Clubplanet Nightlife Community

monday night rant

wannabeclubchk

I haven’t met all that many people from the board in person, yet I feel like I know at least a little of all of you through your posts. CP’ers (but especially sexboarders!) are, among other things, smart, kind, friendly, thoughtful, supportive, fair, protective of their friends, giving, willing to share themselves, creative, ambitious, beautiful... the list of positives could go on and on. You whom I have met in person, MissKittie, Spragga, Tasty, Gabo,

Regina, Fiery, Lina, Chula, Hacker, Lavender, DJJonStephen, completely cemented that perception.

It just seems like there have been a lot of posts lately about some, well, painful topics. All I am able to offer is a post sharing some of the thing that I have learned that have allowed me to come through difficult times with pretty good results.

1. Take Responsibility for Yourself- Every person, place, thing, emotion, thought, desire, etc. is all in your life because you CHOOSE to have it there. When happy, examine what choices led you to be there, when unhappy do the same. Then ask, “What Choices should I be making in the future?” And feel free to examine the why’s of your happiness or unhappiness, especially when you have mixed feelings.

2. Take Responsibility ONLY for Yourself- You will not ever, not one day of your life, make everyone happy. I can’t emphasize this enough, You are not responsible for other people’s feelings! That isn’t license to be rude, nasty and inconsiderate, but we’ll get to that another time. You will always have to make your decisions based on own feelings, not how your mom will feel or your gf/bf will feel or how your 3rd grade teacher will feel. If you

merely live up to other people’s standards, your greatness will be limited by their perceptions of who they think you are.

3. Ask Effective Questions- Effective questions deal with the heart of the matter and are honest and direct, and the answer, while it may not be one that you want to hear, can always be put to use. If you aren’t getting usable information, it isn’t an effective question.

These aren’t unique thoughts, I know. They are the fruits of study and experience distilled down to an elixir that smacks of common sense. However, it seems all of us, at times, have to remind ourselves of things that are “common sense.”

And remember, we experience the most resistance when we are making the most progress.

:)

From one old wise ass...er I mean man....to this wise little hottie...I gotta say AMEN TO THAT!

Listen to the vets - You cannot please everyone, so don't try to!

Always strive for the best and go for goals that others think may be unnatainable - if you fail, it's okay...learn from it! :)

This advice comes from 10+ years of being an athlete going to the top, hitting rock bottom, getting back off my ass and going back to take care of business!

Carpe Diem!

:cool: Ragga's rant!