Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Huge Thanks for NYC Advice

judson

To all who advised me re: NYC clubbing, much thanks.

We had a fantastic time at Vinyl on Friday. What a fantastic time. DT trainwrecked a couple of times, but it was all good.

1 question though: is the hoochie look back? The Vinyl crowd was 80% boys and 18% hoochie B&T girls. very odd.

Saturday night we went to the Roxy, which was ok. Peter Rauhaufer is a horrible dj, though.

After the Roxy we went to Exit for Junior. It's taken me about 10 times to learn this, but he is a horrible dj. Very boring style. The club was fun, though.

All in all, we had a great time, but I definitely learned something about buzz/Velvet/Nation. The DC scene smacks the shit out of NYC. Maybe it's because I hit Nation every weekend and it's my hometown, but the Nation space is incredible, the sound is good (both Vinyl and the Roxy were too loud and the speakers were definitely unhappy), and the people are generally really nice. Also, I feel like you definitely have to bring the fun with you to a NYC club. While at Nation, you can bring yourself and meet some really nice people. The communities at buzz and Velvet are really incredible. It's a unique scene and moment.

out,

judson