Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How did it all get started?

vicman

Kind of a DC CP Celebrity Profile, how did everyone start getting interested in the music, club, rave etc. scene?

Was it by accident, because of a friend who took you to a club that played great music and you got hooked, because you had time to spare one day in a record store and listened to a few CD's and listened to some great trance/house/techno etc. CD ???

How?.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... very well, where do i begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

...and then I stumbled upon the music...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by vicman

Kind of a DC CP Celebrity Profile, how did everyone start getting interested in the music, club, rave etc. scene?

Was it by accident, because of a friend who took you to a club that played great music and you got hooked, because you had time to spare one day in a record store and listened to a few CD's and listened to some great trance/house/techno etc. CD ???

How?.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hmmmmmmm....well i have been in music since i was 7 years old..musically inclined..liked all kinds of music...vocal training since i was 12...then i guess it escalated when i started dancing and started getting little side jobs dancing here and there and in college...then i met a producer in nyc that helps me and then i continued to meet ppl by networking in the WMC, im in the process of doing some stuff with some other producers in nyc (names not mentioned until we are finished), but i love the vibe and i love the attention and i love performing..ok im done...;)

:bounce:

cd

Moi? I was heavy into hip-hop and R&B clubs for years. I started clubbing when I was 14. But it wasn't until I moved to DC 3 years ago that I got into this type of scene. A friend of mine dragged me to Heaven and I ended up having a blast. In the last two years I've been able to hear some REALLY good DJs and got addicted to the scene. It's painful for me to go back to Heaven now!

uh...thanks shady for your insight...i think :D

well fer me, after years and years of cheesy bars and clubs, i finally saw the light one fatefull summer night @ Crobar in MIA. Wasnt planning on, wasnt thinking on it, but it swept me away.

Further expeditions down there expanded my taste, for as, shipwrecked in the redneck confines of Tampa, utter desperation set upon me quite frequently. Very trite I must add.

Moved to NYC 2 1/2 years ago and first discovered Limelight, trance it was, cheese it was not. My first love was born: trance. I later stumbled upon Twilo and Vinyl, but still I didnt consider myself lost in the music abyss that now a days engulfs and captivates me.

Now I am here. Then I met you guys, and here is where I am, at my present looking aback in my future and looking forward to my past.

honestly. . .i blame it all on my babysitter! she babysat me when i was 7 till about 9 yrs old. jojo (joanne) was apart of the infamous faboo crew of clubkids at medusa's in chicago. she'd bring over chuckie cuddles all the time. i'd hear them talking about their nights out. played their mix tapes. they even wore the crazy cool clothes, allahdat. they were just soooo cool. . . . :laugh:

that never left my mind. i 'rediscovered' house music when i was 15. went to parties/raves. never heard music that moved me like that, or a vibe/feeling like that anywhere. did the partykid thing for a while. . .grew old fast. . .esp. w/the growing popularity of raves, shady promoters stealing kids' money, more and more busts . . .took a break for a while (that's actually when i started to pay even more attention to the music, really decided upon my preferences- vowed never to listen to happy hardcore again) . . . .landed in clubs.

so it's been like five years i'm i'm still not tired of it. . . . . .scary.

Groove (soundtrack). My gateway drug...err, I mean disc.

Summer 2000, wasn't into the music or scene, but my girlfriend of the time was an ex-raver (she had been in the scene since like '94, had some great stories). She took me to see Groove when it was playing in Georgetown. A couple weeks later, I remember thinking the music in the movie was pretty cool, so I picked up the cd. That was it. A month later I was at Twilo catching Sasha and Digweed...

... and I've been happy ever since. ;)

I still play that disc all the time. If you're ever around me doing the chillout thing after a night out, you WILL hear Infinitely Gentle Blows (Scott Hardkiss Aural Hallucination Mix) alter)ring.