Clubplanet Nightlife Community

trend Dj Max Graham dec 27th

Guest bonsolidd

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by gianna01

I had to post because this is a good thing!!!!!!!!! A non-nj/ny DJ in Nj 2 thumbs up! MAX WE LOVE U!:hump: :hump: :hump:

WHATS THIS, A PROMOTERS POST, WITH AT LEAST 3 OF HIS BUDDIES THEN OUT OF NO WHERE, A NEWBIE SHOWS UP WITH 1 FREAKING POST..............WHAT ARE THE ODDS...............HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SERIOUSLY I'VE SEEN MAX GRAM, NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max Graham is going to rock the house on December 27th @ Hunka Bunka and that's all that needs to be said about that because it seems everyone here already knows that except Saleen 351. Saleen 351 needs to go back to 1st grade to learn his manners again. No one wants to see your stupid posts so go drool over Saleens, there website is www.saleen.com that will keep you busy for awhile.

SALEEN DOC

R.S.O. -->Real Saleen Owner

99-205 & 89-550 incase you were curious!!!

Originally posted by saleen351

WHATS THIS, A PROMOTERS POST, WITH AT LEAST 3 OF HIS BUDDIES THEN OUT OF NO WHERE, A NEWBIE SHOWS UP WITH 1 FREAKING POST..............WHAT ARE THE ODDS...............HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

i think saleen is onto something here...lemme think...a newbie shows up with 1 freakin post to make this promotion look good..to so damn obvious that this is another terrorist conspiracy to infiltrate the inner workings of club life...once in they will send subliminal messages through speaker systems and have everyone in the clubs fall into a trance...thats really fucked up fuckin terrorists..now i'm really goin

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by saleendoc

Max Graham is going to rock the house on December 27th @ Hunka Bunka and that's all that needs to be said about that because it seems everyone here already knows that except Saleen 351. Saleen 351 needs to go back to 1st grade to learn his manners again. No one wants to see your stupid posts so go drool over Saleens, there website is www.saleen.com that will keep you busy for awhile.

SALEEN DOC

R.S.O. -->Real Saleen Owner

99-205 & 89-550 incase you were curious!!!

I DON'T NEED TO LEARN MY MANNERS, ITS YOU GUYS, I'M DOGING YOU IDIOTS ON EVERY SINGLE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAX GRAM SUCKS, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY......LIKE I DID!!!!!!!!

I DON'T NEED TO LEARN MY MANNERS, ITS YOU GUYS, I'M DOGING YOU IDIOTS ON EVERY SINGLE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAX GRAM SUCKS, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY......LIKE I DID!!!!!!!!

ok you idiot, you spelled "doging" wrong, its dogging, and gram is spelled graham, and if you knew anything about music you would know Max does not suck, I seriously hate you. I dont know you, but I hate you, am I a scumabg promoter like the rest. I do not post my parties (because I do not have time for trash like you at my parties) on here but I am a promoter.......saleen get a life you loser, and as I said before PM me for my address I would be happy to meet you. Also "saleendoc" is that the herb doc??

You may or may not like what Max does. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion on that subject.

On the other hand you really need to acknowledge and give credit to the Bon Solidd crew for having the absolute balls to book a non NY/NJ circuit DJ. How many times have people on this board complained that NJ will never change. That NJ does not know what is up, that NJ needs to take their collective heads out of their asses and see what has been going on in the rest of the dance music world.

Personally I'm a little tired of the diet of KTU music, tired cheesy hardhouse masquerading as quote "progressive house", and other cheesy cliched tracks I hear everytime I give going out in NJ a chance.

I wish that more NJ promoters or owners would pick up a trade magazine (MIXER, URB, etc) and get a clue about what is really happening. I hope that some of the people on Bon's list for future consideration include people like:

Taylor

Sandra Collins

Chris Lawrence

Rabbit In The Moon

Bassbin Twins

Marquess Wyatt

Carl Cox

Kimball Collins

John Debo

Mark Lewis

Luis Diaz

George Acosta

Scott Henry

I was offered a comp for the Max Graham thing, but I turned it down. I will pay, because if I really believe what I say (and I do), NJ peeps need to come out and support.

If there is not a financial incentive for owners and promoters to book this type of talent, then we will be stuck with the same old thing, the same crap (and yes it is crap!) that NJ has been suffering for the last 5-10 years. Promoters and owners believe in one thing: dollars.

If we show them we are willing to pay for this type of thing, then there will be more of it. If not, then your stuck with the cheese NJ peeps.

IT'S YOUR SCENE, I SAY COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR SCENE!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by laraver

You may or may not like what Max does. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion on that subject.

On the other hand you really need to acknowledge and give credit to the Bon Solidd crew for having the absolute balls to book a non NY/NJ circuit DJ. How many times have people on this board complained that NJ will never change. That NJ does not know what is up, that NJ needs to take their collective heads out of their asses and see what has been going on in the rest of the dance music world.

Personally I'm a little tired of the diet of KTU music, tired cheesy hardhouse masquerading as quote "progressive house", and other cheesy cliched tracks I hear everytime I give going out in NJ a chance.

I wish that more NJ promoters or owners would pick up a trade magazine (MIXER, URB, etc) and get a clue about what is really happening. I hope that some of the people on Bon's list for future consideration include people like:

Taylor

Sandra Collins

Chris Lawrence

Rabbit In The Moon

Bassbin Twins

Marquess Wyatt

Carl Cox

Kimball Collins

John Debo

Mark Lewis

Luis Diaz

George Acosta

Scott Henry

I was offered a comp for the Max Graham thing, but I turned it down. I will pay, because if I really believe what I say (and I do), NJ peeps need to come out and support.

