Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need a Linux guru!

DaVe

I need to find a Linux guru who can configure a serial cable for remote access to a Linux server from another box. I need to be able to run e2fsck on a reboot without physically being at the console. Need someone to setup all aspects of this. Please email or PM me.

(ok, if that didn't make any sense to you then you probably can't help with it. :) Basically that is the reason our message boards were down last night)

Thanks...

you might want to post your problem at

http://forums.delphiforums.com/maxcommport/messages

some Qs

#when the server drops outs does it have to be restarted?i ask because you can use tune2fs to for a check each time it mounts, if the system is restarted and the drives were not dismounted they should have the checked forced

#do you have root rights?

#have you looked in to ssh?(for a remote console,it will run thought the internet, use hosts.allow and hosts.deny and firewall filters to keep others out, much better then telnet and easyier)

#have you found out why it is crashing?, check the logs, incresses debugging if possible

#what distro do you run?

#is it current and updated

#is your hardware good?

if you do post there, post to Alt. OS. Abode

inclued your distro, the programes involed

and all error messages