Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOLY SHIT! Have any of you checked out The Avalanches?!?!

THEY FUCKIN ROCK!!!

I am sitting here at work in shock and amazement....how does this group exist without me knowing about them?? How has nobody mentioned the best music I've heard in AGES?

I'm gonna have to listen to their album a couple more times before I can try and describe the unreal blend of big-beat/french art electronic/bootyshakin funk/sixties surf happy/hip-hop/bleep-happy/GET YOUR ASS ON THE DANCEFLOOR that they produce... but if you don't check this out you are DUMB, and that's all there is to it.

Right now I am listening to their DJ set- sooo cool....I will research and tell y'all where and when we can experience this. Mindblowing....can't say anything more.

(okay, so whose gonna be the cooler than thou music god, and tell me these ppl have been big for years? ;-) )

I don't think so....my friend lent me these CDs -her friend works for their label, i think.

Do they have a website? When and where did they play when in NY last time?

Okay, u and I can start the **OFFICIAL Avalanches CP Fan Club**

Try this:

http://www.modularpeople.com/avalanches/

They played back in Nov., but I don't know where. I even got the flyer at Centro-Fly and tossed it thinking, "The Avalanches? Whatever....". I am kicking myself now for that. I'm sure they will be back b/c they are going to be big. That CD has been out in Australia for almost a year and it was just released here in Oct. so they are set to break out big here I think. I've heard a lot of people raving about them in the last month or so. I myself am on a mission to make everyone listen to that CD.

:cool:

Our resident Aussie lord Boa Boy can tell you more.

But yeah, there's been hype since way back in Oz and the UK.

They're not getting a big push here, but the US music scene for the most part sucks anyways....hehehehe

Anyways, yeah, CHECK THESE GUYS OUT!

Okay, one last gush before I leave work (holy shit, what am i still doing at work?)

This set just went from "Forgot about Dre" to "IT began in Africa" to traditional Indian tabla MIXED PERFECTLY with Get Yo Freak ON, which then MIXED SEAMLESSLY into "Faith" that's right, by GEORGE MICHAEL....how the FUCK does that work?!?!?! I can't stand how cool these cats are...I can't.

K, I am so outta here.