Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about Halcyon in Brooklyn :^?

I have been meaning to go here for sometime,it sounds like a hip joint.

My friend from New Hamp. is visiting this weekend, and i was hoping to take him there, seeing that he's only 20.

Is it hopping on Saturday nights? Also, can i get some directions to the place (like, is it near DUMBO?)

I know ODI and DB have spun there so it must be a good joint~

Some input from fellow CP mates might come in handy :)

I've only been there once, and it was real chill, but I doubt it ever gets "hopping". It's like a coffee lounge (tho they have some beer and wine) and peeps are just chilling; not really like partying if you know what i mean. there's no dancefloor, but i heard a few good djs in there, and the sound is real good and they have a nice little record store that also has good DJ CDs and other stuff.

Go there after a big night out and relax on a couch to whoever is spinnin, Its a cool joint.

Hugs!

BSG

Halcyon is a great place, but in my experience there it is not a "hopping" scene...it is a chill, listen to beats, sip a coffee/beer, peruse some vinyl, chat with friends old and new type place. I've never been there on a Sat. night so it could be different, but I can tell you for sure there is no dance floor...just a couple couches and 50's/60's retro tables and chairs, and some space in front of the DJ booth- it's like a quirky friend's living room with a coffee bar attched to one side, and a hole-in-the-wall record shop attached to the other. It is a great place to start your evening off, but will probably not satisfy your craving for booty shakin...

WHy not hit up Vinyl afterwards with your underaged friend, then he'll see both sides of the scene!

Directions: Call to be more specific but its on Smith Street (I think there is a subway stop there) in Carroll Gardens off of Atlantic... in relation to DUMBO its further Southeast but not very far...10min by car.

Originally posted by blueskygirl

I've only been there once, and it was real chill, but I doubt it ever gets "hopping". It's like a coffee lounge (tho they have some beer and wine) and peeps are just chilling; not really like partying if you know what i mean. there's no dancefloor, but i heard a few good djs in there, and the sound is real good and they have a nice little record store that also has good DJ CDs and other stuff.

Go there after a big night out and relax on a couch to whoever is spinnin, Its a cool joint.

Hugs!

BSG

I love we posted at the same time and wrote almost the exact same thing with "hopping" in quotes.