Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ffwd

I'm trying to find this cd by a group of people called FFWD. It was released in '94 and I bought it, but lost it somewhere n my travels. I would be highly greatful if someone had this cd, and wouldn't mind burning a copy for me. monetary compensation could be worked out if necessary. Thanks in advance.

P. S. Read below for some more info on this awesome trippy CD.

FFWD stands for Thomas Fehlmann (Sun Electric), Robert Fripp, Kris Weston, and Dr. Alex Paterson (the latter two of the Orb), and as that lineup suggests, was probably ambient's first supergroup. Although a one-off project with no certain plans of reconvening, the album resulting from the few days in the studio spent recording it is a landmark of experimental ambient and surprisingly unlike the various projects its contributors are known for. Closest in feel perhaps to some of the Orb's more recent releases (Pomme Fritz and Orbus Terrarum), FFWD deviates strongly in its sparseness and subtlety. Fripp's guitar is heavily atmospheric and subjected to the sort of heaping effects processing Fehlmann and Weston are known for; Paterson reportedly recorded hours of the virtuoso just noodling around on his six-string and assembled the bits into usable passages only after the fact. Thanks to inspired arrangements and an emphasis on texture, FFWD is also one of only a few albums to successfully figure the guitar in a central position without sounding off-balance or obligatory