Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Special Thanks to The Staff @ Joeys on Friday for making last Friday the best yet

As everyone knows I am the promotional manager of Joeys Night Club. Sometimes it is hard to thank everyone for all the hard work they have done to make a night so successful. Well for those that were there last Friday, Joey's was off the hook. I want to take this time to thank certain people for their help. If I forget someone don't hate me.

First, I want to thank Adam, Bill and the rest of their staff for getting the word out to everyone about Adam's birthday and everything else that went on. PS> Happy birthday again.

Next, the single most important thing in a night club. The MUSIC. I feel I have the best resident DJ in the state (this is my opinion, its not a comment for controversy). Though Kirk might not have the name that alot of other DJs do he seems to never have that off night. That is a symbol of excellence. This past Friday though he really seemed to be on the top of the game.

Next, want to thank my door people and co-managers/bosses, for putting up with the constant headache u get from me and the other people about comps at the door. I understand u guys are doing a job and u do a damn good job of it.

Next, the bartenders. What more can I say. I read alot about clubs that have bartenders that have no clue. Well that is the last comment that can be used by my staff. I can honestly say I have the best collection of bartenders around.

Last, got to thank Joey and Dean with letting me run with this project and not giving me too much gripe about it.

Originally posted by cmb1975

ARE YOU FUCKIN INSANE!?!?!?!

Now, Im not one to start drama, or put anyone down...but Friday's music BLOWED! I heard fuckin Sandstorm for christ's sake!!!!

Like I said I will not make this a debate. How many DJs do u know that can play for a diverse crowd where there are just turned 21 year olds and people that are in their late 20s not many. He plays for the crowd not for himself. That is what makes him so good. He is not going to play the newest tracks all night becuase he has to play for everyone. If music like sandstorm sucks so bad why do people go crazy when a club does a retro night. Enough said.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by stigeleiro

As everyone knows I am the promotional manager of Joeys Night Club. Sometimes it is hard to thank everyone for all the hard work they have done to make a night so successful. Well for those that were there last Friday, Joey's was off the hook. I want to take this time to thank certain people for their help. If I forget someone don't hate me.

First, I want to thank Adam, Bill and the rest of their staff for getting the word out to everyone about Adam's birthday and everything else that went on. PS> Happy birthday again.

Next, the single most important thing in a night club. The MUSIC. I feel I have the best resident DJ in the state (this is my opinion, its not a comment for controversy). Though Kirk might not have the name that alot of other DJs do he seems to never have that off night. That is a symbol of excellence. This past Friday though he really seemed to be on the top of the game.

Next, want to thank my door people and co-managers/bosses, for putting up with the constant headache u get from me and the other people about comps at the door. I understand u guys are doing a job and u do a damn good job of it.

Next, the bartenders. What more can I say. I read alot about clubs that have bartenders that have no clue. Well that is the last comment that can be used by my staff. I can honestly say I have the best collection of bartenders around.

Last, got to thank Joey and Dean with letting me run with this project and not giving me too much gripe about it.

Yo, I think I met you at temps and as I remeber you were cool, but isn't this just another promo post which you are blowing your own horn...You don't have to thank any one, its their JOB.....Keep this garbage on the promo board or send the ppl a pm or something...........This shit is gettting real old with the promoters..........................I aint stating that friday was great or bad all I'm saying is that if it was great which you stated you don't need to tut your own horn all the time..............

Originally posted by saleen351

Yo, I think I met you at temps and as I remeber you were cool, but isn't this just another promo post which you are blowing your own horn...You don't have to thank any one, its their JOB.....Keep this garbage on the promo board or send the ppl a pm or something...........This shit is gettting real old with the promoters..........................I aint stating that friday was great or bad all I'm saying is that if it was great which you stated you don't need to tut your own horn all the time..............

I cant believe Im actually agreeing with Saleen. Scary thought.

And as far as Friday goes...I never said the guy was a bad DJ, I never said the DJ sucked...I said the music sucked. Thats MO, thats allowed as well. I think someone can play to the crowd without having to play KTU's greatest hits.

