Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For Vinyl...

I was having a conversation with my boyfriend yesterday about music. He just started a new job and about 70% of the people he works with are black and listen to rap music. Well, as usual, he was playing trance off of his computer and his cubicle buddy was like "that sounds like that stuff that outkast raps over, what kind of music is that? is that white music? I listen to white music like Linkin Park and shit. Your white, do you listen to Dave Mathews?" blah, blah etc....

Well, we were talking, and realized that electronic music doesn't have a stereotypical audience, and that brought up Vinyl. The truth is, neither gender, race, or anything that makes us different matters when you walk through Vinyl's doors. Everyone is there and united for one simple reason: music. The fact that all of you die-hard Vinyl people are now begining to discriminate agianst who should be allowed into the place is against all principles the venue is built upon. So what... more people know about it. Well, maybe its because they appreciate the sense of unity they feel when inside the venue just like the rest of us did when we first discovered Vinyl. Personally, I think that we need more Vinyl's in this world to bring people together. (yeah that sounds sappy but I am sure most will agree) Getting along with eachother; It's part of what Vinyl stands for, and I think all of you "die-hards" should uphold this idea and acccept the fact that there will be a diverse crowd and even if you don't approve of some of the people that show up you should show them the courtousy that each of you were shown when you were a newbie to the scene, and when you were discovering what good music and a good vibe is.

Jenn

Originally posted by jennEfer

Well, we were talking, and realized that electronic music doesn't have a stereotypical audience, and that brought up Vinyl. The truth is, neither gender, race, or anything that makes us different matters when you walk through Vinyl's doors. Everyone is there and united for one simple reason: music.

All good points hon but I think that the people that posted their dismay at the changes in Vinyl...are talking about those people that AREN'T coming for the music...but to "do drugs and hook up." Unfortunately, not everyone goes clubbing for the music.