Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One51 this past Sat

I wanted to know if anyone else experienced the nightmare.....

This was my first time there and I swear I will never go back there again.

It was just me and one of my friends. We knew some people that promoted there and we got ourselves on a guestlist and was promised one comped admission. He told us to get there by 11:30a because you won't get the comp after 12. So, we got there at 11:30a (which we thought was early) the line was about a mile long (I'm am sooo serious) I don't think I have seen a line at SF that was this long. I went up to the doorman and said very nicely "Me and my friend are on a guestlist with one comped admission. Is there a seperate line for the guestlist?" He said very rudely "Sorry everyone has to wait on the same line." I then said nicely, "The guestlist closes at 12p do think you can just get me and one other girl in." He said rudely, "It's not my problem there's nothing I can do." So I bit my lip and me and my friend went to the end of the line...thinking it was going to move quickly. Even if we both got reduced admission who cares...as long as we didn't have to pay $25 each for a club-- that closed at 4am, be impossible to check our coats in, be impossible to get to the bar, and impossible to walk out of there with all ribs intact. After 2 hours we finally got close enough to see the doorman. (You know after you wait an hour you feel like you have to get into the club now so we continued to wait) I finally realized after getting to the front that he was letting crowds of people in that were coming off the street. They were all passing him money. There were huge crowds of guys going in meanwhile the bouncer was going up and down the line kicking all the single guys off the line saying "NO MORE SINGLE GUYS ARE GETTING IN SO GO HOME." After a while we began to realize that the only reason why we moved up in the line was because people were getting sick of waiting and got off the line. The doorman kept the line long so people would continue to throw him money to get right in. We finally got off the line at 1:45a....I was so pissed. How could you do that people? That club favorites certain people...and that's not right. I mean every club does this but to a certain extent...but I have never experienced something like this.

So did anyone else have this problem on Sat? I would love to hear your success story of how you got in and what it was like in there.

Originally posted by neena16

I wanted to know if anyone else experienced the nightmare.....

This was my first time there and I swear I will never go back there again.

It was just me and one of my friends. We knew some people that promoted there and we got ourselves on a guestlist and was promised one comped admission. He told us to get there by 11:30a because you won't get the comp after 12. So, we got there at 11:30a (which we thought was early) the line was about a mile long (I'm am sooo serious) I don't think I have seen a line at SF that was this long. I went up to the doorman and said very nicely "Me and my friend are on a guestlist with one comped admission. Is there a seperate line for the guestlist?" He said very rudely "Sorry everyone has to wait on the same line." I then said nicely, "The guestlist closes at 12p do think you can just get me and one other girl in." He said rudely, "It's not my problem there's nothing I can do." So I bit my lip and me and my friend went to the end of the line...thinking it was going to move quickly. Even if we both got reduced admission who cares...as long as we didn't have to pay $25 each for a club-- that closed at 4am, be impossible to check our coats in, be impossible to get to the bar, and impossible to walk out of there with all ribs intact. After 2 hours we finally got close enough to see the doorman. (You know after you wait an hour you feel like you have to get into the club now so we continued to wait) I finally realized after getting to the front that he was letting crowds of people in that were coming off the street. They were all passing him money. There were huge crowds of guys going in meanwhile the bouncer was going up and down the line kicking all the single guys off the line saying "NO MORE SINGLE GUYS ARE GETTING IN SO GO HOME." After a while we began to realize that the only reason why we moved up in the line was because people were getting sick of waiting and got off the line. The doorman kept the line long so people would continue to throw him money to get right in. We finally got off the line at 1:45a....I was so pissed. How could you do that people? That club favorites certain people...and that's not right. I mean every club does this but to a certain extent...but I have never experienced something like this.

So did anyone else have this problem on Sat? I would love to hear your success story of how you got in and what it was like in there.

Yup had the same exact problem when my friend who promoted there one night and had a VIP section squared off inside for a friend's brithday. Only a quarter of the people on the list got in and comped, a quarter got in and paid the 'reduced' price of $20 (what a ripoff) and the other half did not get in and left in frustration.

Overall the place sucks, B&T type crowd, the DJs the night I went sounded like they just discovered the playlist from KTU. The bouncers are a-holes who will let 10 dudes in as long as they bribe him.

My experience with One51, had a ticket for a girls b-day party. Ticket said free admission before 11 and open bar 10-11. Got there a little after ten, got in free, but the bouncers notified that owner decided against the open bar that night even though it was clearly written on the ticket. I was annoyed b/c I rushed out there completely sober. Getting drinks there sucked b/c have just one crowded bar on the lower level. Reminded me of some hotel bar with NYC drinks(small, weak, overpriced) . The dance floor has a high domed ceiling room. Unorginal DJ: I remeber hearing ABBA, michael jackson, george michael, and the rest was hip hop & house classics. However, I did have fun. There were some fun good looking girls there.