Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When to Visit Ibiza?

Hey hon',

Sorry to say but cheap fares and best Dj's are'nt gonna be found in one single trip to Ibiza.

If what you want is the big shit, you gotta go in the summer. And Ibiza summers are fuckin' expensive.

Unless it all changed lately, the only club that stays open passed the end of september is the Pacha at least I think that's the one, but anyway there's only one megaclub open. Then the whole shit reopens in june.

From what I've been told by the locals, the party scene goes on in wintertime but it's different. Smaller clubs, less commercial dj's, less "tourist clubers".... To me that all makes for better clubbing but hey! I'm not sure it makes such a good clubbing trip. Gotta be more "excessive".

Anyway, if you're still thinkin' of goin' on the island, the peak is Jully but all the closing partys are in september. It's huge anyway so... cant really go wrong.

Though if you're lookin' for a clubbin' vacation during the holidays... my suggestion would be Spain in general and Barcelona in particular. I could tell ya bout the place for hours. I had two weeks of intense non stop partyin' drinkin' clubin' and all other essentials. Hell hon', it took me a month to recover when I came back!

Anyway, hit me back quick if you need info, finding a couple usefull numbers can probably save ya a couple days of lookin' round for the good stuff... ya know.

See ya

the best time for the real ibiza effect is during the summer. while peak time as mentioned was july, the opening parties in june and the closing parties (end of august, september) are when the island is really jamming. though if youre taking a trip for the sole purpose of partying (not clubbing) and want to see the top dj's... check out the love parade in berlin the firts weekend of july. 3-4 days, 1500 dj's (everyone you can think of), about 3.5 million people and just a wild time. i hit the love parade two-three weeks after i left ibiza. the two are totally different but both definatly worth it.

kenny.

Originally posted by jonnyb

From what I've been told by the locals, the party scene goes on in wintertime but it's different. Smaller clubs, less commercial dj's, less "tourist clubers".... To me that all makes for better clubbing but hey! I'm not sure it makes such a good clubbing trip. Gotta be more "excessive".

<~snip~>

Though if you're lookin' for a clubbin' vacation during the holidays... my suggestion would be Spain in general and Barcelona in particular. I could tell ya bout the place for hours. I had two weeks of intense non stop partyin' drinkin' clubin' and all other essentials. Hell hon', it took me a month to recover when I came back!

Thanks jonnyb! Would love to hit up Barcelona these next few weeks but am short on time and cash so it's hibernation in cold New England instead :zzz: . Maybe I'll start saving up for summer in Ibiza! -- can't wait to be "excessive"....:smoke: Any recommendations for travel agencies specializing in Ibiza and the surrounding isles?

Originally posted by boii

the best time for the real ibiza effect is during the summer. while peak time as mentioned was july, the opening parties in june and the closing parties (end of august, september) are when the island is really jamming. though if youre taking a trip for the sole purpose of partying (not clubbing) and want to see the top dj's... check out the love parade in berlin the firts weekend of july. 3-4 days, 1500 dj's (everyone you can think of), about 3.5 million people and just a wild time. i hit the love parade two-three weeks after i left ibiza. the two are totally different but both definatly worth it.

kenny.

Great suggestion! I was in Berlin for two weeks later this summer (too late to catch the LP) and had a few of the best clubbing experiences of my [amateur clubbing] life in that city. Whether trip-hop or hard techno, music just seems to sound better over there; why is that? Am thinking of moving to Berlin actually, work-permits permitting....