Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I anyone really going to pay that much to see Sasha?

solcofn

Really, I mean it is bad enough that it takes 5 years for him to come back around to this area but then to have the tickets cost close to 50 bucks...WTF!!!! And what they hell is with the "Skybox" tickets....what, do you get to blow them too?.....sorry had to vent......:blown:

Part of the reason for the cost is the fact that he hasn't been around in 5 years and may not be back soon. And if this event goes longer than the typical 6 hours and Sasha plays a long set, then it's worth the extra $20 (since stuff like this always coests at least $25 anyway). And, yes, I'm sure a lot of us are going to go.

Sky box or no sky box, 45 or 75, it isnt Sasha's fault. Its all a business and he's in demand. And if Buzz really wanted to screw us all, they could have booked Van M. Burridge, & Sasha separetely and charged $25-30 for each event.

I'll be there.

I've said this once, and I'll say it again. Don't ever blame the seller for the price. They are just selling it at what the consumers (us) are willing to pay. So yes, I will be going. And I may even get a skybox ticket, cause to me, it'll be worth paying an extra $30 to cut the line. So don't blame Sasha. Don't blame Buzz. The reason the tickets cost so much is simple economics. Supply and Demand. Cause if Buzz doesn't pay Sasha a large sum of money to spin, some other club will. And because they have to pay a large sum of money, the price of the tickets have to be more expensive. So take a stand if you want, but you'll be standing by yourself, or with a lonely few. And if you don't believe that, just look at clubs all over the world and see how the man sells out every event...

Originally posted by raver_mania

My g-friend and I will be there ($45 apiece). We also paid $67 for S&D in NYC...and you know what...I bitched and moaned too, but after that phenomenal show...I haven't said a word since about $$!

I saw your girlfriend at Malanee's place when Howells was here but I didn't really meet her. Maybe I will next time.

Originally posted by bail

I remember paying $20-$30 to see both Sasha and Digweed at Twilo and them spinning until 9-10 am. $45 is rediculous in my opinion, but I am jaded and have seen him spin several times.

But again, everything comes back to what shady says, its the business and the offer and the demand, and for those of us who work we know how that is. If we get a better offer elsewhere that pays more $$ and is more attractive to us, we take it, unless our current empliyer improves our salary and standing in our company etc.

Originally posted by vicman

But again, everything comes back to what shady says, its the business and the offer and the demand, and for those of us who work we know how that is. If we get a better offer elsewhere that pays more $$ and is more attractive to us, we take it, unless our current empliyer improves our salary and standing in our company etc.

Also, if you calculate the expenses for any given night out, you'll find that a $45 admission really doesn't make that much difference, all things considered:

- Pills (1-3) - $20 - $60

- Red Bull & Vodka (2-3) - $14 - $21

- Beer (4-6) - $16 - $24

- Water (2-3) - $5 - $7.50

- Cab ride - $20

- Normal admission to Buzz - $15

Total cost: $90 - $147.50

So, on the low end you have a $90 night. On the high end, you have a $147.50 night. Now add $30 to that to figure out how much for the Sasha night. Now you're talking between $120 - $177.50 for the whole night. Not really that big of a difference in magnitude when you talk about total money spent for the night. Except, you can probably figure you won't need as many drugs or alcohol cause the music will be good.

And yes, maybe it's the principle. Yada, yada, yada. But in my experience, people with principle never have any fun. :D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Also, if you calculate the expenses for any given night out, you'll find that a $45 admission really doesn't make that much difference, all things considered:

- Pills (1-3) - $20 - $60

- Red Bull & Vodka (2-3) - $14 - $21

- Beer (4-6) - $16 - $24

- Water (2-3) - $5 - $7.50

- Cab ride - $20

- Normal admission to Buzz - $15

Total cost: $90 - $147.50

So, on the low end you have a $90 night. On the high end, you have a $147.50 night. Now add $30 to that to figure out how much for the Sasha night. Now you're talking between $120 - $177.50 for the whole night. Not really that big of a difference in magnitude when you talk about total money spent for the night. Except, you can probably figure you won't need as many drugs or alcohol cause the music will be good.

And yes, maybe it's the principle. Yada, yada, yada. But in my experience, people with principle never have any fun. :D

BTW, if you're not a big drug fiend and an alcoholic like me, then obviously, these numbers don't apply to you. But my point is still valid. :D

Originally posted by bail

I remember paying $20-$30 to see both Sasha and Digweed at Twilo and them spinning until 9-10 am. $45 is rediculous in my opinion, but I am jaded and have seen him spin several times.

Twilo was already charging $35 on S&D nights by the time I started catching them there. Prices have gone up everywhere for everything, including clubs, and prices have gone up even moreso for more popular acts. You should also keep in mind that since Twilo had them every month that it wasn't a big event like having Sasha once in five years is. And I know it would be nice to have Digweed there, but am I really the only person who's excited to see Burridge? Imagine if they had managed to get Craig Richards instead of Jimmy Van M and had a Tyrant night at Buzz. That would have been the shit. But JVM is cool, too.

Originally posted by Kuro

Twilo was already charging $35 on S&D nights by the time I started catching them there. Prices have gone up everywhere for everything, including clubs, and prices have gone up even moreso for more popular acts. You should also keep in mind that since Twilo had them every month that it wasn't a big event like having Sasha once in five years is. And I know it would be nice to have Digweed there, but am I really the only person who's excited to see Burridge? Imagine if they had managed to get Craig Richards instead of Jimmy Van M and had a Tyrant night at Buzz. That would have been the shit. But JVM is cool, too.

Dude, if the lineup were just JVM and Burridge, I'd still pay $45 for the night. Burridge rocked it at 9:30. He's the next Sasha in my opinion. When Sasha retires, Burridge will be there to pick up where he left off. Burridge works the crowd and jumps up and down and dances around like a fool up there. It's amazing to watch him spin. If him and Sasha tag team at all, we're in for one helluva treat. Honestly, I'm just as psyched to see Burridge again as I am to see Sasha!

Van M spinned an incredible opening set at Cipriani's over Thanksgiving, the guy is totally incredible, his mixing is tight and the way he worked up the intensity for S&D was just unbelivable.

I ve heard all that stuff about Burridge, and I just cant wait ti see him.

Originally posted by vicman

Van M spinned an incredible opening set at Cipriani's over Thanksgiving, the guy is totally incredible, his mixing is tight and the way he worked up the intensity for S&D was just unbelivable.

I ve heard all that stuff about Burridge, and I just cant wait ti see him.

Remember how PVD was scratching and backspinning at Radiate? That's bushleague compared to Burridge's turntablist skills. Multiply PVD's skills by 100 and that's Burridge's abilities. He doesn't leave the cross fader, EQ, or vinyl alone for more than a minute.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Remember how PVD was scratching and backspinning at Radiate? That's bushleague compared to Burridge's turntablist skills. Multiply PVD's skills by 100 and that's Burridge's abilities. He doesn't leave the cross fader, EQ, or vinyl alone for more than a minute.

BTW, JVM is good, and was good at 9:30. But he was totally outspun by Burridge cause they were tag teaming. That's why I'm so psyched to see Burridge spinning with Sasha, cause those two are at the same level and style. I really hope that double it up for a bit. Seeing Burridge fuck the EQ's while Sasha is mixing would be an incredible sight.