Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming in Feb to JonathanPeters.com

a VIP Section of Jonathan Petets Enterprises site:

Will include

Jonathan Peters Recorded live sets from Sound Factory.

Each set will consist of 6-12 hours of Jonathan Peters live!

Recorded each week from Oct 2001 through Feb 2002. Will have over 20 weeks worth, over 200 hours of Jonathan Peters live!

Each week we'll add JP's new weekly set.

This will be brought to you by NightClubCity in a new Real streaming media

Dmitry

Originally posted by aphelion

Why not make it MP3?

No one uses RealMedia anymore, and MP3 is streamable just as easily.

most likely the issues of the size that the mp3s will be and the fact that he prolly doesnt want people downloading his tracks that are supposevely unreleased. all you gotta do though is go download one of those programs from download.com that record streams and convert to mp3 :)

Originally posted by scoob-e

most likely the issues of the size that the mp3s will be and the fact that he prolly doesnt want people downloading his tracks that are supposevely unreleased. all you gotta do though is go download one of those programs from download.com that record streams and convert to mp3 :)

MP3's are equal to RMA's in size at the same bitrate. If you wanna encode an RMA at 24kbps, it'll be the same size as an MP3 at 24kbps. So Real Media makes a weak attempt at security by encapsulating its datastream within its own protocol. Blah blah, big deal, end result: you gotta be online to download it every time you wanna hear it.

Music wants to be free...

MP3's are equal to RMA's in size at the same bitrate. If you wanna encode an RMA at 24kbps, it'll be the same size as an MP3 at 24kbps. So Real Media makes a weak attempt at security by encapsulating its datastream within its own protocol. Blah blah, big deal, end result: you gotta be online to download it every time you wanna hear it.

Why not make it MP3?

No one uses RealMedia anymore, and MP3 is streamable just as easily.

You need to do some research buddy. The real audio files you see (RAM) on amature sites are not on a real server, we use real server, Real Server is between 12k-58k dollars, the servion I have is $48,000 which streams in Sure Streaming technology when a file is on real server the extension is not http but rtsp. Let me educate you about sure streaming, when you encode it the right way with real producer you can make 8 bitrate streams in 1 file, before it shoots the stream to your pc it senses your connection and gives you the best possible stream for your connection, so if you have a 360mb dsl it wont cheat you and give you 20k stream. Works the same way if you have a 56k modem, it wont try to feed you a 360k file. Only real networks offers this technology, not MS media player, not streaming MP3. listen to my top 20 tracks on our site, that takes MP3 files and converts to flash in real time(on the fly) using cgi scripting. Our live streams are done in Sure Streaming technology, its the only way to go, why you think its so damn expensive. I want to offer my members simply the best, I'll be honest though, sometimes I'll only encode in 20k-96k to save bandwidth since its so expensive. I hope this explains why I chose Real Networks(Real player format). Btw I put this technology behind Scores website(Strip joint), now all the perverts can enjoy the girls in high quality video.

I should also add that Real Player is found on 89% of home PCs(research done by www.realnetworks.com)

Dmitry

You are wrong, when the server is setup the right way and using rtsp protacal it will stream not download. Where ever you see ram files on the site 99.99% its not on real server, its on a webserver which does'nt use the great "Sure Streaming" technology.

Originally posted by scoob-e

This is another reason why I chose real, I had to ensure JP that its not downloadable.