Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good Clubs/Guestlists??

josiah

I just moved to D.C. from NYC. I've been to Platinum and Glow, and China Room in Baltimore, none of which were my cup of tea, but I'll settle for what I can get. Where are the good parties? Do they even have guestlists in D.C.? Other than this proposterous Sasha nonsense. Anyone who has seen him in Twilo knows he's not worth that kind of money. How are these clubs I've heard of: Edge, Buzz, Glow, Nation and 5? I'm into Little Louie Vega, and the Body & Sould trio: Danny Krivit, Joe Claussel and Francios K. So I obviously like house and garage (and also jungle) but I don't mind a little trance and techno. Is there any club in D.C. that resembles what they have in NYC's Vinyl?

Not at all. though, there was one time, i was stuck on that wood dancefloor at the edge, early in the morning, like 5 people left, all they had going was the smoke and strobe, nature love-speak softly was playing, felt like a old skool house party. . . lovely.

for real househeads though, you should try red on thurs (saeed and palash, tom blondet) and sun (sam the man burns), sometimes tim richardson shows. . . andalu's got the district soul family playin on tues or wed (not sure). . .chocolate fridays at the 14th estate rotates local talent, but it's all good house (ray casil did billie jean waaaay before layo/bushwacka. . .). . .oh and vicman just told us about vicki's, also on fridays, for sam the man burns, dj ojii, and RON TRENT!

oh and to answer your questions, 5 is a hella decent place for house on fridays now that m3 promotes, supposedly they're going to bring in mark farina one of these days. . .

nation is where you'll get all the big name djs you mentioned, louis vega, masters at work, roger sanchez (ok maybe not. . they've got a huge progressive house/trance agenda over there)

but the edge, definitely got to be educated to appreciate their line ups. stellar and m3 (promoters at the edge as a venue) keep it real, bringing in angel alanis in a few weekends . . .

Hello, check out Glow...Saturdays. Residents DJs include, Pete Moutso, George Acosta, Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Edgar V, Cosmic Gate, Talla 2xlc, and D:Fuse. You might want to check out our new monthly 'House' party on the newly renovated (new EAW sound, and lights) third floor. January 26th PAUL JOHNSON (house floor) and Kimball Collins (Main Room). February 16th LITTLE LOUIE VEGA (house floor) and D:Fuse (main room). For more info on events, visit WWW.CLUBGLOW.COM.

Originally posted by clubglow

Hello, check out Glow...Saturdays. Residents DJs include, Pete Moutso, George Acosta, Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Edgar V, Cosmic Gate, Talla 2xlc, and D:Fuse. You might want to check out our new monthly 'House' party on the newly renovated (new EAW sound, and lights) third floor. January 26th PAUL JOHNSON (house floor) and Kimball Collins (Main Room). February 16th LITTLE LOUIE VEGA (house floor) and D:Fuse (main room). For more info on events, visit WWW.CLUBGLOW.COM.

sweeeet...i still dont know why they have salsa and merengue upstairs but with the house party upstairs I will definitely be checking Glow more often now.....as if I havent for the past 2 months...:D

Originally posted by josiah

yeah ron trent has a weekly thing at shine with little louie vega. i think it's a thursday but i can't remember the name of the party. it was "live sessions" or something like that. great party though. are you from nyc too?

no, chicago (hence the house. . .okok, i'll stop w/that. . .house music is everywhere. . . but yo everyone know's in the beginning jack was from chicago :D ).

clubglow: is the paul johnson date confirmed? if it is, i'm definitely there. . .

umm, depends on what you think 'big' is. there's lack of love for local talent in chicago (but that's everywhere). but she's a great dj. i look up to her mainly b/c of her being apart of the superjane crew (all female dj family). i know chicago djs get a lot of love outside the city though. they play int'l gigs for lots more money than local residencies. . .how was her reception in dallas?

she was surprisingly well-received. towards the end of the night when all the drunk cruisers stumbled out, the clubbers stuck around (late by dallas standards) just to listen. the last 10-15 min. were filled with gracious oohs and ahhhs from the clubbers. i was surprised they all had the taste to appreciate someone they never really heard of. there isnt a large clubbing crowd anywhere in dallas. a dj friend of mine down there said sasha and digweed had come down a couple years earlier and only about 150-200 showed up (hahaha). maybe it was a hint for them to get over themselves and lower the cover charges. either way they havent been back since. a quality dj like dj heather will be back i'm sure, and with a large crowd next time.

I can offer you list at various places and for certain parties, PM me if you want the details, I've said it a bunch already though so i won't bother posting again. Anyways, check out Red... great little place. Also check out Modern Sundays, I haven't gotten there yet but you can ask the others here :)