Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Voodoo Lounge in Fort Lauderdale

thecitygirl

Its fair for Ft. Lauderdale.

Mediocre (mostly house) music, mediocre sound system, total pickup place.

I would drive to Miami.

Vaughn's new place Sutra next door is better IMO but is hit or miss with the DJ (if its not Vaughn & Sheldon) and the sound is OK.

Stereo can be good too depending on the DJ.

I wouldn't venture into Voodoo Lounge if I were you. The music and crowd are extremly cheesy (loads of shiny shirt guidos with glow sticks) and the music is utter crap. Stereo is a little better, depending on the DJ.

But as Shroomy advises Sutra is your best bet in Fort Lauderdale. Friday night they have a dj from Miami (can't remember his name and Saturday's Vaughan and Sheldon). The quality of the sound system is OK but needs some work. Good vibe in there though does tend to get quite crowded to the point its hard to move.

dont go there thats like a wanna be club.....

It looks like straight out of a scene from that Saturday night skit that later became a movie about the two guys bobbing thier head and going "clubbing"

the music is y-100 trance and the crowd goes nuts when they play stuff like 9pm till i come ....nice song ....(in 1997 !!)

the upside is there some cheap bimbos always circling around the dancelfoor as if it were the indy 500....not a bad place to get some cheap action.:laugh:

not to mention thier doorstaff there believe they are working at Studio 54.

for quick entry wear excessive jewelry, shiny shirts, chew lots of gum, load up the hair with gel and hairspray, spalsh on some brut cologne, make sure your on your cell phone constantly saying cool stuff like "dude were going to party", drink bottle beer as if it were running out of the face of the earth....