Originally posted by saleen351

Saleen,

Yes u did meet me over the summer with ur boys Manny and ur DJ icon Richie Santana. I do not need to blow my own horn. My horn gets blown enough. About PMs do u think I have time to find out what everyones screen name is on the board. I don't. Dont read the subject if u don't like the thread. I just sent that out blowing everyone elses horn that works with me. In no way does what I do come up in this email. You want me to get started with that, I will. hahaha. Saleen, I am not one of these guys that get mad at what people say to me on this board. It is all out of fun and constructive criticism. I know that is why u dont post under ur own name like I do becuase i can dish it out and take it and I dont care if everyone knows who i am. So thanks again for the opinion I will really value it the next time I want to write and thank the people that make my life easier.

Guest saleen351

I know that is why u dont post under ur own name like I do becuase i can dish it out and take it and I dont care if everyone knows who i am. .

what the hell does that mean???? I only have one screen name and its been the same from day one. My real name is nick and 90% of ppl on here knows that. I wasn't trying to attack you I just stated my opinon.

Originally posted by sin-sational

I'm good friends with Cujean Dean and hey if you wanted to shout out thanks than by all means. Everyone needs an ego boost and some positivity is nice on this board from time to time.'

This Friday christmas party right?

My christmas party is next friday with Denny. The 21st

If music like sandstorm sucks so bad why do people go crazy when a club does a retro night. Enough said.

I don't think she was saying the song sucks(even though it does IMO) but she was really just trying to say that by spinning a song like that, the DJ has no originality........I mean, you can hire me and I'll just go up and throw in NYC Underground Volumes 1-4 in that order and I'm sure the crowd will love it........does that make me the "best resident DJ in New Jersey"? c'mon, wake up.

Sure, the guy is probably a great local, party DJ but please don't compare him to other DJs who have pushed their style regardless of how "KTU hungry" the crowd is and worked to earn people's respect and open their ears to new music.......I have more respect for that even if I don't enjoy the music as opposed to someone who plays the Billboard top 40 for a set........and I'm sure I speak for many others on this issue.......not looking for drama, just want you to be aware of an opposing opinion :)

ps please keep the Surf Club DJs strong next summer.....last summer was great!

Originally posted by tyco

I don't think she was saying the song sucks(even though it does IMO) but she was really just trying to say that by spinning a song like that, the DJ has no originality........I mean, you can hire me and I'll just go up and throw in NYC Underground Volumes 1-4 in that order and I'm sure the crowd will love it........does that make me the "best resident DJ in New Jersey"? c'mon, wake up.

Sure, the guy is probably a great local, party DJ but please don't compare him to other DJs who have pushed their style regardless of how "KTU hungry" the crowd is and worked to earn people's respect and open their ears to new music.......I have more respect for that even if I don't enjoy the music as opposed to someone who plays the Billboard top 40 for a set........and I'm sure I speak for many others on this issue.......not looking for drama, just want you to be aware of an opposing opinion :)

ps please keep the Surf Club DJs strong next summer.....last summer was great!

Tyco,

Now, I definitely understand where cmb was coming from with their original post, thanks. About Kirk, he has been around this industry for at least 10 years so he is no spring chicken. About Sundays at the Surf, he is the resident. Kirk is no KTU type DJ he plays what the particular crowd plays when its there. C'mon he even played "Someone to Hold" by Veronica. At one point, that song was very KTUish. How many DJs can go from Sandstorm to Andrea Martin to Veronica to Andrea Brown to Kim English. Not many and the ones that can don't like doing it. I am just saying he plays for us, the crowd, and not too hard to keep him happy.