If there is not a financial incentive for owners and promoters to book this type of talent, then we will be stuck with the same old thing, the same crap (and yes it is crap!) that NJ has been suffering for the last 5-10 years. Promoters and owners believe in one thing: dollars.

If we show them we are willing to pay for this type of thing, then there will be more of it. If not, then your stuck with the cheese NJ peeps.

IT'S YOUR SCENE, I SAY COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR SCENE!

very well put, I'm not gonna argue that, but the ktu crack has no merit, go get JV ktu rip from 2 weeks ago, and tell me that its cheese.......If you need it I'll send it to you.....

If by JV you mean Johnny Viscious, he is very much a part of the NJ/NY circuit of DJ's. Yes his reputation can be considered international given the fact that he has compilations that are part of the MOS/ULTRA Club/Trance Nation series. He does not play cheese, but he is very much a part of the local circuit.

I hope that clarifies my point.

Lets remember one thing, these DJ's in Europe and so forth, when one comes from Germany that is a whole country, take into account that we have a great deal of top DJ's with in the NJ/NY/Philly area, they may not be a Sasha or a Dave Ralph, but there is so many to choose from in such a small radius. They do not all play like the same, some do but most do not, there are so many places to go in NYC alone besides SF, or Exit, you people just need to look harder. Centro FLY, Speed, Vinyl for instance, these places do not play host to NYC Hard House..........shit if you want trance, Philly is trance heaven, you can get subliminal in NYC, and if you want tribal you can get it in Jersey for crying out loud

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeynine999

big big props to bon solidd and the whole bunka team fuck off saleen and grow up u little pussy

cry me a river!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunka Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone hear what happened at the bunka last week?

Let me tell you what happened............. well I'm not gonna say, I'll let it happen to others that go there.

Originally posted by beyourself420

Lets remember one thing, these DJ's in Europe and so forth, when one comes from Germany that is a whole country, take into account that we have a great deal of top DJ's with in the NJ/NY/Philly area, they may not be a Sasha or a Dave Ralph, but there is so many to choose from in such a small radius. They do not all play like the same, some do but most do not, there are so many places to go in NYC alone besides SF, or Exit, you people just need to look harder. Centro FLY, Speed, Vinyl for instance, these places do not play host to NYC Hard House..........shit if you want trance, Philly is trance heaven, you can get subliminal in NYC, and if you want tribal you can get it in Jersey for crying out loud

I think the point trying to be made here is that in the clubs in the Northern NJ/NYC area a certain sound has come to dominate the venues in that area.

By dominate I mean that when a DJ approaches a venue or promoter looking for work they are judged by how closely they are to the sound that is epitomized stylistically by what is being played at clubs like Abyss, Joey's, Metro, Image/Drama, River Street, Tribeca, etc. In those venues, with the exception of one or two nights, the style is quote "progressive house" ( really hardhouse - ie, tribal percussion, female vocals, looped samples, with the occasional trance element thrown in.) Without any judgment as to any of the DJ's skills who work those venues on those nights, it all ends up sounding so similar that you could not tell those venues apart if blindfolded. Most of the music played in those clubs is driven by what is being played on the radio, more specifically what is being played on KTU.

To paraphrase Brittney Somerset - "Radio feeds you an artist, you buy their CD, you memorize their CD, you see them in a club and think wow that was great!"

HOW BORING IS THAT!

You need to look really hard in Northern NJ to find a venue that is different in terms of it's music program from everything else. It has over the last 5 years become very much a cookie cutter syndrome. Promoters and club owners have been unwilling to take chances and that in turn makes it very difficult for a DJ to be different, if they really want to get a lot of work.

I'll agree that it is easier in NYC to find venues that do something different, but in NJ they might as well be copycats for all the difference you can hear.

So for that issue alone I applaud and will support with my dollars what Bon Solidd and Hunka Bunka are attempting to do.

i completley agree with laraver on this and mad props to bonsolidd and hunka bunka for bringin a big name dj to jersey...he's no sasha and diggers but still really good

the jersey clubs do sound the same to me and if i wanted to hear a madonna remix i'll wait to hear it z100 or ktu

the philly scene is pretty good and they bring some really good djs out there too..danny howells spun there couple months ago at shampoo..people from all over went to that party..they can just as easily drive to jersey

i hope this is a TREND of things to come

LETS GET JOSH WINK TO SPIN IN JERSEY DAMMIT!!!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeynine999

yeah tell me what happened in bunka last week i was ther didnt seem like anything happened there at all

why dont you just fuck off saleen u are a loser and u are mad jealous of bon and the hole bunka team cause you wish u could promote as good as they do and pull mad people to the clubs

I've never promoted a club ever. Never! ask around.

And for what happened last week, I'll give a hint.............

there is only 3 little letters you need to know about................

Saleen351 sounds like a teenager that just turned 18, and went to the city to experience the "city sound," came to a night with actual innovative music but since it didnt sound anything like the hard house he's used to he immediately labelled it bad.

Saleen, how bout having an open mind. You're the only person on this thread that's bad mouthing Max Graham... that should say something. As for the Jersey scene, it isn't going to get any better with people like you who cant even realize that different people have different music tastes.

As for Dec 27th, ... I'll be there in my war paint. :D

It is truly great to see the amount of support that this event has garnered on the board. I look forward to seeing the CP membership turn out and enjoy a DJ who is certainly a cut above the vast majority of DJ's we usually have the pleasure of listening to in NJ.

I hope that in the future Bon and Bunka continue to consider booking some live PA's and other DJ's/artists outside of the mainstream fare that NJ has become so soaked in.

LARAVER

PS - KostaP - You should come down and get exposed to new sounds. I couldn't possibly be that painful for you.