Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are all model searches scams?

Originally posted by chadc

most are. I work with Ford, yet still get bullcrap offers from such as e-models, and other scummy agency's.

If they ask you for money, or deposits, tell them to piss off.

All it takes are 2 polaroids :)

in that case...can i send you some poloroids?!:laugh:

Originally posted by carsonmartin

in that case...can i send you some poloroids?!:laugh:

:laugh: my bad, I mean work for them. They represent me. If you really are looking to model, and fit the requirements, sent some photos to:

142 Greene Street

New York, NY 10012

Best of luck,

Chad

Originally posted by carsonmartin

What exactly are requirements.....i know it depends on what you are trying to get into (print, runway, etc) based on height, weight etc.

Runway and Editorial are the best IMO. For Runway the requirements are the most strict. 6"0 and over / and in the 170-180 lbs range is ideal. Designers for shows have clothes that come in only ONE size (i believe its 40) oso every model has to be able to fit in them and wear them with comfort. A slim face with visible bone structure and a lean cut body would be the best.

Editorial and Runway mostly work together. Photos as in GQ, Vogue, and campaigns like Versace, Gucci, Givenchy are where the money is at. Once again a certain look is needed. For the European labels a more exotic Euro look is stressed, while labels like A&F, Buckle, etc...want that All-American boy look. It all comes down to the photographer and his criteria for the shoot.

Finally there is Commercial. If you are not tall enough or dont display the visual characteristics for High Print, and Runway then commercial is the best way to go. This area is a lot more leinient and not as harsh as the previous. You still need a certain look for Commercial but it does not have to be as strong.

Take a look at www.fordmodels.com under the New York division.

You will need a comp card, as you will see on the site. I'm Chad Cole. The cards show 3-4 different pictures with your stats on them. But thats after you got your feet in the water

Feel free to ask anything you want :)

-chad

wow...they must get 100's of pics in the mail a day, hmm i'm 6' though I am more built than the typical model ~200lbs, but i still got a small waist 33" i could easily drop weight but i wouldn't even thin about getting any smaller unless of course i got a job, and i definately have a "look" but i don't think its Euro...i wouldnt know. ha...oh well. maybe i will send some photos....

the thing is my friend got "discovered" and he lived in nyc for a while last year when he was like 19 i think. but he is at college now...he's been on VH-1 and in a music video and was in glamour or one of those mags...

Originally posted by chadc

:laugh: my bad, I mean work for them. They represent me. If you really are looking to model, and fit the requirements, sent some photos to:

142 Greene Street

New York, NY 10012

Best of luck,

Chad

agreed here.. ihave an agent in LA..and it took me pissing almost 2000 bucks to realize what a scam was..i didnt pay for all of it becuz i met my agent and he rescued me...and chads right its just 2 polaroids and THEY PAY YOU!! If its any more difficult than that you are either ugly or in better terms not up to par or they want ur $$$$$$$

:bounce:

CD