Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bar/Drink times at Buzz?

andre9000

On Thurs night at Sasha the bar closed at 1:30am. I was told this was because it was a weeknight. So even when I went up at 1:35, I couldn't get any alcohol. Is it 1:30 on weeknights always? Then on Friday night it closed (at what I think is it's normal time of) 2:30am. But at 3:30am I was standing around with 2 drinks that I had still (saving 1 for a friend) and security came and made me "finish it or get rid of it" because "it was 3:30am". Is this also a policy?

i dunno what teh exact times are, but on weeknights the bar always closes earlier, 1:30 or 2 is the policy I think. On Friday it closes later I would suppose 3, usually by that time I'm to :goofy: to want another drink, but if I would have been in ur situation with 2 drinks and the security guy telling me to finish it, hell, what is a poor guy to do than follow the kind security guy instruction and finish them off? :D :D

well yea, I finished it off. He was persistant and kept standing there, and tried to grab it from me cause I just took a couple sips at a time. So he said "you have 1 more chance before I throw it out". So I just stuck my lips on the straw and sloooowly drank it, breathing out of my nose, for about 1 minute or so, just to piss the guy off cause he was being a dick. I asked him "can't u go harass someone else and when u come back I'll be done?" but he didn't like that, so that's when I did the slow-motion chug.

On another note: since when have they not allowed you to buy more than 1 drink at a time? I used to be able to buy a couple at a time, now they "have to see 2 wristbands". I completely understand why they do this, but it annoys the alcoholic in me....

Originally posted by andre9000

On another note: since when have they not allowed you to buy more than 1 drink at a time? I used to be able to buy a couple at a time, now they "have to see 2 wristbands". I completely understand why they do this, but it annoys the alcoholic in me....

yeah, it kinda pointless, especially that you can go to any of the bars there get one drink, give it to an under 21 person then go to another bar, or the same one but with another bartender, and get another one and so on...oh well, it makes us appreciate more the delicate flavour of the refreshing drink of our choosing that we drink, sip, or chug, whatevre strinkes your fancy :D :D

Originally posted by andre9000

On Thurs night at Sasha the bar closed at 1:30am. I was told this was because it was a weeknight. So even when I went up at 1:35, I couldn't get any alcohol. Is it 1:30 on weeknights always? Then on Friday night it closed (at what I think is it's normal time of) 2:30am. But at 3:30am I was standing around with 2 drinks that I had still (saving 1 for a friend) and security came and made me "finish it or get rid of it" because "it was 3:30am". Is this also a policy?

Last call at buzz on fridays is at 2:30am. You've then got 15 minutes to finish your drinks. Nation's liquor license requires all alcohol to be consumed or thrown out by 2:45am.

The security guard was doing u a favor by letting u finish the drinks - after 2:45 it is vital that alcohol is off the floor. Most bouncers would've just taken the drinks out of your hands and thrown them away (it's happened to me). Their concern is that if ABC cops come into the club (and they do!) and see people drinking or holding drinks when they aren't supposed to, the club can lose its liquor license - at which point buzz goes out of business or loses an incredible venue.

Don't let it happen!

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

Last call at buzz on fridays is at 2:30am. You've then got 15 minutes to finish your drinks. Nation's liquor license requires all alcohol to be consumed or thrown out by 2:45am.

The security guard was doing u a favor by letting u finish the drinks - after 2:45 it is vital that alcohol is off the floor. Most bouncers would've just taken the drinks out of your hands and thrown them away (it's happened to me). Their concern is that if ABC cops come into the club (and they do!) and see people drinking or holding drinks when they aren't supposed to, the club can lose its liquor license - at which point buzz goes out of business or loses an incredible venue.

Don't let it happen!

Gotcha. I know he was trying to do his job, I was just trying to do mine (get fucked up). I didn't know of that policy, now I can plan in advance and just raid the bar at 2:15 and chug like a Taliban leader when he finds an oasis out in the desert.