Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where are they now: Andrew Mendez

Like "Inside The NFL", I'm asking Club Planet for a "Where Are They Now?" on Andrew Mendez? Its a shame Andrew was stuck at Merge this past summer with a weak crowd. His music is off the hook, I hope people recognize this kid has skills and someone hooks him up with a gig other than Surf Club Sundays that he use to hold down.

>Hey man..thanks for the thought :). To be honest w/ you, I am a very loyal person when it comes to playing places. I've been w/ Petey K and Metro Lounge for the past 3 years and I will be back @ Merge this summer. Even if you say the crowd was weak, I'm just happy that that weak crowd came to hear me every saturday that i was there. If my skills are really as good as you say they are, I am hoping that more people like you who recognize it will come hear me for me...not for the venue i play in. I am very greatful to have a saturday night in the NJ shore. I had a BLAST working @ Surf for 2 years but i really didn't have enough time to play for everyone because everyone would go to tempts befor i cought my groove.

>Just like anything else, It's going to take time for Merge to get its crowd and i am going to do as much as i can to help the process. We will get our loyal people who will come to merge for the music, just like loyal tempts fans go there.

peace man :)

Andrew Mendez

www.AndrewMendez.com

Andrew thats the absolutele truth about Surf, by the time you set it off people were heading out the door to Tempts. Tempts has been a staple at the shore for a long time and people are loyal to the place. Merge isnt a bad place, but as I said the crowd is definately weak. One weekend this coming summer, we'll all come into Merge together and then we'll make it worthwhile.

I borrowed a friends copy of this cd you made him a while back, I dont wanna give it back, lol. Its phat! I've heard your groove before and I like it a lot, its phat, its different and it should be heard my the masses.

Turn it up for New Years Eve!

Joey