Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nyc recommendations

judson

hey dc kids. i posted this on the nyc board, but i thought you might have some thoughts too.

i'm going to nyc with a pack of friends this weekend and i'm looking for clubbing recommendations. i'm particuarly interested in a mixed crowd and fantastic music.

at this point, vinyl with pappa and tomiie appears to be at the top of the list.

it's been a few years since i lived in nyc, so i'd love some background on the clubs and the vibe. particularly vinyl, earth, and exit.

Vinyl, def. Exit has tried to pick itself out of the guido trash of late but it never really will. In order to fill a place that size you just *have* to let in the juicers. Limelight has Anthony Nero as a resident on Fridays, he's pretty good, Centro-Fly almost always has a good party (at least they did over the summer, esp Thursday). But def. Vinyl is excellent... go Friday for Tenaglia if he's gonna be there.

Originally posted by raver_mania

Exit - never been, but heard its full of meat-heads, and chicks with more silicone than flesh.

Very true but I gotta stick up for the meatheads since I have meathead roots... exit will be awesome the 14th though Tiesto and Judge Jules will be there but I got finals. It's good to see that Tiesto has been planning around my schedule so well

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Vinyl, def. Exit has tried to pick itself out of the guido trash of late but it never really will. In order to fill a place that size you just *have* to let in the juicers. Limelight has Anthony Nero as a resident on Fridays, he's pretty good, Centro-Fly almost always has a good party (at least they did over the summer, esp Thursday). But def. Vinyl is excellent... go Friday for Tenaglia if he's gonna be there.

SO I HEAR YOU SAY GUIDO SHIT...:mad: I AM A "WOP," "GUIDO," "DAEGO"...SO AM I SHIT TOO....GRRRRRRR

Originally posted by raver_mania

OK, let me re-phrase... guidos + with no attitude = cool

guidos + bad attitude = meat-heads.

At least thats my definition. Hey, I'm cool with ppl who're chill - I just hate the attitude (like most of us do, I'm sure)!

couldn't agree more raver... the reason I'm defending the meatheads (my definition of meatheads is that they're just weightroom buffs and not necessarily mean) at exit is because if you bump into one of them, they'll be nice and apologize much more often than the skanky guido chicks who'll bump into you and give you a dirty look and attitude