Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Got DWI. Need good lawyer!

BillDaThrill

I got a DWI coming home from 5 last saturday!! I am so piss. Now i need a good lawyer. Does anyone know of any good lawyers! please let me know. Thanks. And umm i wouldnt' recommend drinking and driving for NYE! I learn my lesson. one lawyer told me to expect to pay $10,000 in the long run!@#!@

Hmmmmm PGiddy's pretty knowledgeable about that, right Pgids?

This is why you should designate a driver (I am usually willing to drive your car for you btw, if you are looking for someone to drive your car while you drink, hint hint hint hint). All my lawyers are up here in yankeetown though, sowwy

Originally posted by BillDaThrill

I got a DWI coming home from 5 last saturday!! I am so piss. Now i need a good lawyer. Does anyone know of any good lawyers! please let me know. Thanks. And umm i wouldnt' recommend drinking and driving for NYE! I learn my lesson. one lawyer told me to expect to pay $10,000 in the long run!@#!@

That sucks, but then again you shouldn't have been at 5. Anyways well over a year ago, when 5 was Decent, if that, I blew a .14 and got off, talked my way out of it and some other things. But then once again about 8 months ago got pulled over, same thing, only this time they searched the car and somehow there was somethings that are considered "illegal" But I refused the breathe test this time(very smart). In the end got everything including speeding, possesion charges, dui,refusal all reducd to reckless driving, due to points already incurred(previous tickets) lost license for 6 months, but got a restricted license. My advice get a very good lawyer as in all cases you get what you pay for.

the main questions are 1. did you refuse the test, hopefully you did, because worst case scenario is you plead down.

2. what county, anything but fairfax is good, mine was arlington and my lawyer was the mayor of falls church for like 15 years, yada yada yada. Let me know, I can make a call for you, don't worry it's not that big of a deal

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by pgiddy

That sucks, but then again you shouldn't have been at 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tee-hee-hee....like the DWI is punishment for going to 5.

Get into whatever alcohol classes you can right away, before your court date it you can - what are they called in VA - ASAP and maybe even sign yourself up for the AA program. That will definitely help. They are going to make you take the alcohol treatment classes anyway, might as well get brownie points w/ the judge.

Good luck!

Originally posted by BillDaThrill

10k, that BS, unless you don;t get a lawyer and completely get worked by the system, instead you work the system and everything is good. You don't even have possession charges, so you should be able to work it good. As long as I make it until Jan. 5 with no tickets or anything, then there will be NO record of a dui or possession or anything except reckless, which in reality isn;t bad, it won't effect employment and my insurance hasn't gone up a penny. Although it already was/is a lot, but thats because of speeding, young male, nice car, etc... So with that said you should be ok, don't stress it or let it ruin your holidays! Good luck

Thanks for the replys guys.. and Vix., I'll keep u in mind if i get drunk and I drive. But i don't t hink i will make make this mistake again :(

Pgiddy to answer your question. I didn't refuse the test. I don't even remember him giving me a choice. Althought my memory could be fubar that night. I was pulled over in fairfax county. One lawyer I called told me he will charge me $1500. And for that price he will check all the records, license papers etc.. to see if the cop made a mistake. If he did, I could get off on a technicality. But i wonder what the chances of that is. Hit me up about that lawyer.. I dont' want to make any mistakes. Lates