SERGE, THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT BUT AT THE SAME TIME YOU THREW ME TO THE WOLVES.......TO CMB1975 (NO OFFENSE TAKEN BY YOUR COMMENT) I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REALIZED OR NOT BUT THE FRIDAY WHICH YOU ATTENDED JOEY'S WAS A KTU RSL NIGHT WITH DJ ENCORE AS A TRACK ACT AND DIANE PRYOR AS THE KTU PERSONALITY. SO THERFORE DON'T YOU THINK I SHOULD BACK THE PROMOTION AND SHOW WITH THE MUSIC WHICH CATERS TO THAT PARTICLAR CROWD JOEY WAS SHOOTING FOR. YOU CANT GET ANY MORE KTU THAN A RSL PROMOTION WITH A TOP 10 BILLBOARD ACT. SO WHAT I SHOULD OF DONE IS EDUCATED EVERYONE IN THE CROWD WITH ALL THE HARD AS NAILS PROGRESSIVE MUSIC AND TRIBAL BEATS I HAVE TO WIN THE RESPECT OF YOURSELF AND TYCO(NO DISRESPECT).

NOW JOEY'S IS AN INTERESTING VENUE DUE TO THE DIVERSITY OF THE CROWD. NOW THE THING ABOUT CLUB PLANET IS THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO POST ARE WAY AHEAD OF THE

MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO GO TO JERSEY CLUBS (MUSICALLY THAT IS). NOW ONE THING I LEARNED VERY EARLY IN MY CAREER (AND KEEP IN MIND I HAVE BEEN SPINNING IN JERSEY SINCE THE EARLY 80'S)IS THAT PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO BE EDUCATED MUSICALLY ALL THE TIME... ESPECIALLY IN A CLUB LIKE JOEY'S. THEY LIKE TO HEAR WHAT THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH MOST OF THE TIME BE IT KTU MUSIC OR OLDER HOUSE OR COMMERCIAL PROGRESSIVE(DERB, SANDSTORM, WHATEVER). THE OTHER THING WHICH YOU MUST TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION IS THAT JOEY'S NEVER HAD A SUCCESSFUL FRIDAY UNTIL NOW. THE FRIDAYS LAST YEAR WERE

TOTALLY GEARED TO THE OLDER CROWD AND IT'S TOUGH TO BREAK THAT REPUTATION. THE CROWD IS GENERALLY YOUNG BUT YOU DO GET A COUPLE OF SOPRANOS WANNABEES HANGIN' OUT BUT THEY DON'T BOTHER ANYONE AND THEY SPEND A LOT OF MONEY. THE NEW FRIDAY IS DEFINITELY GETTING BETTER FROM WEEK TO WEEK. WE ARE NOT GOING AFTER THE METRO OR IMAGE CROWD. WE DID BETTER THAN BUNKA AND ABYSS THIS FRI.

NOW TYCO, BASICALLY YOU HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR A DJ WHO PLAYES NEW MUSIC THAT YOU DON'T ENJOY(REALLY) AS OPPOSED TO SOMEONE WHO PLAYS THE BILLBOARD TOP 40 FOR A SET...................TYCO (NOTHING PERSONAL) I COULD SEE IF SOMEONE PLAYED MUSIC YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU DID ENJOY,

BUT TO STATE THAT YOU BASICALLY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ME BECAUSE I PLAYED DEBORAH COX OR JESSICA FOLKER FOR A COMMERCIAL CROWD IS A VERY STUPID STATEMENT...........YOU SHOULD THINK THINGS THROUGH BEFORE YOU MAKE A STAND LIKE THAT..MAYBE YOU JUST PHRASED IT WRONG.I'M SURE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED

THE GREAT THING ABOUT THIS COUNTRY IS THAT WE HAVE CHOICES. IF YOU DON'T LIKE JOEY'S GO TO METRO.........IF YOU DON'T LIKE JERSEY CLUBS....GO TO THE CITY.IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!!!I GET TIRED OF EVERYBODY BITCHIN' ABOUT JERSEY AND HOW BAD ALL THE CLUBS SUCK AND NYC IS THE BEST.....GO TO THE CITY AND STAY THERE AND STOP CRYIN'. ........... NOW FOR SERGE TO STATE THAT I AM THE BEST RESIDENT IN JERSEY IS FLATTERING..........I DID NOT ASK HIM FOR SUCH A COMPLIMENT......HE JUST HAS GREAT CONFIDENCE IN ME WHICH IS GREAT BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MAKES US A GOOD TEAM ALONG WITH THE JOEY'S STAFF...........NJ HAS A TON OF GREAT RESIDENTS (MANNY, TEO T, RICHIE SANTANA, SAL PARM, RICHIE RYDELL, ANDREW MENDEZ, DENNY, JOE FEDICO, NICK SABILIA, SHANE CHRISTIAN, RIZZO AND CALLE)....WE ALL HAVE OUR FOLLOWINGS AND EACH OF US IS GOOD IN OUR OWN WAYS....IT'S AN ENDLESS ARGUEMENT ON WHO IS THE BEST AND WHO PLAYES THIS OR THAT.........

