Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Rave Culture Origins!

wagnet

Hello Everyone

I was just surfing rave related websites and came across this website via search engines. I think it’s great that the rave scene is growing stronger with each passing year. These could well be the days of your lives people.

I was one of the innovators of acid house parties (raves) in the UK circa 1988. Back then we couldn’t even have imagined the sheer size of the rave scene today. It really is amazing to witness this transformation. The rave scene was very small in 1988, there must have been five thousands ravers in the country and most of them were in Ibiza or Tenerife. Months later we were promoting parties for up to 15,000 people in a warehouse that we’d broken into hours earlier.

And now it’s touched the entire world and that is truly amazing and makes this sub-culture the biggest youth movement that’s ever existed. There’s nothing bigger than rave culture and never will be as far as I can see.

Anyway I wish you people all the luck in the world and hope that one day you too will witness dance parties of the magnitude we enjoy in the UK. If you’d like to learn more about our struggle in the UK during the early days of Acid House please pay me visit.

See You Soon…

www.wayne-anthony.com

Class of 88 spacout.jpg