Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Black Hawk Down" Movie

After reading the book several times, I saw this movie today and all I have to say is WOW......One of the best war movies of all time. The fact that it wasnt made cheap by some love story only made it better. I suggest that anyone who likes war movies or even wants alittle insight into what Special Op's forces will be dealing with in the next several years, go see this movie...........:)

Well I just read the review from CNN and it has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. All these critics need to realize that this was based on a true event. He rips it apart because its too violent and you dont get to know the characters too well. News flash.....WAR ISNT PRETTY.........You want characters to fall in love with? Go see a Meg Ryan movie. I wouldnt be surprised if this guy said Pearl Harbor was a great movie........

yo nycmuzik, you are right man, the critics are shit, this isnt about beautiful characters or 'acceptable' level of violence. ive read Mark Bowden's book, an intense account of the nightmare in Mogadishu. All i have to say is that those Rangers are absolute heroes. those guys have balls of steel for what they went through.

the reality is gruesome and violent, and if some prick ass critic dislikes it, well fuck him. im definitely going to see this film. god bless the Rangers.

Originally posted by tribal

yo nycmuzik, you are right man, the critics are shit, this isnt about beautiful characters or 'acceptable' level of violence. ive read Mark Bowden's book, an intense account of the nightmare in Mogadishu. All i have to say is that those Rangers are absolute heroes. those guys have balls of steel for what they went through.

the reality is gruesome and violent, and if some prick ass critic dislikes it, well fuck him. im definitely going to see this film. god bless the Rangers.

Exactly bro.....I think a majority of people only remember this event because they saw Americans on CNN being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu. They dont realize the amount of heroism that occured during those 18 hours.

Also, another good book by Mark Bowden is "Killing Pablo." It talks about the US manhunt for Pablo Escobar involving CIA, Delta's, and the Columbian gov't. A must read for anyone interested in US covert op's......