several was phat too. Next time I'll come earlier for sure...

Hugs!

BSG

BSG BSG!!!! Wow I didn't know you were there. I was hanging around most of time by the DJ booth and the back bar. I saw everyone else. Damn we have some catching up to. Hope that all is well. ttyl

Originally posted by blueskygirl

Hey Teklord I din see u there... :( Always good to see the rest of ya; Mugz, Trippintrance, Shannon... I had a blast and the music was rockin as usual, tho I missed Chris's set which I heard from several was phat too. Next time I'll come earlier for sure...

Hugs!

BSG

damn - i wanted to meet you too...you were like the only one to respond to a post i put up for some Chris Lewis event a while ago...it was under a different sig though...

oh well...one day...

Originally posted by lavendermenace

I dont know WHAT you guys are talking about. I was not at Twirl on saturday night in a dress! come on people! It must have been someone impersonating me....

ME in heels, a dress, and make up! NOT LIKELY!

:rolleyes:

Uh huh!! Surrrrrrrrrrrrrre!

Nice seeing everyone on Sat night - and the "LM" lookalike was a fox!!

:)

Originally posted by boreese

Yea, well i did SUPPORT cause i showed up and paid, ok.

Neva said i didn't like the space either.

Dude, lighten up.

No need to get defensive. :)

All good bro...

did that come out sounding defensive?

I apologize..

I meant it to read more as an

"OPINION"..

(which we are all entitled to in here)

It's all good bro...

Tina & Donny are trying real hard

to get talent in that will PACK the house..

but as we all know..

NY is in a difficult place right now..

In any case I ended up heading to Pseudo

with my crew so all bases where covered for my support!

LOVED THE CD CHRIS!

See ya Thursday~

I came in at about 1. It was pretty much dead on the dance floor. I was with few of my friends. I tried to get into the music and all but just didn't feel it. Plus I was feeling a bit sick in my stomach. My friend thew a party at his place and I think I had a bit too much alcohol. Anyways, I should have introduced myself to some people but I guess I didn't recognize anyone. It was fun for a while. So we left about 2:30.

It was nice meeting you guys...and seeing a few familiar faces.... teklord as usual had a great time (hope your feeling better) ... Expander it was nice meeting you...next drink during open bar is on me next time :tongue: I didnt really get to talk to Lavendermenace but just wanted to say ya looked AwEsOmE ;) have to admit the place wasnt as packed as i thought BUT i personally had an great time! Open bar... good beats... and such a friendly crowd... what more can ya ask for? :D Brandie if you are out there... thank u soooo much for the hook up!!!... its been a while since i got to hit up the city since i'm stuck up at skewl playing soccer most of the year and finally gettin out to the city made my week :D