Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nj It's Your Scene, Support It!

On December 27th, Hunka Bunka Ballroom of Sayreville, NJ in alliance with BonSolidd promotions has put together a night featuring Internationally renowned DJ, Max Graham.

This marks one of the few times NJ has seen an non NY/NJ circuit DJ with an internationally known profile featured as the headliner DJ for that night. Actually I cannot recall another night in NJ where this has happened.

I urge all NJ peeps to come out and support for the simple reason that our scene lacks the diversity it needs. Come and try something different, come with an open mind and attitude. Come to hear a DJ whose reputation is international in scope.

If this is successful, it will only open up the doors for a whole host of possibilities. If club owners and promoters see that this works it will begin to open their minds to giving different types of DJ's/Music an opportunity. In the end that can only be good for the uncounted number of bedroom DJ's and musical acts that are not getting table time/exposure to NJ club goers.

IT'S YOUR SCENE AND IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT! SUPPORT YOUR SCENE!

i'm tryin to get everyone that i've taken with me to nyc to come and dance our asses off at hunka bunka on the 27th

so far i've got me and 2 others confirmed..i'm tryin to come in 6 - 10 strong..almost feel like this is something i have to do..if the owners see a big turnout then maybe they'll work on bringin more top notch trance deejays..in turn maybe other clubs will be like wtf are we doin wrong..betta get on the track

i really hope this works out cuz goin to the city 4 times a month is gettin a little crazy..i wanna stay and party with some jersey peeps..lets get this goin

NJ is not my scene. Whether I may live here or not, I hate the scene that goes on here. As for Max Graham, he is one of my absolute favorite DJs but Im saddened to see his exceptional talent be wasted in a Jersey club on a Jersey crowd.

No offense guys but I can not imagine why Graham is going to even waste his time on Hunka Bunkas. It's disappointing to hear a man if his stature will be doing this.

Oh well....hope ya'll have fun and give this man the much deserved respect!

~kAt~

Originally posted by misskittie

NJ is not my scene. Whether I may live here or not, I hate the scene that goes on here. As for Max Graham, he is one of my absolute favorite DJs but Im saddened to see his exceptional talent be wasted in a Jersey club on a Jersey crowd.

No offense guys but I can not imagine why Graham is going to even waste his time on Hunka Bunkas. It's disappointing to hear a man if his stature will be doing this.

~kAt~

Miss Kitty - Please rethink what you have posted!

As anyone who knows me or my posts I don't like most of what is happening in the NJ scene. It is way too homogenized in terms of the style of music that you can find on any given night, at any given venue.

That said, all the CP peeps who feel the same (ie Miss Kitty ) should come and support this night. If this night succeeds promoters and owners will only be more likely to book a greater range of talent and therefore styles. This could eventually lead to increasing the diversity of musical styles heard in NJ clubs, which is only a good thing.

So I disagree with you assertion that this is a wasted effort. It on the contrary a very worthwhile effort and one you should support with your attendance.

Originally posted by misskittie

~kAt~

Merry Christmas Kat how are you!!!

i missed you at Deep Dish maybe at the next Event..

Originally posted by eviljav666

Merry Christmas Kat how are you!!!

i missed you at Deep Dish maybe at the next Event..

Deep Dish at Vinyl?? I was there man...I was there till about 7:30am. How u been??? And Happy Holidays....

------------

laraver: I did thinka bout my post...thats why I put it up. But I would not waste my time and energy venturing to that venue. Thank u anyway~

I have a lot of gripes about the clubbing scene in this area....NY included. But I can not believe Max is going to go to that place. It makes me want to cringe.