Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mixing Question: Vocals

ablane

With Cool Edit 2000 You can filter out everything but the vocals.

You have to select Transform---Filters---FFT Filter

Then Once the window pops up you can select one of the preset filters called "Get Off The Phone"

I think this basically filters all of the frequencies except for the range of frequencies which the human voice uses. So you'll get some other elements from the song in the background with th vocals but for the most part the music will be gone.

Originally posted by spd1980

With Cool Edit 2000 You can filter out everything but the vocals.

You have to select Transform---Filters---FFT Filter

Then Once the window pops up you can select one of the preset filters called "Get Off The Phone"

I think this basically filters all of the frequencies except for the range of frequencies which the human voice uses. So you'll get some other elements from the song in the background with th vocals but for the most part the music will be gone.

wow i never knew u can do thaqt with cool edit... i always hated that program... i have sound forge.... i feel its a lot better.. and if u can do that with cool edit i think u cna definitly do it with sound forge... thanx for the 411 lol :D :D

there are a bunch of programs that do what ur looking to do ablane...there are tons on the web check it out.........ive been meaning to look around for programs like that, to fuck around with songs and lyrics.....but im too lazy!

If u find anything worth using, let me know, i wanna check it out!

Peace,

Dave..

thanks for the advice...i'll check those programs out. pipdaddy - LOL sorry for the poor choice, it was the only name that popped into my braindamaged head at that moment. next time i'll just remain silent on the named musician thingy....hahaha.

what software to you guys use for mixing in general?

Originally posted by ablane

thanks for the advice...i'll check those programs out. pipdaddy - LOL sorry for the poor choice, it was the only name that popped into my braindamaged head at that moment. next time i'll just remain silent on the named musician thingy....hahaha.

what software to you guys use for mixing in general?

as i sed...

"sound forge" is pretty good (its just liked cool edit but more professional)

"mix meister" is good for mixing tracks... u dont need any skill, the program matches the bass for you... (this is wut i use for mxing cds :))

"acid pro" is another professional prog... i never learned how to use this one....

"cubase" is another program... pretty easy to use... from what i know... this program is ususally used for adding effects to music.... i could be wrong...

one more thing... if u have a macintosh computer.... my friend has the awesome program... i think it scalled "pro tools"... it is a veerryyyyy good program if u learn how to use it...i tried it and was clueless.... LOL

hope this all helped a lil... :D :D