Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Luke Slater album in April

from spaced.co.uk

Luke Slater is to release his third album Alright On Top on the 8th April on the Mute label.

The innovative techno producer spent the majority of last year in the studio working on the album, but will be touring later this year with a full live band, including guest vocalists Ricky Barrow (ex-The Aloof) and Al Sage. The album features ten new tracks, including the forthcoming single Nothing At At All and has been proclaimed as Slater's most diverse and ambitious work yet.

Slater has been producing tracks since the early 1990s but came to prominence after signing to Novamute in 1997, to release the eclectic Freek Funk and Wireless albums. The dark, twisted techno and menacing electro that he was creating set him at the forefront of the electronic scene and a series of energetic live performances proved his importance in the techno world.

Refusing to confine himself to the conventions of any one genre or style, and with a sound that's always inventive, challenging, and uncompromising, this ain't going to be one for the faint-hearted!

Guest tilly
Originally posted by gonzojournilist

luke slater is the shit the only time I saw him spin was at sputnik 3 and I really have no clue on what went on that night...

but shit he released 2 years ago like all exhale and class action is fucking nuts!

are you back too???

GEEZ...we need to call this month CP reunion.:D:cool:

Originally posted by tilly

are you back too???

I wish

I'm still in maryland at this hardcore military style merchant marine training base.

my first month was all physical training and sleep depervasion (sp?) so I had no time to go on the internet now I basically have all the time in the world

fucking bored out of my mind!

I'll be back in ny around August or so

I miss NYC

I miss a normal life...

Reef