Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thanks everyone for a fantastic b-day :)

a1wave

Hey, peeps... thanks to everyone who came out this weekend!! It was great to put some faces to names... I haven't danced so many days in a row in a *long* time... Lots o' fun... I'm trying to ditch my parents in mid Feb for D:Fuse... I'll let you know... :) Hopefully, I'll see ya then :)

A1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see around DC again, had a great time hanging out with you on Saturday and Sunday. Like scratch, the poetry thingy was a great chnace to know some of the other "non-clubbing" side of everyone.

Hope to see you in town for D:Fuse...I swear, D:Fuse is going to get a restraining order against you and malanee :D :D

hi A1! it was awesome to meet you! i don't think i've ever danced so much and hard on a saturday! i think i went for like five hours straight and i wasn't even :roll: but you should definitely come down for D:Fuse, so we can do this again!

the poetry reading was really-really good and was a chance to meet other cp folk i didn't know yet - (Scratch! how you doin?) - not to mention Vic's dessert! ;) Vic, you should cook for us more often! we'll i guess i'll see everyone soon again. better!

Originally posted by shifterlx

hi A1! it was awesome to meet you! i don't think i've ever danced so much and hard on a saturday! i think i went for like five hours straight and i wasn't even :roll: but you should definitely come down for D:Fuse, so we can do this again!

the poetry reading was really-really good and was a chance to meet other cp folk i didn't know yet - (Scratch! how you doin?) - not to mention Vic's dessert! ;) Vic, you should cook for us more often! we'll i guess i'll see everyone soon again. better!

Hey Shifter! Glad you made it out Saturday and Sunday. Your poems were incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by malanee

Hey Shifter! Glad you made it out Saturday and Sunday. Your poems were incredible! Thanks for sharing!

no problem, babee! i had a fun time with you and all the others who were able to make it. thank you for letting me share a little of myself with all of you. hopefully we can all meet up again, soon: would love to watch you spin again and o, perhaps dance as much as i did, saturday, if not more. :tongue:

Originally posted by malanee

I'm with malanee on this, shifter, your poems were great, they say that through poetry you can see to someone's soul and those poems were just amazing.

Which reminds me, I have to sned A1 a couple, possibly from Octavio Paz, my favorite writer.

thanks vic and malanee, again. you know, vic... the preface to my book is a quote from Paz's 'El Laberinto de la Soledad'. glad we have something more in common, should make partying even better!

'Self -discovery is above all the realization that we are alone:

It is the opening of an impalpable, transparent wall---- that of our consciousness----- between the

world and ourselves. It is true that we sense our aloneness almost as soon as we are born, but

children and adults can transcend their solitude and forget themselves in games or work. The

adolescent, however, vacillates between infancy and youth, halting for a moment before the

infinite richness of the world.

He is astonished at the fact of his being, and this astonishment leads to reflection:

As he leans over the river of his consciousness, he asks himself if the face that appears there,

disfigured by the water, is his own....

thanks vic and malanee, again. you know, vic... the preface to my book is a quote from Paz's 'El Laberinto de la Soledad'. glad we have something more in common, should make partying even better!

yeah, i've read that book 3 times already, definitely the best one i have ever read. intersting thing that he wrote it when he lived in DC.

Have you ever checked some of the events at the Mexican Cultural Institute? A couple of years ago they had a simposium on Octavio Paz and I had the opportunity to meet Carlos Fuentes, another of my favorites.

Originally posted by vicman

yeah, i've read that book 3 times already, definitely the best one i have ever read. intersting thing that he wrote it when he lived in DC.

Have you ever checked some of the events at the Mexican Cultural Institute? A couple of years ago they had a simposium on Octavio Paz and I had the opportunity to meet Carlos Fuentes, another of my favorites.

interesting, right? yes, i know... and i agree it is def'nitely his best work. i have never gone down to the Mexican Cultural Institute. For one thing, i have no idea where it is or how their events are scheduled, but do pass on the address if you may. I would def'nitely be interested in checking the place out. I love Carlos Fuentes also! I am currently reading his latest: 'Instinto de Inez' and i must say it is very very... AWESOME. you should check it out if you have not done so yet. ;)

interesting, right? yes, i know... and i agree it is def'nitely his best work. i have never gone down to the Mexican Cultural Institute. For one thing, i have no idea where it is or how their events are scheduled, but do pass on the address if you may. I would def'nitely be interested in checking the place out. I love Carlos Fuentes also! I am currently reading his latest: 'Instinto de Inez' and i must say it is very very... AWESOME. you should check it out if you have not done so yet. ;)

yeah, i saw that book last night at B&N and was tempted to get it, but attempting to study for the %$@# GMAT and recovering from the weekend is eating up my time :mad: :mad:

the internet address for the Mex. Cult Institute is:

http://207.224.13.65/mci/

theyre gonna start a series on Luis Bunuel later this week.