Clubplanet Nightlife Community

At the gym....

az-tec

aiight...heres the situation.....

Yesterday I was at the gym....

after working out, im doin some cardio on the elliptical machine thingy ....

IM about 15 minutes into it, and all sweaty etc.....

all of a sudden this beautiful girl comes to the treadmill like 10 feet away and starts her workout.

for the next 20 minutes we exchange looks ,smiles etc....

i finish my workout, and want to go over and talk to her, BUT....

1. I am dripping in sweat(which makes me not want to do anything but get home and shower)..and

2. she is inthe middle of her workout, and running at a steady pace on her machine....

what do u do?

I felt it was pretty pointless to go over to her since she was in the middle of a run, and if I were to go over, there, she would have to stop her workout, be out of breath, etc....

was i right or wrong? IM sure I will see her there again, and i can always talk to her then....

any opinions appreciated..

-AZ

btw... I live in Chelsea, my gym is 95% male, and i think I am the only straight guy in there...lol

Its pretty uncomfortable some of the tmie,but i block it out, but when u do see a hot girl , it is THAT much better.....

maybe it will be refreshing for her too to actually talk to a straight guy in there????

Originally posted by az-tec

all of a sudden this beautiful girl comes to the treadmill like 10 feet away and starts her workout.

1. I am dripping in sweat(which makes me not want to do anything but get home and shower)..and

2. she is inthe middle of her workout, and running at a steady pace on her machine....

what do u do?

I felt it was pretty pointless to go over to her since she was in the middle of a run, and if I were to go over, there, she would have to stop her workout, be out of breath, etc....

was i right or wrong? IM sure I will see her there again, and i can always talk to her then....

-AZ

btw... I live in Chelsea, my gym is 95% male, and i think I am the only straight guy in there...lol

Its pretty uncomfortable some of the tmie,but i block it out, but when u do see a hot girl , it is THAT much better.....

maybe it will be refreshing for her too to actually talk to a straight guy in there????

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I worked in a gym at school.......I've seen people trying to pick people up all sweaty. It doesn't work all too well.

One thing you could have done is wait for her to finish and made it a point after her workout to be close enough to her to start talking. But, it will be better the next time you see her to strike up a conversation at that time. One of those "I think I know you, yeah, I saw you at (insert random place here), no?, I know......." types of things.

what do u do?

-AZ

I think you did the right thing by not talking to her.

If i was in the middle of a good run, I would not want to be bothered. I don't care how the female may be, I am at the gym to work out, but that is just me.

stalk her and then ask her if she want to have ur children...that usually werks :D :D

/jk/...really, its tough as hell, but during your work out ask her if she's using the dumbells, etc. anything just to break the ice, after that let things evolve a bit of small talk here and there.

i wuz in the same situation a year ago with a girl at my gym (dunno if your ever been to DC) but the Bally's near GW University, I would say over 50% of the guys that go there are gay, but thats not thepoint.....anyway, there was this incredible hot girl there and i didnt know how to break the ice...the it was fate: I moved out side of DC to Alexandria and there is a Bally's 2 blocks from my house...when all of the sudden she shows up and I ask her "do you want to have my children?" :D ...well no..I just made small talk like "hey, didnt you go to the gym near GW?" and we started talking from there on....and goddam she's hot :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweat makes people think of sex........I'm telling you, it does.

If you're all sweaty and gross, who the hell cares?? Do you expect to look like you just got out of the shower after a long workout?? NO...

Just go talk to her....

Wait for her after her workout when she's all sweaty and stuff. It might make it easier. I say go for it....and also, I love it when a guy can get the confidence in situations like that....it's not too often that a cutie comes up to me when he's not 5 drinks in the hole. The gym is a perfect atmosphere. GO FOR IT!!!!:D

Well...I just got back from da gym..she wasnt there tonite...lol

but i saw Chris Kattan from SNL workin out...:laugh: :laugh:

thats mango no? haha I love that guy

Anyway, Andy I personally don't like being picked up at the gym. You should be there to work out, but if you see her often enough maybe you can bullshit on a friendly basis. But the sweaty part doesn't matter, definitely don't talk to her while she is on the machine...

The elliptical! my favorite machine.......yeah I hate it when people start a conversation in the middle of my run, but I also have my music in my ears... it is nice when you meet someone to lift with though and seriously if a hot guy comes up to me when I'm all sweaty it's a turn on it means he's into me because I'm fit and not all primmed up ...

Originally posted by djjonstephen

I worked in a gym at school.......I've seen people trying to pick people up all sweaty. It doesn't work all too well.

One thing you could have done is wait for her to finish and made it a point after her workout to be close enough to her to start talking. But, it will be better the next time you see her to strike up a conversation at that time. One of those "I think I know you, yeah, I saw you at (insert random place here), no?, I know......." types of things.

what he said

I think you should have at least said hi... plant some sort of mental seed now so you can plant... well you get my drift