NOW TYCO AND CMB1975 YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE YOUR OPINIONS AND I RESPECT THAT AND ALWAYS LISTEN TO CRITISIZM GOOD OR BAD..IF YOU GUYS EVER DO MAKE AND APPEARANCE AT BUNKA(SAT) OR JOEY'S(FRI) MAKE SURE YOU COME AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND I'LL BUY YOU A COUPLE OF DRINKS WITH THE MONEY I MADE AS A SELLOUT DJ.....MANY DJ'S DO MAKE A STAND PLAYING MUSIC THEY LOVE, THEY CREATE THERE OWN STYLES WHICH PEOPLE FOLLOW THEM FOR........THE JOCKS WHO FIND SUCCESS ARE FAR AND FEW...........THERE''S NO GLORY IN PLAYING MUSIC YOU LOVE IN YOUR BASSMENT AND THERE'S DEFINITELY NO FUCKIN' MONEY IN IT...........

ANYWAY YOU GAVE YOU 2 CENTS,,,,,,,,,I GAVE YOU 2 DOLLARS

NOW BEING I'M ON A ROLL I WANNA SEND A BIG EARLY IN THE WEE FU TO THE SOUNDMAN AT PLATNUM.........A FRIEND OF MINE WAS ADDING SOME LAST MINUTE PROGRAMS TO THE LIGHTING...........THE SOUND INSTALLER WAS BASHING STEVE DASH, MIKE CONNACHIO AND MYSELF...........NOW STEVE PUT THE SOUND IN TWILO AND ABYSS AND PLACES EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD.............MIKE CONNACHIO IS THE KING OF ALL SOUND INSTALLERS( TEMPTATIONS, SOUNDGARDEN, BUNKA, SURF CLUB, XS, AND THE LIST GOES ON.....................NOW I INSTALL LIGHTING SYSTEMS IN CLUBS AND MY LIST OF REFERENCES ARE TEMPTATIONS, HUNKA BUNKA, ABYSS SOUNDGARDEN,JOEY'S CLIFTON, SURF CLUB, STONE PONY, PARADISE (ASBURY) PARADISE (SAYREVILLE).......SO FOR THIS ASSHOLE TO BASH MY WORK IS STUPID CONSIDERING NONE OF US EVERY HEARD OF HIM............STICK TO GOGO BAR INSTALLS AND LEAVE THE BIG CLUBS FOR US......................NOW I FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said I will not make this a debate. How many DJs do u know that can play for a diverse crowd where there are just turned 21 year olds and people that are in their late 20s not many. He plays for the crowd not for himself. That is what makes him so good. He is not going to play the newest tracks all night becuase he has to play for everyone. If music like sandstorm sucks so bad why do people go crazy when a club does a retro night. Enough said.

Was it just me, or did u hear "twist and shout" for the 60 year olds also?:laugh:

the song wasn't the twist...........that's much too fast for the joey's crowd............i actually played a glenn miller track from his 50's boxset collection..............xxplash-didn't i see you doing the foxtrot with a lady in her 70's .......serge maybe we should change the friday name to FOXTROT FRIDAYS or something like that...............................anyway after dancing to the oldies don't forget to come see VAN HALEN KAROKIE WITH JOE JR........we offer a true variety on friday.............AFTER ALL WE DO OFFER A VARIETY ON FRIDAYS................LOL