Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pearl Harbor Movie... (if you didnt see it dont read this, gives away parts of it...)

dgmodel

I just finished watching Pearl Harbor, damn good movie however I have a question for those of you who seen it as well...

Does anybody feel that it was fucked up for "Danny" to get with "Raffe" Ben Afflecks girl?

and also i would love to know how much of that is actually true, and what is added drama and so forth... Damn good movie though... I want to join the Air Force now... lol...

From what I gathered from the Making-Of, the whole Love Triangle Trio, Reif, Danny, and Evelyn or whatever her name was, was fiction, although the characters were a compliation of real people.

Basically they were our way into the sotry, ala Jack and Rose in Titanic. True event, Fictional people.

Originally posted by dgmodel

I just finished watching Pearl Harbor, damn good movie however I have a question for those of you who seen it as well...

Does anybody feel that it was fucked up for "Danny" to get with "Raffe" Ben Afflecks girl?

and also i would love to know how much of that is actually true, and what is added drama and so forth... Damn good movie though... I want to join the Air Force now... lol...

I just saw Pearl Harbor this past weekend. Thought the movie was ok... I thought it was so messed up for Danny to get with Reffe's chick...:confused:

thought it was a great movie... all because my love josh hartnett is in it!!!~ :love: actually.. i think in general it was a good movie... yeah its a sappy love story... a take off of titanic cause of the whole love story aspect/true event... but whatever... it was good!

i dont think it was messed up cause raffe was dead, you know... but they ended up together in the end... so i guess it was ultimately trying to say that they were meant to be... which is sweet... *sigh* :heart:

Cuba Gooding Jr.'s character was a real person. He received a medal and everything like in the movie....that's why they singled him out but didn't really bring him into the main storyline...had to keep it real...

I had a unique experience with that movie...I am visiting my family in Okinawa, Japan. I saw it in a local movie theater where my father and I were the only Americans (caucasian) in the theater. I felt very weird at first....but when the whole attack sequence played, I cried and when I looked over at the other aisles, the Okinawans were crying also. That made it even more moving to me.

Okinawa was invaded by Japan so the Okinawans don't really like the Japanese and don't consider themselves Japanese even though Okinawa is a prefectorate of Japan. There's a interesting history over here.

Originally posted by gimmletgirl

Cuba Gooding Jr.'s character was a real person. He received a medal and everything like in the movie....that's why they singled him out but didn't really bring him into the main storyline...had to keep it real...

I had a unique experience with that movie...I am visiting my family in Okinawa, Japan. I saw it in a local movie theater where my father and I were the only Americans (caucasian) in the theater. I felt very weird at first....but when the whole attack sequence played, I cried and when I looked over at the other aisles, the Okinawans were crying also. That made it even more moving to me.

Okinawa was invaded by Japan so the Okinawans don't really like the Japanese and don't consider themselves Japanese even though Okinawa is a prefectorate of Japan. There's a interesting history over here.

wow... that must have been insane to watch over there... it affected me as it is, so i couldnt even imagine how it felt foR you and them...:)

Originally posted by zeonstar

From what I gathered from the Making-Of, the whole Love Triangle Trio, Reif, Danny, and Evelyn or whatever her name was, was fiction, although the characters were a compliation of real people.

Basically they were our way into the sotry, ala Jack and Rose in Titanic. True event, Fictional people.

understood, i didnt think the love triangle ppl were real, i didnt mean to put the two ques/statements together... i meant how did ppl feel about the love triangle? and then seperate note being I wonder what was ficitional and what was real... i know the movie was comprised of real life soldier stories and so forth, however i wanted to know what was drama and what was fact... you know? i dont know hard to explain... sorry...

Originally posted by vikkii123

I just saw Pearl Harbor this past weekend. Thought the movie was ok... I thought it was so messed up for Danny to get with Reffe's chick...:confused:

me too me too... i didnt understand how they both could see past that... i dont get it.. i thought it was mad wrong... dirty son of bitch... he backstabbed his friend... regardless if he was dead or alive, its wrong...

Originally posted by gimmletgirl

all i was thinking of the whole time is whoa this is fucking insane, and kept relating it to the WTC incident and then it crossed my mind that in like 60 yrs or whatever anniversary they decide to make a film about we as grandparents or just single old fogies are gonna see a movie about that...

Ok....I have major issues with this. I've only seen half the movie so far (thanks moonshine for letting me know how it ends...lol)...but anywho....

First off....yes Reefe, was thought dead. Danny seemed like the tag-along friend throughout the whole movie....So it's only natural that he's going to try and pick up his friend's pieces (fucked up big time!)

What fucked up this whole love triangle BS is the whole pregnancy incident. If there were no bun in the oven, does anyone think the girl (I don't remember her name) would have stayed with Danny????

If you do then your out of your minds.....One of the craziest lines in the movie (from what I've seen so far) is when the two are leaving on their new assignment, and Danny said to her, "I can't help but feeling like your still in love with him"....and she says "I love YOU Danny".

All I have to say is......Fucking Bitch.....she lied. End of story.

"Ok....I have major issues with this. I've only seen half the movie so far (thanks moonshine for letting me know how it ends...lol)...but anywho.... "

it said right on the subject line this will give away a lot...

haaa ha! ( laughing like that kid from simpsons nelson)

anyway yes the girl is a slut.. whore even a cunt...